The Bradys are excited: Time to get to work.

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

74novaman
Posts in topic: 5

Re: The Bradys are excited: Time to get to work.

Post by 74novaman »

nitrogen wrote:This is one of the big reasons I stay here. I probably disagree with many here on 30-60% of politics outside of guns, but almost everyone here is good people, and just because I disagree with them doesn't mean they arent good folks and I wouldnt want to hopefully meet many of 'em at CHLForum day. (And hopefully they feel the same about me!)
I'm one of those likely to disagree with you, but I couldn't agree more with this statement. I'd love to make it out to a Forum day and meet some of yall. :txflag:
TANSTAAFL

mgood
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mgood »

Liberty wrote:Someone once said "an armed society is a polite society" (Heinlan ?)
Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the person who said it, even though I don't think that's the way the name is spelled. Not sure, and too lazy to go look it up right now.

LarryH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LarryH »

mgood wrote:
Liberty wrote:Someone once said "an armed society is a polite society" (Heinlan ?)
Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the person who said it, even though I don't think that's the way the name is spelled. Not sure, and too lazy to go look it up right now.
Robert Anson Heinlein (don't know if the quote is original to him) was one of my favorite science fiction authors

lrb111
Posts in topic: 3

Post by lrb111 »

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 00989.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

lrb111
Posts in topic: 3

Post by lrb111 »

74novaman wrote:
nitrogen wrote:This is one of the big reasons I stay here. I probably disagree with many here on 30-60% of politics outside of guns, but almost everyone here is good people, and just because I disagree with them doesn't mean they arent good folks and I wouldnt want to hopefully meet many of 'em at CHLForum day. (And hopefully they feel the same about me!)
I'm one of those likely to disagree with you, but I couldn't agree more with this statement. I'd love to make it out to a Forum day and meet some of yall. :txflag:
just saw this, and had to use it.
I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Robert A. Heinlein
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

Eddie2612
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Eddie2612 »

the whole - gunshow loophole is inaccurate /targeted statement.. If some gangbanger in the inner city wants a gun.. he is most likely NOT going to pony up and go to a gunshow.. The type of people that get guns and commit crimes get them from "a source" or thru a "hookup"... not through legit ways.. Do folks in DC REALLY think that closing the "gun show loophole" is going to stop criminals from getting handguns? Criminals STEAL things, why would politicians assume that they are going to get their firearms in a LEGAL way.. They steal cars, money, valuables.. Who thinks that they would go park outside a gunshow and say "hey buddy, how much do you want for that handgun.. can I pay you retail value?"

Glock 19 - IWB
Ruger P345 = .45
Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Purplehood »

wheelgun1958 wrote:Anyone with over 900 posts on this forum should know the laws concerning firearms purchases and transfers. Furthermore, there is no qualification clause in the Second Amendment.

:clapping:
By virtue of a number of posts, I should actually know something?
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Return to “Federal”