Total votes: 34

Topic author
John
Posts in topic: 1

Rudolph Giuliani running for President as a Republican

Post by John »

See the story at:

http://townhall.com/Columnists/RobertDN ... _president

Republican insiders respond to these numbers by saying rank-and-file GOP voters will abandon Giuliani once they realize his position on abortion, gay rights and gun control. Party strategists calculate that if he actually runs, he must change on at least one of these issues.
I like Rudy, but I do not feel he is a true conservative and most likely will not vote for him. He is extremely popular, so it will take a lot between now and then to discourage him from running. If he runs, He’ll split the conservative vote and put a democrat in office. I have no doubt about that.

JohnC
JohnC

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Rudy is a New York City Republican, which is a term similar to the old Southern Democrat (Dixiecrat.) Rudy is more Democrat in his politics that most registered Democrats.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

flintknapper
Banned

Re: Rudolph Giuliani running for President as a Republican

Post by flintknapper »

John wrote:See the story at:

http://townhall.com/Columnists/RobertDN ... _president

Republican insiders respond to these numbers by saying rank-and-file GOP voters will abandon Giuliani once they realize his position on abortion, gay rights and gun control. Party strategists calculate that if he actually runs, he must change on at least one of these issues.
I like Rudy, but I do not feel he is a true conservative and most likely will not vote for him. He is extremely popular, so it will take a lot between now and then to discourage him from running. If he runs, He’ll split the conservative vote and put a democrat in office. I have no doubt about that.

JohnC

+1
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

He is a RINO (Republican in name only).

He does not support our RKBA.

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Redneck country boy logic. Anybody that can get 51% of the votes & get elected as mayor of NY cannot have strong convictions about the things I have VERY strong convictions about no matter how good a job he did post 9-11.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

justsome45guy

Post by justsome45guy »

He'll never carry enough southern and western states to garner the party's nomination. Take your pick from his antigun stance, lisping New Yawk accent, adultery and messy divorce while in office, or lack of qualifications. A couple terms as mayor just doesn't cut it. He'd be a lot more viable candidate had he beaten Hillary Clinton for senate in 2000. He was trailing in the polls for that race before being diagnosed with cancer and dropping out. Maybe he should have challenged Chuck Schumer when that senate seat was up. As it stands he'll have been 8 years out of politics by the election. No chance.

res1b3uq

Voting

Post by res1b3uq »

I voted AGAINST Clinton. I voted AGAINST Gore. I want a candidate I can vote FOR. Right now I don't see much the republicans (little R on purpose) have to offer AGAIN. If an acceptable Conservative Independent should run--------

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

I voted "no" on Rudy, although I believe he's a good man and was a fantastic leader in NYC during and after 9/11, including the admirable way that he, being a lame duck due to term limits, made sure that the city elections went forward, and his successor took office.

I might consider voting for a NY Republican if he was a life member of NRA, member of SAF and/or GOA, and held a campaign stop on the firing line at Knob Creek.

Kevin

Return to “Federal”