Heard a Rumor

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 1

Heard a Rumor

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

That after the Idiot shot at the White House, Obama signed an Executive Order Banning All Firearms from all Federal Property, even those that are specifically set up to allow hunting.

Only heard it once and haven't found ANYTHING to confirm it. Has anyone else found anything to confirm this thing? :shock: :waiting: :confused5
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Medic218

Re: Heard a Rumor

Post by Medic218 »

He can't just make stuff up and sign it in to law.
It has to go through the proper steps of going through the house and senate or something or another.....at that point he can either sign it in to law or veto it.
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- M218

nakedbike

Post by nakedbike »

MedicMan218 wrote:He can't just make stuff up and sign it in to law.
It has to go through the proper steps of going through the house and senate or something or another.....at that point he can either sign it in to law or veto it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJL2Uuv-oQ Schoolhouse Rock - How a Bill Becomes a Law. Oldie but goodie.
12/16/2011 Mailed packet
3/05/2012 In my hand.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

There are those pesky little executive orders, but I doubt this rumor is true.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Yet.... But, he's working on it. Perhaps some day the dictatorship will rule if everyone allows rights to be infringed more and more.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

RPB wrote:
Yet.... But, he's working on it. Perhaps some day the dictatorship will rule if everyone allows rights to be infringed more and more.
Rarely do they ever "pry them from your cold, dead hands". They legislate them away one thing, or a small group of things, at a time. And if they cannot legislate them away, they find other, administrative methods (Executive Orders, BATFE "interpretations", ect.) to make it as difficult as possible to exercise your firearm-related rights. They do this with the intent of discouraging as many people as possible. IF they reduce the number of folks who care, they can later legislate those rights away, and very few will even blink an eye...look at what happened in the UK and Australia. We, as Americans with a rich (though short) heritage and proud tradition, MUST do better than that.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance"---President Thomas Jefferson.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
RPB wrote:
Rarely do they ever "pry them from your cold, dead hands". They legislate them away one thing, or a small group of things, at a time. And if they cannot legislate them away, they find other, administrative methods (Executive Orders, BATFE "interpretations", ect.) to make it as difficult as possible to exercise your firearm-related rights. They do this with the intent of discouraging as many people as possible. IF they reduce the number of folks who care, they can later legislate those rights away, and very few will even blink an eye...look at what happened in the UK and Australia. We, as Americans with a rich (though short) heritage and proud tradition, MUST do better than that.

Agreed! How many Texas CHL Forum members are NRA members? We, 2A RKBA believers, have no other more vocal or dedicated force fighting for our 2A rights.

{Flame away, oh ye of little faith.}

Tamie

Post by Tamie »

Heartland Patriot wrote:Rarely do they ever "pry them from your cold, dead hands". They legislate them away one thing, or a small group of things, at a time. And if they cannot legislate them away, they find other, administrative methods (Executive Orders, BATFE "interpretations", ect.) to make it as difficult as possible to exercise your firearm-related rights.
Correct. How many fine upstanding citizens are willing to ignore the patently unconstitutional National Firearms Act?

Heartland Patriot

Tamie wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:Rarely do they ever "pry them from your cold, dead hands". They legislate them away one thing, or a small group of things, at a time. And if they cannot legislate them away, they find other, administrative methods (Executive Orders, BATFE "interpretations", ect.) to make it as difficult as possible to exercise your firearm-related rights.
Correct. How many fine upstanding citizens are willing to ignore the patently unconstitutional National Firearms Act?

Personally, I have a wife and kids who need me...I'm sorry to say that I am too chicken, to play chicken, with men and women who would perhaps gleefully put me behind bars for 10 years for a rifle or shotgun barrel that is a millimeter shorter than the required length or for a semi-automatic rifle that malfunctions and "doubles". If anyone thinks I'm exaggerating, please do your research...I assure you that I kid you not. Its far cheaper and better to keep our rights "usable" than to try to get them back once the government abrogates them.

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

What short and long-term firearm law changes resulted from the JFK asassination?
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Oldgringo wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:
RPB wrote:

Agreed! How many Texas CHL Forum members are NRA members? We, 2A RKBA believers, have no other more vocal or dedicated force fighting for our 2A rights.

Any new NRA members?

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Oldgringo wrote: Any new NRA members?
I've only been a member for about a year. Finally decided it was worth the deluge in unwanted snail mail and email.
Took me 3-4 months to cut off all the spam. :mad5
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

RoyGBiv wrote:
Oldgringo wrote: Any new NRA members?
I've only been a member for about a year. Finally decided it was worth the deluge in unwanted snail mail and email.
Took me 3-4 months to cut off all the spam. :mad5
Good for you and good for us. The "unwanted snail mail and email" notwithstanding, no one fights harder for our 2A RKBA than does the NRA. It takes money to fight the forces of evil on both the home front and especially at the national level.

It seems to me that CHL and OC go hand in hand with NRA membership...as does hunting and any other gun related activity.

Heartland Patriot

Oldgringo wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:
RPB wrote:

:iagree: All those court cases either stopping outrageous anti-firearms laws or restoring the rights to citizens, ain't cheap.

bkj

Post by bkj »

Its call “REGULATION” Congress has given the power to regulate to government agencies and departments. The President through the Department of Interior regulates federal property.
"When seconds count the police are minutes away" Nikki Goeser

“Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority…They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.” Noah Webster

Return to “Federal”