Bolton Stepping Down - Affect on UN Gun Restrictions?

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
GlockenHammer
Posts in topic: 2

Bolton Stepping Down - Affect on UN Gun Restrictions?

Post by GlockenHammer »

From click2houston.com I understand that John Bolton is resigning as our U.N. Embassador because he was unable to secure Senate confirmation.

Question 1: Was his lack of confirmation related to his strong stance on gun rights?

Question 2: If so, are we at risk of a Democratic Senate pusing to get an anti-gun embassador? That's all the UN would need to totally run amok.

Thoughts?

Topic author
GlockenHammer

Post by GlockenHammer »

Also see this CNN article.

John

Re: Bolton Stepping Down - Affect on UN Gun Restrictions?

Post by John »

GlockenHammer wrote: Question 1: Was his lack of confirmation related to his strong stance on gun rights?
Not that I know of. I think he just scared the heck out of the whinning, sniveling pacifists on the left side of the isle. I am very disappointed that he wasn’t confirmed.
JohnC

John

Post by John »

also, according to the Drudge Report, George Mitchell is the short list as a replacement nominee.

I may have to start listening more to you Libertarians out there. :oops: Why in the world would a democrat be on Bush's short list for UN Ambassador? :evil: He will be anit-gun and was the senate majority leader when the brady bill was passed (i believe this is correct).
JohnC

Return to “Federal”