Operation Choke Point

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Operation Choke Point

Post by mojo84 »

Something must be done to counter these Chicago style bully political tactics.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/31/gun-s ... -make-up/?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06 ... t-program/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Operation Choke Point

Post by RoyGBiv »

Koch brothers should set up a Credit Union for gun businesses and gun owners.
NRA, TSRA, etc. membership, CHL, heck, your photo holding a gun, qualifies you for membership.

"2A Bank"
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Sounds like a good idea.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Post by srothstein »

While I agree that Choke Point is a problem, we really need to be careful about this. So far, we have no evidence that the banks are denying credit because of Choke Point. In the case cited in Massachusetts, the bank denied a credit line for the business. The man says the bank told him his credit was good but they did not give a reason for denying the credit and the store owner jumped to this conclusion when he heard about Choke Point. The bank has still not stated why he was denied the loan, just saying the decision was a local decision.

I support the amendment in Congress cutting off funding for Choke point and believe it should never have been started. I just want to be very careful about blaming banks for business decisions that may be made with no evidence of what caused the decision.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I do like the idea of a bank that was started by and for gun owners. Anyone know what it takes to start a credit union? After all, a credit union or a savings & loan is just a group of people with a similar interest getting together to leverage their buying power. It is a non-profit, so I can see why Koch might not be interested, but it sounds like a good idea.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Steve, Actually, he said they said it was because he sells guns. Now, you are correct, I have not seen any evidence that is the reason.

Based on the second article, it appears gun sellers were include in the choke point scheme. Therefore, I take the guy at his word until I see it refuted by the bank or see some evidence indicating otherwise.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Thanks for the correction Mojo84. I missed that part. It still leaves me wondering but does help support the claim about choke point at least a little.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

srothstein wrote:Thanks for the correction Mojo84. I missed that part. It still leaves me wondering but does help support the claim about choke point at least a little.

If you are anything like me, I am actually having some trouble processing and coming to terms that our own United States of America government is actually doing some of the things it is.

Dori
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dori »

mojo84 wrote:If you are anything like me, I am actually having some trouble processing and coming to terms that our own United States of America government is actually doing some of the things it is.
I was at that point ten years ago.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I thought I came to terms with it several years ago, but they seemed to take it as a challenge because they continue to surprise me on a regular basis. Now I worry about where it will stop instead.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

srothstein wrote:I thought I came to terms with it several years ago, but they seemed to take it as a challenge because they continue to surprise me on a regular basis. Now I worry about where it will stop instead.
Yes sir. That's me.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

mojo84 wrote:
srothstein wrote:I thought I came to terms with it several years ago, but they seemed to take it as a challenge because they continue to surprise me on a regular basis. Now I worry about where it will stop instead.
Yes sir. That's me.
+1

I find with every recent scandal (most recently the Bergdahl swap) that I've completely run out of outrage. I'm just numb and looking for an exit plan.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sjfcontrol »

FDIC backpedals on operation choke-point

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/artic ... -back.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Return to “Federal”