Susanna Hupp Video

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
oilman
Posts in topic: 1

Susanna Hupp Video

Post by oilman »

You forum veterans have probably seen this before but it was the first time I had seen it. Found it on the combat carry forum. Very powerful.

I'm sure many of us here are familiar with the story of Susanna Hupp. For those who aren't, Hupp is the author of the Texas "shall-issue" concealed carry law. Mrs. Hupp was motivated by a life-changing experience.

On Oct. 16, 1991, She met her parents for lunch at the Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen, Texas, the same day George Hennard drove his pickup truck through the restaurant's front window, produced a pistol and deliberately shot customers one by one. He murdered 23 people, and then committed suicide when cornered by police. At the time Texas law did not allow concealed carry and Susanna Hupp's unloaded self-defense handgun was locked in her car. She watched helplessly as her father and mother were shot to death.

Here is a video of her testimony that I happened to come across on the internet and I wanted to share it because I think anyone who watches can't logically deny that having a concealed weapon in her situation is a good thing, maybe you could show it to an anti-carry friend or relative, it just may change their minds. The segment about the Assault Weapons is a cool bonus. Also, take a look a Chuck Shumers expression during the whole thing, It's really priceless.

Here is the link, just right click and save. Video is about 4 min long and under 4mb so it should download fast.

Windows media http://robodoon.com/VIDEO/Gun%20Control%20Witness.wmv

or

Real player
http://robodoon.com/realg2/Gun%20Control%20Witness.rm

On a lighter note, I also came across this funny piece on YouTube featuring an episode of American Dad and how guns defend people.

Here is the link:

Shu

Post by Shu »

Very nice post I havent seen that but I clearly remember that day
Thank you for posting that

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Great post!!
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Commander

Post by Commander »

"Chuckie" Shumer clearly didn't care one iota about what she was saying. His look was "I know what is right for you people, don't bother me"
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

kw5kw

Post by kw5kw »

"The second admentment is not about duck hunting; it's about our right to protect ourselves from you guys up there!"

How true, how true.
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 3

Post by stevie_d_64 »

She finished up her testamony with the best "in your face" retort ever...

And Chucky (I actually think they replayed the "I don't care about you people look") Schumer is the epitamy of the waste of time, space and air in all of American politics...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

gmckinl

Post by gmckinl »

SGH is most most mesmerizing speaker I've ever heard. She is the exception to the rule when it comes to politicians.
NRA Life Member

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson

Roger Howard

Post by Roger Howard »

stevie_d_64 wrote:She finished up her testamony with the best "in your face" retort ever...

And Chucky (I actually think they replayed the "I don't care about you people look") Schumer is the epitamy of the waste of time, space and air in all of American politics...
go girl go...

I agree 110% with your opinion of Schumer.
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

ForbidInjustice

Post by ForbidInjustice »

Dr. Suzanna Hupp is great. I can't wait to see her again in a couple weeks. I haven't seen her since I got my CHL a week or so ago, and back in March I told her I was about to take the class and her face just lit up with excitement. I can never get enough of her interviews, because she's so passionate about gun laws and for very good reason.. consider the Luby's Massacre. Even though the politics she's involved in yields little pay, she continues to do it with a passion. What an amazing woman.
- Dre
- Fort Hood, Texas
- http://www.dhs.gov

Where two discourse, if the one's anger rise, the man who lets the contest fall is wise.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I think it would be neat to find the best internet video file of this and post it as a sticky...Lock it, because it just almost doesn't need any more discussion than what she has said already...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Walkin' Jack

Post by Walkin' Jack »

That was GREAT! My skin is still tingling. You just can't say it any plainer, any more eloquently, any more directly than that great American woman said it in that clip.

I gotta go listen to that again!
"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Chruchill

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

It sure was tragic what happened to her and her parents...But she did something that is almost unheard of these days...She turned it into something positive...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

stevie_d_64 wrote:She finished up her testamony with the best "in your face" retort ever...

I couldn't have said it better, Stevie, but I can try:

His carbon footprint needs to be smaller.

There needs to be more chlorine in his gene pool?

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Roy D. Mercer

Post by Roy D. Mercer »

Schumer, isn't that German for:

Wait, ten year old Daughter rule kicked in.
How big a boy are you!

.45 is the only way to fly!

mrbug

Post by mrbug »

I reckon that would make Schumer a shining example of the perfect epitome of public serPent.
How we conduct ourselves defines us. At the end of the day we answer to ourselves. At the end of our days we answer to God.

Return to “Federal”