H.R. 1096 "Second Amendment Protection Act of 2007

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 4

H.R. 1096 "Second Amendment Protection Act of 2007

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I think he's (Ron Paul) been lurking in here...

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtex ... =h110-1096

Notice no co-sponsors though...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Venus Pax »

It's a shame there are no co-sponsors. Repealing the goofy laws would be an excellent step forward.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: H.R. 1096 "Second Amendment Protection Act of 2007

Post by KBCraig »

stevie_d_64 wrote:I think he's (Ron Paul) been lurking in here...
Just for those of you interested in Ron Paul's candidacy... Saturday night he was in New Hampshire, for the NH Liberty Forum. NH is famous for the "living room campaign", where even major candidates gather with a dozen or two supporters in someone's house. It's very intimate. Turnouts of 20 or less are common; I think that's what Hillary had on her last "living room" stop.

Anyhoo, Saturday night Ron Paul was feted at a supporter's house packed with 150 supporters, and raised many thousands of dollars for his campaign. :grin:

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

KBCraig wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:I think he's (Ron Paul) been lurking in here...
Just for those of you interested in Ron Paul's candidacy... Saturday night he was in New Hampshire, for the NH Liberty Forum. NH is famous for the "living room campaign", where even major candidates gather with a dozen or two supporters in someone's house. It's very intimate. Turnouts of 20 or less are common; I think that's what Hillary had on her last "living room" stop.

Anyhoo, Saturday night Ron Paul was feted at a supporter's house packed with 150 supporters, and raised many thousands of dollars for his campaign. :grin:
Thats amazing...I still wonder what drives him to do some of the things he does...And how he votes...

He does have a serious "R" challenger for his congressional seat this time...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

stevie_d_64 wrote:[Ron Paul] does have a serious "R" challenger for his congressional seat this time...
Who?

I'm in that district. I thought Dr. Paul was running for President of the U.S., not for re-election to Congress.

- Jim

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

In Texas, that is the one time you can run for two offices. If you are on the ballot for Pres or VP, you can still file for another office. Any other position says one office at a time. It was passed for LBJ to run for VP while still running for Senatorial re-election.
Steve Rothstein

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KBCraig »

kauboy

Post by kauboy »

The only problem I have with him is his stance on the war in Iraq. He stood up in Congress and blasted the President's decision just before they passed that stupid non-binding (a.k.a. affects nothing, but effectively wastes my tax money to accomplish nothing and enact no law which is the entire reason I sent you to office) resolution to "disagree with the Prez, but OH! WE SUPPORT THE TROOPS"

Give me a break!

On all other issues, he seems to be a great Rep candidate.
"People should not be afraid of their Governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

seamusTX wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:[Ron Paul] does have a serious "R" challenger for his congressional seat this time...
Who?

I'm in that district. I thought Dr. Paul was running for President of the U.S., not for re-election to Congress.

- Jim

Chris Peden
Friendswood City Counsel

Not sure if he's made it 'official", but he's making noises...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

BTW folks...

I have nothing personal against Ron Paul...But like "kauboy" illuded to, I believe he made a very big mistake on that non-binding resolution he voted for...

Back in 2002 I sat next to Ron at a gun rights conference here in Houston...I got a ton of time with him and we came up with some great ideas on that issue and more...

So sitting between him (Paul) and the Libertarian candidate for President (Badnarik) I felt like I was maybe at the wrong table for some reason...

Personally, I think he is a great defender of our 2nd Amendment rights...But I believe there is a wave of change developing in his district, and I believe his stab at the top job in D.C. is his last hurrah...

I'm sure he (in his mind) had a good reason for why he voted the way he did...And this is really nothing new...He has done a few of those ("???" he voted how???") days in the past...

I would say he is a bit too much of a loose cannon (with all due respect) to be doing that much more...

We'll just have to wait and see...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “Federal”