How Supreme Court Justice J P Stevens would change the 2A

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How Supreme Court Justice J P Stevens would change the 2

Post by Excaliber »

n5wd wrote:John Paul Stevens, a now retired Supreme Court justice with a decideably left-wing tilt has an idea of how the 2nd Amendment should be fixed: add just 5 words to the Amendment to the Constitution.

Here's a link to the article profiling his idea: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... ml?hpid=z2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The job of a justice is to uphold the constitution and interpret laws in conformity to it, not to alter it.

A founding father he clearly isn't.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: How Supreme Court Justice J P Stevens would change the 2

Post by puma guy »

Excaliber wrote:
n5wd wrote:John Paul Stevens, a now retired Supreme Court justice with a decideably left-wing tilt has an idea of how the 2nd Amendment should be fixed: add just 5 words to the Amendment to the Constitution.

Here's a link to the article profiling his idea: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... ml?hpid=z2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The job of a justice is to uphold the constitution and interpret laws in conformity to it, not to alter it.

A founding father he clearly isn't.
And as soon as he has a run in with a BG and no gun to defend himself he'd want to add 4 more words " and ex-Supreme Court Justices"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Federal”