Sen. Moran Introduces Bill to Protect Second Amendment Right

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Glenn61
Posts in topic: 1

Sen. Moran Introduces Bill to Protect Second Amendment Right

Post by Glenn61 »

I found the below article from different sources and promptly sent my support for this piece of legislation to my senator. I hope everyone joins in and encourages their elected officials to do the same. Of course we all know this will go right down along party lines. Our current administration working hard to undermine all the sacrifices that were made to ensure our freedom and sovereignty. :mad5 Thanks to people like Senator Moran who love this country and the freedom it has to determine it own fate and not by a bunch of UN bureaucrats who could care less about our well-being.

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Jerry Moran (R-KS) introduced legislation this week to protect the rights of American gun owners from being undermined by a United Nations Arms Trade Treaty. The Second Amendment Sovereignty Act, S.2205, would prohibit the Obama Administration from using the “voice, vote, and influence” of the United States during Arms Trade Treaty negotiations to restrict in any way the Second Amendment rights of U.S. citizens, including regulation of civilian firearms and ammunition.

More here http://moran.senate.gov/public/index.cf ... 9366f741f2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Life Member
TX CHL - Apr 2012
USAF 1989-2011

The Annoyed Man

Re: Sen. Moran Introduces Bill to Protect Second Amendment R

Post by The Annoyed Man »

That's a baby step, but I'd like to see a bill which made the entire Bill of Rights specifically, and the Constitution generall out of reach of any U.N. shenanigans. Gun rights can easily be trampled, by enemies foreign or domestic, whenever gun speech (currently protected by the 1st Amendment) is also assaulted by those same enemies.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

AEA

Re: Sen. Moran Introduces Bill to Protect Second Amendment R

Post by AEA »

I'd like to see a Bill to evict the UN from US soil and move them to Africa.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Return to “Federal”