What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
AEA
Posts in topic: 1

A peek into Reid's Gun Control Bill in the Senate

Post by AEA »

Not good at all......typical Dem bait and switch. :banghead:

http://209.157.64.201/focus/f-news/3000672/posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

anygunanywhere

Re: A peek into Reid's Gun Control Bill in the Senate

Post by anygunanywhere »

Actually there are reports that Cruz, Paul, and Lee are planning to filibuster any new gun control legislation.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

anygunanywhere wrote:Actually there are reports that Cruz, Paul, and Lee are planning to filibuster any new gun control legislation.

Anygunanywhere
They should spend their filibuster time reading true stories and first-hand accounts of armed self defense, without the use of drones, of course. That could fill weeks.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03 ... d-vows-to/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"We, the undersigned, intend to oppose any legislation that infringe on the American people's constitutional right to bear arms, or on their ability to exercise this right without being subjected to government surveillance,"

"The Second Amendment to the Constitution protects citizens' right to self-defense. It speaks to history's lesson that government cannot be in all places at all times, and history's warning about the oppression of a government that tries," they wrote, concluding, "We will oppose the motion to proceed to any legislation that will serve as a vehicle for any additional gun restrictions."
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Grillmark55

Post by Grillmark55 »

I heard that the latest version of background checks being proposed will ALSO include registration of ALL guns owned, and that PROOF OF OWNERSHIP must be included. So if you inherited your grandfathers shotgun, you will need to have the ORIGINAL receipt or the Gubmint gets the shotgun. I also heard something about if you DON'T list a gun, and it is found in your possession, your home will be subject to search AND confiscation of ALL firearms (it was either that or as part of the background check you automatically agreed to a search at any time to verify the guns in your possession). Either way, not sure that I am really happy about so many Constitutional Amendments being stripped at one time (providing that what I just laid out is, in fact, true).
The Communists in the Government are getting sneakier and sneakier in what they are doing to take away OUR RIGHTS.
A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

anygunanywhere wrote:Actually there are reports that Cruz, Paul, and Lee are planning to filibuster any new gun control legislation.

Anygunanywhere
"Gang of four" now is 5
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=64651" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

add James Inhofe today, Rubio yesterday

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03 ... trol-bill/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Published March 29, 2013
Sens. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., and James Inhofe, R-Okla., joined three other Republican senators threatening to filibuster any new restrictions on guns Thursday.

The two senators added their signatures to a letter previously signed by Sens. Rand Paul, R-Ky., Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Ted Cruz, R-Texas, vowing to protect the Second Amendment.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Grillmark55 wrote:I heard that the latest version of background checks being proposed will ALSO include registration of ALL guns owned, and that PROOF OF OWNERSHIP must be included. So if you inherited your grandfathers shotgun, you will need to have the ORIGINAL receipt or the Gubmint gets the shotgun. I also heard something about if you DON'T list a gun, and it is found in your possession, your home will be subject to search AND confiscation of ALL firearms (it was either that or as part of the background check you automatically agreed to a search at any time to verify the guns in your possession). Either way, not sure that I am really happy about so many Constitutional Amendments being stripped at one time (providing that what I just laid out is, in fact, true).
The Communists in the Government are getting sneakier and sneakier in what they are doing to take away OUR RIGHTS.

Heard where? On the internet?
Byron Dickens

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

bdickens wrote:
Grillmark55 wrote:I heard that the latest version of background checks being proposed will ALSO include registration of ALL guns owned, and that PROOF OF OWNERSHIP must be included. So if you inherited your grandfathers shotgun, you will need to have the ORIGINAL receipt or the Gubmint gets the shotgun. I also heard something about if you DON'T list a gun, and it is found in your possession, your home will be subject to search AND confiscation of ALL firearms (it was either that or as part of the background check you automatically agreed to a search at any time to verify the guns in your possession). Either way, not sure that I am really happy about so many Constitutional Amendments being stripped at one time (providing that what I just laid out is, in fact, true).

Heard where? On the internet?
Well sure, 'cause you know, if it's on the internet it has to be true, that's a law! :rules: :lol:

BTW, what the heck is that link in the OP? :headscratch

Return to “Federal”