NRA backs Lampson and not Sekula Gibbs?????

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Liberty wrote:
barres wrote: Sometimes I wish there was the option used in the movie "Brewster's Millions." Vote "None of the Above." :roll:
There is always the Libertarian candidate.
To be brutally honest...I believe the Republican Party has 24 months to get its act together, stop lambasting and insulting the ranks of its base, or I guarantee that the Libertarian Party is going to suck up a lot of the conservative votes starting in '08...

Bob Smither is a good man, it pains me to see a person who has a genuine passion for the right kinds of things for the right reasons get demonized like he has...

He's not using his daughters death, or any notoriety from that, to push his campaign at all...It is mentioned, because some people need that horrible incident to connect the dots, and therfore get people to read deeper into his ideas and agenda...

He knows and understands what a lot of us are going through in our current political affiliations, and knows its only a matter of time...

He'll be someone we need to keep track of in the years to come...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

tomneal
Posts in topic: 2

The NRA is not Republican or Democrat

Post by tomneal »

The NRA is not Republican or Democrat

We are a Pro 2nd Amendment orginization.

We want politicians from all partys to support our cause. So, we support those that do.

If we only suported one of the political partys, why would any of them suport our bills.

The party we supported would not value our support becuse they already had our vote.

The partys we didn't support would not support our bills because no-mater-what our members would not vote for them.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KBCraig »

seamusTX wrote:
KBCraig wrote:After the district realignment, I found myself looking at two unknowns (to me): Lampson and Ralph Hall.
I'm confused. Mr. Lamspon represented the 9th district before 2003. I was in that district. After redistricting, he was in the 2nd. That's nowhere near Texarkana. It's mostly Chambers and Liberty counties, with a piece of Harris.

Ralph Hall represents the 4th, which includes Texarkana.

- Jim
Maybe I'm the one who's confused. I know I was getting Nick Lampson mailers, and he was in the news a lot. I can't say for sure that he was running against Hall.

Anyway, for whatever reason, during that election cycle I read Lampson's website and looked at his mailings. He just struck me as... "out there".

Kevin

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 4

Post by seamusTX »

KBCraig wrote:I was getting Nick Lampson mailers, ...
Maybe whoever mailed them got the boundaries of the new district mixed up (it's often done by contractors). I recall getting material for candidates who we couldn't vote for in 2004.

Does the name Jim Nickerson ring any bells?

- Jim

stevie_d_64

Re: The NRA is not Republican or Democrat

Post by stevie_d_64 »

tomneal wrote:The NRA is not Republican or Democrat

We are a Pro 2nd Amendment orginization.

We want politicians from all partys to support our cause. So, we support those that do.

If we only suported one of the political partys, why would any of them suport our bills.

The party we supported would not value our support becuse they already had our vote.

The partys we didn't support would not support our bills because no-mater-what our members would not vote for them.
Nothing wrong with that at all, I don't dissagree...

And if there was a way to take the party and political gobbledy goop out of it, I would...But that would be silly...

It comes down to whom the candidate as a whole agrees with you the most...Regardless of party affiliation...

I lean conservative, no big secret there...

I also (Please forgive me) believe its not all about the 2nd Amendment...I know everyone knows that as well...

Just trying to wrap it all up in as complete a package as possible...

But this is just my opinion...Not trying to ruffle anything...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

tomneal

no offense taken.

Post by tomneal »

no offense taken.

Being a one issue voter
I would rather have folks like Ron Paul but I'll settle for politicians that will at least leave my guns alone.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

stevie_d_64

Re: no offense taken.

Post by stevie_d_64 »

tomneal wrote:no offense taken.

Being a one issue voter
I would rather have folks like Ron Paul but I'll settle for politicians that will at least leave my guns alone.
Absolutely, I'm with you 150% there...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Nick Lampson is backed by both the NRA and my teacher's union, so he'll probably get my vote. I also do not like anyone messing with my guns or attempting to tell me where I can bring them.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Freedom4All
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Freedom4All »

Just remember that voting to put a democrat in a US House seat is a vote for Nancy Pelosi to be Speaker of the United States House of Representatives. Do you want a San Franciscan style secular progressive at the helm of the House of Representatives? Remember, that is second in line to the Presidency after the Vice President.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KBCraig »

Venus Pax wrote:Nick Lampson is backed by both the NRA and my teacher's union, so he'll probably get my vote. I also do not like anyone messing with my guns or attempting to tell me where I can bring them.
Regarding the last part: what's your union's stance on teachers (or anyone else) being able to carry in schools? Or do they push for more "security"?

Kevin

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

That's a good question, Kevin. I'll ask our president that. (As a board member of our local, I actually should know. :oops: )
I've brought it up before in our local, and most of our local members have no problems with teachers w/ CHLs carrying in the classroom.

I'm actually glad you brought it up. Next time I'm at a union convention, I need to speak to the leadership face to face about this. It's a good issue, and with the recent shootings, an excellent time to bring it up.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Freedom4All wrote:Just remember that voting to put a democrat in a US House seat is a vote for Nancy Pelosi to be Speaker of the United States House of Representatives. Do you want a San Franciscan style secular progressive at the helm of the House of Representatives? Remember, that is second in line to the Presidency after the Vice President.
Thats a scary possibility... :iagree:
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Diode
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Diode »

Freedom4All wrote:Just remember that voting to put a democrat in a US House seat is a vote for Nancy Pelosi to be Speaker of the United States House of Representatives. Do you want a San Franciscan style secular progressive at the helm of the House of Representatives? Remember, that is second in line to the Presidency after the Vice President.
Very good point.

Return to “Federal”