Obama Administration Bans Import of Izhmash & Kala

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Obama Administration Bans Import of Izhmash & Kala

Post by The Annoyed Man »

BREAKING: Obama Administration Bans Import of Izhmash & Kalashnikov (Saiga) Firearms
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/0 ... -firearms/
Earlier today, the Department of Commerce announced new sanctions against Russian products and companies operating in the United States. Previous sanctions only tangentially impacted the import of cheap and reliable firearms from Russia into the United States, but now the Obama administration is specifically targeting the makers of Saiga rifles and shotguns, as well as other companies. From the Executive Order. . .

The following entities have been added to OFAC’s SDN List:
[...]

KALASHNIKOV CONCERN (a.k.a. CONCERN KALASHNIKOV; a.k.a. IZHEVSKIY MASHINOSTROITEL’NYI ZAVOD OAO; f.k.a. IZHMASH R&D CENTER; f.k.a. JSC NPO IZHMASH; f.k.a. NPO IZHMASH OAO; a.k.a. OJSC CONCERN KALASHNIKOV; f.k.a. OJSC IZHMASH; f.k.a. SCIENTIFIC PRODUCTION ASSOCIATION IZHMASH JOINT STOCK COMPANY), 3, Derjabin Pr., Izhevsk, Udmurt Republic 426006, Russia; Registration ID 1111832003018 [UKRAINE2].
The Executive Order can be viewed here: http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center ... 40716.aspx

Anybody want to take any bets on whether or not the administration would ever lift the ban on Kalashnikov/Izmash even if they rescind the ban on everything else?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Obama Administration Bans Import of Izhmash & Kala

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Under current law he can do that.

Will he repeal it? No way.
But in two years he's B. Obama, citizen.

Personally I don't buy firearms from countries that are not our allies or have been our enemies. OK, in actuality I don't buy firearms that aren't made in the USA at all. Your mileage may vary. :patriot:

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Anticipating something like this long ago, I bought all I wanted. Love my Saigas.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:Under current law he can do that.

Will he repeal it? No way.
But in two years he's B. Obama, citizen.

Personally I don't buy firearms from countries that are not our allies or have been our enemies. OK, in actuality I don't buy firearms that aren't made in the USA at all. Your mileage may vary. :patriot:
Well, Russia has also been our ally, TWICE. They carried the load in WW2, and we fought alongside them, in Russia, in 1917/1918, against the Bolshies. Japan used to be our enemy, as well as Germany and Italy. So, that would eliminate Berettas, Benellis, Ithicas (at least in the old days), Sigs, Walthers, Umarex, H&K, Norinco (China), Uberti, Chiappa, Pedersoli, Franchi, and Perazzi, among others, so you're eliminating a lot of very fine shotguns from your personal "arsenal," at the very least.

And let's not forget, we've also fought against Spain and Britain. And btw, Japan also manufactures components for Mossberg, Smith and Wesson, and Weatherby.
Last edited by VMI77 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Post by philip964 »

but what if they were under 17 years old and just showed up at the Southern border and just turned themselves in?

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

philip964 wrote:but what if they were under 17 years old and just showed up at the Southern border and just turned themselves in?
Then the BP will give them an EBT card so they'll have something to eat, and find them a nice home.

Dori
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dori »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Anybody want to take any bets on whether or not the administration would ever lift the ban on Kalashnikov/Izmash even if they rescind the ban on everything else?
It sounds about as likely as Dubya repealing his father's gun import ban.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Dori wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Anybody want to take any bets on whether or not the administration would ever lift the ban on Kalashnikov/Izmash even if they rescind the ban on everything else?
The problem is it doesn't really matter who gets elected next, he's not going to reverse that gun ban specifically. It will only get reversed if it is part and parcel of a larger reversal of sanctions.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Well, Russia has also been our ally, TWICE.
Once. Russia didn't fight against the Bosheviks. They were the Bolsheviks as well.
Later they were our enemies.

Japan used to be our enemy, as well as Germany and Italy. So, that would eliminate Berettas, Benellis, Ithicas (at least in the old days), Sigs, Walthers, Umarex, H&K, Norinco (China), Uberti, Chiappa, Pedersoli, Franchi, and Perazzi, among others, so you're eliminating a lot of very fine shotguns from your personal "arsenal," at the very least.
Meh. Irrelevant to me. As I said, your mileage may vary.
Beretta, Glock, Sig have plants here. My Beretta was made here.
And let's not forget, we've also fought against Spain and Britain. And btw, Japan also manufactures components for Mossberg, Smith and Wesson, and Weatherby.
Britain has been an ally for quite some time. Spain sent support for the US in its recent wars. But then again, does Spain make firearms any more?

As I said, your mileage may vary and I have no problems with other people's preferences in this area, but these are my own.

b322da

Post by b322da »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Dori wrote:
The problem is it doesn't really matter who gets elected next, he's not going to reverse that gun ban specifically. It will only get reversed if it is part and parcel of a larger reversal of sanctions.
Haven't heard from you in a long time, TAM. I was getting worried.

BTW, are we confident that it will be a "he?" You are one of the very few here who I can count on to take intended humor as it was intended, which I appreciate no end. :)

Jim

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

b322da wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Dori wrote:

BTW, are we confident that it will be a "he?" You are one of the very few here who I can count on to take intended humor as it was intended, which I appreciate no end. :)

Jim
Jim, I was deliberately trying to be sexist.... although in the case of Hillary, I'm not sure that differentiation is that easy. :biggrinjester:

#TINVOWOOT

b322da

Post by b322da »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
b322da wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Dori wrote:

Jim
Jim, I was deliberately trying to be sexist.... although in the case of Hillary, I'm not sure that differentiation is that easy. :biggrinjester:
How about Liz Warren, TAM? :evil2:

Jim

Return to “Federal”