Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

ARs “Fall Outside Second Amendment”, Says US District Judge

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ARs “Fall Outside Second Amendment”, Says US District Judge
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... ict-judge/
I didn't see where this was posted before, and I searched on the title, but feel free to lock if its a duplicate.....
United States District Judge Catherine C. Blake has made a ruling in the Marlyand assault weapons ban lawsuit, Outdoor Wire reports:
“Upon review of all the parties’ evidence, the court seriously doubts that the banned assault long guns are commonly possessed for lawful purposes, particularly self-defense in the home, which is at the core of the Second Amendment right, and is inclined to find the weapons fall outside Second Amendment protection as dangerous and unusual. First, the court is not persuaded that assault weapons are commonly possessed based on the absolute number of those weapons owned by the public. Even accepting that there are 8.2 million assault weapons in the civilian gun stock, as the plaintiffs claim, assault weapons represent no more than 3% of the current civilian gun stock, and ownership of those weapons is highly concentrated in less than 1% of the U.S. population. The court is also not persuaded by the plaintiffs’ claims that assault weapons are used infrequently in mass shootings and murders of law enforcement officers. The available statistics indicate that assault weapons are used disproportionately to their ownership in the general public and, furthermore, cause more injuries and more fatalities when they are used..............
What disturbs me is that this is FEDERAL court, and it is near DC. I can see the White House and attack dog Holder using this opinion to seek further limitations at the federal level. It's JUST her opinion, and she acknowledges Heller, but those words are in her opinion, and that makes it part of the record.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Beiruty

Re: ARs “Fall Outside Second Amendment”, Says US District Ju

Post by Beiruty »

It would be appealed. Supreme court stated that ARs "are common in use".
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Dumber than dirt liberal leftist. It would be such a better place if they all just vanished along with all the jihadists.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Unless I'm mistaken the federal courts long ago upheld the rules against sawed off shotguns because they they weren't a military weapon. AR's are; can't have it both ways.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

III

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

puma guy wrote:Unless I'm mistaken the federal courts long ago upheld the rules against sawed off shotguns because they they weren't a military weapon. AR's are; can't have it both ways.
That is true and they were lied to by the prosecution and the defense didn't bother to show up since their client had died, IIRC.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

C-dub wrote:
puma guy wrote:Unless I'm mistaken the federal courts long ago upheld the rules against sawed off shotguns because they they weren't a military weapon. AR's are; can't have it both ways.
That is true and they were lied to by the prosecution and the defense didn't bother to show up since their client had died, IIRC.
Yep. If Miller had lived the outcome might have been different.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Federal”