Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
quidni
Posts in topic: 1

Brady scores Obama

Post by quidni »

Obama Gets Failing Grades from Gun Control Group
Christopher Weber, Editor

A leading advocacy group has given President Obama an "F" for what it calls his failure to take significant steps to advance gun control laws.

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence endorsed Obama in 2008, but its president, Paul Helmke, said this year the president "ran away from the issue," The Hill reported.

The Brady campaign gave Obama failing grades on every issue it scored. The group criticized the president for signing legislation that contained amendments that repealed laws banning guns in national parks and on Amtrak trains.

Helmke said the Obama administration hadn't yet reached out to the Brady campaign, and that he doesn't expect the White House to do so anytime soon, according to The Hill.

Read the full Brady report card here.
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

jmra

Re: Brady scores Obama

Post by jmra »

With brown winning in MA and health care now on life support I doubt he will be going after guns anytime soon. I am more concerned about the local level like what APD is up to.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

dukesean

Post by dukesean »

quidni wrote:Obama Gets Failing Grades from Gun Control Group
Christopher Weber, Editor

A leading advocacy group has given President Obama an "F" for what it calls his failure to take significant steps to advance gun control laws.

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence endorsed Obama in 2008, but its president, Paul Helmke, said this year the president "ran away from the issue," The Hill reported.

The Brady campaign gave Obama failing grades on every issue it scored. The group criticized the president for signing legislation that contained amendments that repealed laws banning guns in national parks and on Amtrak trains.

Helmke said the Obama administration hadn't yet reached out to the Brady campaign, and that he doesn't expect the White House to do so anytime soon, according to The Hill.

Read the full Brady report card here.
I guess that means we're winning for the time being.
-------------------------------------
Sean H.
NRA Life Member
TSRA

Ashlar
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Ashlar »

Both Brady and the NRA give him an 'F'- the difference is that the NRA gives him an 'F' for intent, the Brady bunch for effect.

marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by marksiwel »

Ashlar wrote:Both Brady and the NRA give him an 'F'- the difference is that the NRA gives him an 'F' for intent, the Brady bunch for effect.
He's the Most Anti Gun President ever (how many anti gun laws has he passed? *cough* Carry in State park*Cough*) and then the reverse side "He isnt doing ANYTHING about gun laws/gays/taxes/healthcare"

What has Obama done other than just blow a bunch of money?
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

Ashlar

Post by Ashlar »

Yup, he's in a lose-lose situation re guns. Do I think he'd sign an anti-gun bill if one floated across his desk? In a heartbeat. Do I think he'd try to waste political capital pushing for one? Not in the next 3 years*.

*I could see him pushing for an anti-gun bill during a second term.

marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by marksiwel »

Ashlar wrote:Yup, he's in a lose-lose situation re guns. Do I think he'd sign an anti-gun bill if one floated across his desk? In a heartbeat. Do I think he'd try to waste political capital pushing for one? Not in the next 3 years*.

*I could see him pushing for an anti-gun bill during a second term.
yeah its the second term Obama I'm scared of. If he gets a second term, look for an assualt weapon ban, closing of military bases, and the filibuster being done away with, not to mention the Supreme Court getting stacked with Liberal activist judges.
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

Ashlar

Post by Ashlar »

marksiwel wrote:yeah its the second term Obama I'm scared of. If he gets a second term, look for an assualt weapon ban, closing of military bases, and the filibuster being done away with, not to mention the Supreme Court getting stacked with Liberal activist judges.
Meh, with the Senate & House like they are, and the SCOTUS likely to rule on McDonald this summer, I'm not _too_ worried. I'm sure we'll have to keep the pressure on, but I can't see things changing that much in that time.

btw, have you seen the Gallup poll from October of last year?
http://www.gallup.com/poll/123596/In-U. ... -Laws.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mymojo

Post by mymojo »

The Brady's gave Obama an F.

We'll, ummmm.....

"Dialing 9-1-1 is wise.... Expecting them to arrive in time to save you is foolish." - Tsung Tzu, The Art of War

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I'm caught between tears (of joy) and jeers on this one...

But at the same time, I am not letting my guard down a bit...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “Federal”