What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TxDrifter
Posts in topic: 1

Confiscated by ATF

Post by TxDrifter »

http://myrecordjournal.com/site/tab1.cf ... 2709&rfi=6

I agree with the comment in the article. They just needed to knock on the door and inquire. If they felt it was a problem they could have given him notice to have them moved to a more secure location or sell them. Funny how they kept the collectibles but left the Beretta and no arrests. I would really hate to be on the receiving end of this.

Should this have gone in political, or another thread??
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member
Do or do not, there is no try.
For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Confiscated by ATF

Post by Oldgringo »

Yankees! These are the same people who keep electing the likes of Chris Dodd, Barney Franks, all of the Kennedys and
John Kerry, etc., etc. :nopity

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Oldgringo wrote:Yankees! These are the same people who keep electing the likes of Chris Dodd, Barney Franks, all of the Kennedys and
John Kerry, etc., etc. :nopity
Almost half of them also vote against them. The districts are finally crafted by the gerrymanders.
This was the feds raiding a private home in New England. It sounds like you feel even those who feel the same way we do deserve this treatment by the BATFE. If the Feds can behave like this in Conn. they can behave like this in Texas. Local rules do not apply with the BATF. These storm trooper techniques will likely see a renewed interest down here in Texas. after all they developed them here in Waco in the first place.

Vermont and New Hampshire have less restrictive gun laws than we do. Connecticut has pretty strict gun laws but they no where as bad as Mass, RI, NY or New Jersey.

There are freedom loving people in all the "Yankee" states and none of them deserve to be treated like this.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Liberty wrote:

There are freedom loving people in all the "Yankee" states and none of them deserve to be treated like this.
Agreed!

Medino

Post by Medino »

that reminds me of this one:
http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/nets-1 ... d-atf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
VICTORVILLE • Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearm agents seized more than 200 firearms and ammunition from a local gun store and the owner's home, according to ATF officials.

Hoffman would not disclose the details or the reason behind the seizure.

Witnesses reported the federal agents were at the gun shop for nearly two hours and left with the firearms, ammunition and business documents.

Mitchell's federal firearms license was not revoked, meaning the store could reopen, but Hoffman said Mitchell does not have any guns left in his inventory.
Personally, I’m interested in keeping other people from building Utopia, because the more you believe you can create heaven on earth the more likely you are to set up guillotines in the public square to hasten the process.--James Lileks

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Sounds to me like another :banghead: :blowup

They need to be charged to repair, at their local offices expense the back door, and any other loss of structural integrity and security to that home, right now...Not tomorrow, not after lenghty investigations and hemming and hawing...

If all it took was a "tip" and then a judge signed off on that warrant, then I believe the same time frame should be applied to fixing what they screwed up...

I am going to keep the rest of my thoughts to myself as I do not wish to break a well respected rule in this forum...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “Federal”