2012 Presidential Election

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Ameer
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 2012 Presidential Election

Post by Ameer »

OldSchool wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:The past President's administration is what gets the future President elected. Think about it....
Except what is this President's forte (it sure has nothing to do with vision or management skills or leadership skills)? Think about it.... :cool:
Obama is very good at using mob psychology to get votes.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SewTexas »

I can't believe that of the bunch that have said "I'm gonna run" I'm thinking Ron Paul might be the best of the lot....that right there makes me want to be sick....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Rex B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rex B »

+1 for Alan West

Might be too soon though.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Dave2
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Dave2 »

Rex B wrote:+1 for Alan West

Nothing in his Wikipedia entry makes me want him to not run, but that's all I know about the guy.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

SewTexas wrote:I can't believe that of the bunch that have said "I'm gonna run" I'm thinking Ron Paul might be the best of the lot....that right there makes me want to be sick....
...it's kinda sad, ain't it...?

A Presidential election is less than 2 years off and the current POTUS has no, as in zero, competition. Guess what folks...

Texas Dan Mosby

Post by Texas Dan Mosby »

I am seriously depressed about the next presidential election, and the future of our nation as a whole.
88 day wait for the state to approve my constitutional right to bear arms...

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Dave2 wrote:

Nothing in his Wikipedia entry makes me want him to not run, but that's all I know about the guy.
:iagree:

from Wiki...
West was charged with violating articles 128 (assault) and 134 (general article) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. During a hearing held as part of an Article 32 investigation in November 2003, West stated, "I know the method I used was not right, but I wanted to take care of my soldiers."[citation needed] The charges were ultimately referred to an Article 15 proceeding rather than court-martial, at which West was fined $5,000.[11] LTC West accepted the judgment and retired with full benefits in the summer of 2004. Asked if he would have act differently if under similar circumstances again, West testified, "If it's about the lives of my soldiers at stake, I'd go through [heck] with a gasoline can."[13] After Colonel West was relieved of his command, an interpreter said that without his presence the region he previously oversaw became more dangerous and chaotic.[11]

At his hearing, West pointed out that there were no further ambushes against American forces in Taji until he was relieved of his leadership post on October 4.[6] After West's retirement, he received more than 2,000 letters and e-mails offering him moral support.[11] Furthermore, a letter supporting West was signed by 95 members of Congress and sent to the Secretary of the Army.[11]
Honor, leadership, ability to make hard decisions and take personal risk when American lives are on the line. :patriot:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Munk

Post by Munk »

RoyGBiv wrote:
Dave2 wrote:

:iagree:

from Wiki...
West was charged with violating articles 128 (assault) and 134 (general article) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. During a hearing held as part of an Article 32 investigation in November 2003, West stated, "I know the method I used was not right, but I wanted to take care of my soldiers."[citation needed] The charges were ultimately referred to an Article 15 proceeding rather than court-martial, at which West was fined $5,000.[11] LTC West accepted the judgment and retired with full benefits in the summer of 2004. Asked if he would have act differently if under similar circumstances again, West testified, "If it's about the lives of my soldiers at stake, I'd go through [heck] with a gasoline can."[13] After Colonel West was relieved of his command, an interpreter said that without his presence the region he previously oversaw became more dangerous and chaotic.[11]

At his hearing, West pointed out that there were no further ambushes against American forces in Taji until he was relieved of his leadership post on October 4.[6] After West's retirement, he received more than 2,000 letters and e-mails offering him moral support.[11] Furthermore, a letter supporting West was signed by 95 members of Congress and sent to the Secretary of the Army.[11]
Honor, leadership, ability to make hard decisions and take personal risk when American lives are on the line. :patriot:

Too soon? Not anymore sooner than a Junior Senator from Illinois winning the Presidency. The Libs have gotten over the "lack of experience" obstacle and are moving forward with their agendas. I suggest we Conservatives do so too. :patriot:
III%

hirundo82
Posts in topic: 7

Post by hirundo82 »

OldSchool wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:The past President's administration is what gets the future President elected. Think about it....
Except what is this President's forte (it sure has nothing to do with vision or management skills or leadership skills)? Think about it.... :cool:
Obama's biggest strength in 2008 was that he was essentially a blank slate onto which his supporters could project any policy position they supported. Many of them thought, "He's a smart guy, so he must feel the same way I do about civil rights/war in the Middle East/gay marriage/etc."

He's no longer a blank slate, and has done a remarkably good job alienating his liberal base. If the Republicans nominate a non-insane candidate, Obama is beatable in 2012.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

tarkus

Post by tarkus »

As bad as Obama is, he's been more pro-gun recently than the Republicans in the Texas Legislature. :totap:
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's on the internet, thank a geek.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-n ... gun-owners

Although I seriously don't think "The Donald" will actually run, he's been quite the media darling with his
on-air comments and his current 1st place ranking (among prospective Rep candidates).

He has one of those rare NYC CHL's, but is in favor of bringing back the assault weapons ban, and for
having a waiting period for firearms purchases. He trusts himself, but not other law-abiding gun owners.

If he did run, and he did win, the US could be looking at multiple First Ladies during his tenure. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

gwtrikenut

Post by gwtrikenut »

tacticool wrote:Too soon? Not if you have Larry Sabato's crystal ball. :mrgreen:

This looks like it leans more to the Democratic vote but, one has to remember, the current president will not get the votes he did two years ago. Too many promises not kept. Many of the people who voted for him last election, will not either vote for him or not vote at all. He took too long to answer the birth question and has inposed a very large bebt on the people to repay. Secondly, no one is too big to fail. And so, the bailout should have never happened. Let these companies fail. We would have gotten past that and been better for it. But by bailing them out and then them giving bonuses, because they showed a profit, thanks to our tax dollars, give the current president bad light. So it is not just one happening that will stop him from being elected again. It is the combination of many, too many to mention here.

Shoot Straight

Post by Shoot Straight »

gwtrikenut wrote:He took too long to answer the birth question and has inposed a very large bebt on the people to repay.
A lot of people don't care about "the birth question" and many of his supporters don't pay taxes, for one reason or another, so they don't care about government debt.
Ride
Shoot Straight
Speak the Truth

The Mad Moderate

Post by The Mad Moderate »

hirundo82 wrote:
OldSchool wrote:
Obama's biggest strength in 2008 was that he was essentially a blank slate onto which his supporters could project any policy position they supported. Many of them thought, "He's a smart guy, so he must feel the same way I do about civil rights/war in the Middle East/gay marriage/etc."

He's no longer a blank slate, and has done a remarkably good job alienating his liberal base. If the Republicans nominate a non-insane candidate, Obama is beatable in 2012.
If the Republicans can put up someone who is not insane I might be able to swallow a vote for a (R). i am losing patience with Obama on a daily basis he is not the Obama I voted for in 2008. With little chance of a strong primary challenger myself and (some) others on left may defect for a reasonable republican.
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

hirundo82
Posts in topic: 7

Post by hirundo82 »

loadedliberal wrote:If the Republicans can put up someone who is not insane I might be able to swallow a vote for a (R). i am losing patience with Obama on a daily basis he is not the Obama I voted for in 2008. With little chance of a strong primary challenger myself and (some) others on left may defect for a reasonable republican.
If the Republicans were to nominate a libertarian-leaning candidate (not Ron Paul) I think they would have a good chance of pulling in many from the civil liberties wing of the Democratic party. Concentrate on ending the wars in the Middle East, ending the drug war, reigning in the civil liberties abuses which have been propogated by both parties since 9/11.

Unfortunately, I don't think such a candidate has much of a chance in the Republican primaries.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

Return to “Federal”