H.R. 2324-Registration and putting gun shows out of business

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 1

H.R. 2324-Registration and putting gun shows out of business

Post by stevie_d_64 »

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Feder ... 852&issue=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

H.R. 2324--Aiming At Registering Gun Owners And Putting Gun Shows Out Of Business

Friday, May 08, 2009

On May 6, at a press conference with Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Campaign, U.S. Representatives Michael Castle (R-Del.) and Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) introduced H.R. 2324--the "Gun Show Loophole Closing Act." Masquerading as reform, H.R. 2324 would impose severe bureaucratic restrictions aimed at shutting down gun shows.

The bill is essentially a re-introduction of the failed H.R. 96, introduced in the 110th Congress. Despite changes from the Lautenberg juvenile justice amendment of 1999, on which the measure is based, H.R. 2324 fails to address gun owners' most significant concerns. In several areas it is even more restrictive than past attempts to regulate gun shows. H.R. 2324 would create gun owner registration, massive new government red tape, and allow harassment of gun show organizers, vendors and attendees. The bill also ignores a glaring problem--multiple government studies prove gun shows are not a source of "crime guns."

Anti-gun Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) introduced a companion bill (S. 843) in the U.S. Senate in late April.

Please be sure to contact your U.S. Representative and urge him or her to strongly oppose H.R. 2324; and please be sure to contact your U.S. Senators and urge them to strongly oppose S. 843! You can call your U.S. Representative at (202) 225-3121, and your U.S. Senators at (202) 224-3121.
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

AEA
Posts in topic: 1

Re: H.R. 2324-Registration and putting gun shows out of business

Post by AEA »

I predict our membership dues and donations to the NRA will go a long way in defeating this Junk (I only said Junk, because I can't say what I would really call it).
:banghead: :banghead: :mad5 :mad5
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Return to “Federal”