Heard a Rumor

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Heard a Rumor

Postby OldCurlyWolf » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:35 pm

That after the Idiot shot at the White House, Obama signed an Executive Order Banning All Firearms from all Federal Property, even those that are specifically set up to allow hunting.

Only heard it once and haven't found ANYTHING to confirm it. Has anyone else found anything to confirm this thing? :shock: :waiting: :confused5
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison
User avatar
OldCurlyWolf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Heard a Rumor

Postby Medic218 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:53 pm

He can't just make stuff up and sign it in to law.
It has to go through the proper steps of going through the house and senate or something or another.....at that point he can either sign it in to law or veto it.
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218
User avatar
Medic218
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1241
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:11 am
Location: DFW

Re: Heard a Rumor

Postby nakedbike » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:00 pm

MedicMan218 wrote:He can't just make stuff up and sign it in to law.
It has to go through the proper steps of going through the house and senate or something or another.....at that point he can either sign it in to law or veto it.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJL2Uuv-oQ Schoolhouse Rock - How a Bill Becomes a Law. Oldie but goodie.
12/16/2011 Mailed packet
3/05/2012 In my hand.
nakedbike
Member
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:30 pm
Location: Las Cruces, NM

Re: Heard a Rumor

Postby C-dub » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:40 pm

There are those pesky little executive orders, but I doubt this rumor is true.
"Immediate necessity makes many things convenient, which if continued would grow into oppressions." Thomas Paine, 1776
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan, January 20, 1981, Inaugural Address
User avatar
C-dub
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8395
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Heard a Rumor

Postby RPB » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:23 am

MedicMan218 wrote:He can't just make stuff up and sign it in to law.

Yet.... But, he's working on it. Perhaps some day the dictatorship will rule if everyone allows rights to be infringed more and more.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"
RPB
Banned
 
Posts: 8697
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: Heard a Rumor

Postby Heartland Patriot » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:11 pm

RPB wrote:
MedicMan218 wrote:He can't just make stuff up and sign it in to law.

Yet.... But, he's working on it. Perhaps some day the dictatorship will rule if everyone allows rights to be infringed more and more.


Rarely do they ever "pry them from your cold, dead hands". They legislate them away one thing, or a small group of things, at a time. And if they cannot legislate them away, they find other, administrative methods (Executive Orders, BATFE "interpretations", ect.) to make it as difficult as possible to exercise your firearm-related rights. They do this with the intent of discouraging as many people as possible. IF they reduce the number of folks who care, they can later legislate those rights away, and very few will even blink an eye...look at what happened in the UK and Australia. We, as Americans with a rich (though short) heritage and proud tradition, MUST do better than that.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance"---President Thomas Jefferson.
“If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you’re misinformed“.---Mark Twain
User avatar
Heartland Patriot
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:15 pm
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: Heard a Rumor

Postby Oldgringo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Heartland Patriot wrote:
RPB wrote:
MedicMan218 wrote:He can't just make stuff up and sign it in to law.

Yet.... But, he's working on it. Perhaps some day the dictatorship will rule if everyone allows rights to be infringed more and more.


Rarely do they ever "pry them from your cold, dead hands". They legislate them away one thing, or a small group of things, at a time. And if they cannot legislate them away, they find other, administrative methods (Executive Orders, BATFE "interpretations", ect.) to make it as difficult as possible to exercise your firearm-related rights. They do this with the intent of discouraging as many people as possible. IF they reduce the number of folks who care, they can later legislate those rights away, and very few will even blink an eye...look at what happened in the UK and Australia. We, as Americans with a rich (though short) heritage and proud tradition, MUST do better than that.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance"---President Thomas Jefferson.

Agreed! How many Texas CHL Forum members are NRA members? We, 2A RKBA believers, have no other more vocal or dedicated force fighting for our 2A rights.

{Flame away, oh ye of little faith.}
User avatar
Oldgringo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8875
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Piney Woods of Texas and NW Montana

Re: Heard a Rumor

Postby Tamie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Heartland Patriot wrote:Rarely do they ever "pry them from your cold, dead hands". They legislate them away one thing, or a small group of things, at a time. And if they cannot legislate them away, they find other, administrative methods (Executive Orders, BATFE "interpretations", ect.) to make it as difficult as possible to exercise your firearm-related rights.

Correct. How many fine upstanding citizens are willing to ignore the patently unconstitutional National Firearms Act?
User avatar
Tamie
Senior Member
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:42 am

Re: Heard a Rumor

Postby Heartland Patriot » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:03 pm

Tamie wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:Rarely do they ever "pry them from your cold, dead hands". They legislate them away one thing, or a small group of things, at a time. And if they cannot legislate them away, they find other, administrative methods (Executive Orders, BATFE "interpretations", ect.) to make it as difficult as possible to exercise your firearm-related rights.

Correct. How many fine upstanding citizens are willing to ignore the patently unconstitutional National Firearms Act?



Personally, I have a wife and kids who need me...I'm sorry to say that I am too chicken, to play chicken, with men and women who would perhaps gleefully put me behind bars for 10 years for a rifle or shotgun barrel that is a millimeter shorter than the required length or for a semi-automatic rifle that malfunctions and "doubles". If anyone thinks I'm exaggerating, please do your research...I assure you that I kid you not. Its far cheaper and better to keep our rights "usable" than to try to get them back once the government abrogates them.
“If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you’re misinformed“.---Mark Twain
User avatar
Heartland Patriot
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:15 pm
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: Heard a Rumor

Postby rp_photo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:30 am

What short and long-term firearm law changes resulted from the JFK asassination?
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"
rp_photo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:07 am

Re: Heard a Rumor

Postby Oldgringo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:08 am

Oldgringo wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:
RPB wrote:
MedicMan218 wrote:He can't just make stuff up and sign it in to law.

Yet.... But, he's working on it. Perhaps some day the dictatorship will rule if everyone allows rights to be infringed more and more.


Rarely do they ever "pry them from your cold, dead hands". They legislate them away one thing, or a small group of things, at a time. And if they cannot legislate them away, they find other, administrative methods (Executive Orders, BATFE "interpretations", ect.) to make it as difficult as possible to exercise your firearm-related rights. They do this with the intent of discouraging as many people as possible. IF they reduce the number of folks who care, they can later legislate those rights away, and very few will even blink an eye...look at what happened in the UK and Australia. We, as Americans with a rich (though short) heritage and proud tradition, MUST do better than that.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance"---President Thomas Jefferson.

Agreed! How many Texas CHL Forum members are NRA members? We, 2A RKBA believers, have no other more vocal or dedicated force fighting for our 2A rights.

{Flame away, oh ye of little faith.}


Any new NRA members?
User avatar
Oldgringo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8875
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Piney Woods of Texas and NW Montana

Re: Heard a Rumor

Postby RoyGBiv » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Oldgringo wrote:Any new NRA members?

I've only been a member for about a year. Finally decided it was worth the deluge in unwanted snail mail and email.
Took me 3-4 months to cut off all the spam. :mad5
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek
User avatar
RoyGBiv
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Heard a Rumor

Postby Oldgringo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:52 am

RoyGBiv wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Any new NRA members?

I've only been a member for about a year. Finally decided it was worth the deluge in unwanted snail mail and email.
Took me 3-4 months to cut off all the spam. :mad5


Good for you and good for us. The "unwanted snail mail and email" notwithstanding, no one fights harder for our 2A RKBA than does the NRA. It takes money to fight the forces of evil on both the home front and especially at the national level.

It seems to me that CHL and OC go hand in hand with NRA membership...as does hunting and any other gun related activity.
User avatar
Oldgringo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 8875
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Piney Woods of Texas and NW Montana

Re: Heard a Rumor

Postby Heartland Patriot » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Oldgringo wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:
RPB wrote:
MedicMan218 wrote:He can't just make stuff up and sign it in to law.

Yet.... But, he's working on it. Perhaps some day the dictatorship will rule if everyone allows rights to be infringed more and more.


Rarely do they ever "pry them from your cold, dead hands". They legislate them away one thing, or a small group of things, at a time. And if they cannot legislate them away, they find other, administrative methods (Executive Orders, BATFE "interpretations", ect.) to make it as difficult as possible to exercise your firearm-related rights. They do this with the intent of discouraging as many people as possible. IF they reduce the number of folks who care, they can later legislate those rights away, and very few will even blink an eye...look at what happened in the UK and Australia. We, as Americans with a rich (though short) heritage and proud tradition, MUST do better than that.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance"---President Thomas Jefferson.

Agreed! How many Texas CHL Forum members are NRA members? We, 2A RKBA believers, have no other more vocal or dedicated force fighting for our 2A rights.

{Flame away, oh ye of little faith.}


:iagree: All those court cases either stopping outrageous anti-firearms laws or restoring the rights to citizens, ain't cheap.
“If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you’re misinformed“.---Mark Twain
User avatar
Heartland Patriot
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:15 pm
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: Heard a Rumor

Postby bkj » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:38 pm

MedicMan218 wrote:He can't just make stuff up and sign it in to law.
It has to go through the proper steps of going through the house and senate or something or another.....at that point he can either sign it in to law or veto it.


Its call “REGULATION” Congress has given the power to regulate to government agencies and departments. The President through the Department of Interior regulates federal property.
"When seconds count the police are minutes away" Nikki Goeser

“Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority…They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.” Noah Webster
bkj
Senior Member
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: Houston

Next

Return to Federal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest