Eric Holder Gone

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jamminbutter
Posts in topic: 1

Eric Holder Gone

Post by jamminbutter »

Will this be a turning point from all of the opposition to state's rights and malicious prosecutions? I would hope but not holding my breath.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/09 ... cial-says/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vol Texan

Re: Eric Holder Gone

Post by Vol Texan »

I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too high - after all, the devil we know is better than the devil we don't.

But I cannot stop singing this song in my mind:

[youtube][/youtube]
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Understand that Holder is a product of the Obama administration. He was chosen specifically because he matches Obama's worldview. He had attracted so much heat, for so long, that he became a political liability that even democrats outside of the administration are finding increasingly more difficult to support. Added to that his previously stated intentions not to stay in the job through the 2nd Obama term, and this is not at all a surprise. That said, he will likely still remain in office for at least another couple of months or longer until the administration nails down its choice and the process is completed. It is more likely than not that his replacement will be as ideological, and in the same way.

Quoting the article:
The sources say a leading candidate for that job is Solicitor General Don Verrilli, the administration's top representative to the Supreme Court and a lawyer whose judgment and discretion are prized in both DOJ and the White House.
Verrilli, as the administration's top legal representative to SCOTUS, would have likely been involved in the administration's (successful) obamacare litigation before the court as well as other cases. Digging deeper though, we find that, while previous administrations have historically had a 70% batting average before the Court, the Obama administration is batting 30% (SOURCE)..........because they are even too weird even for a SCOTUS made up of justices of whom 4 of the 9 would be right at home living in Cuba. So, while this guy is likely to be as hard-leftist as Holder, he is also as likely to be so far left that he'll continue to fail the majority of the time before SCOTUS.

What actually scares me is that he might realize this and tone down his rhetoric to sound more "reasonable", while slipping a shiv between our ribs as he lulls us to sleep.

BTW, Holder is STILL in contempt of Congress. I'm guessing that none of us could pull that off for as long as he has, without winding up in the hoosegow sooner or later.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I really doubt he is leaving due to pressure. Obama has 2 years left. I was thinking that it is common for the Presidnet's people to start moving out to other jobs before the final 2 years.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

He is leaving because the Fast and Furious documents are to be released very soon by court order. That would indicate that letting guns walk south the border was under the full supervision and knowledge of AG of USA. In a sense arming gangs across the border is illegal so how was that possible?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Think about the timing. They're hoping to get his replacement approved during the lame duck session, just in case the Republicans take the Senate (which I doubt they will.)
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Beiruty wrote:He is leaving because the Fast and Furious documents are to be released very soon by court order. That would indicate that letting guns walk south the border was under the full supervision and knowledge of AG of USA. In a sense arming gangs across the border is illegal so how was that possible?
Not exactly correct.

The court has ordered production of a "list" of documents held under executive privilege. The court has not ordered that the content of those documents be released.

Don't get your hopes up for seeing the content of those documents any time soon. The list MAY be revealing, maybe not.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room ... ctober-22/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

I think he's leaving because they've worked out some deal with Ruth Ginsberg to retire and BO will nominate Holder to the SCOTUS and try to get him confirmed before BO is out.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

C-dub wrote:I think he's leaving because they've worked out some deal with Ruth Ginsberg to retire and BO will nominate Holder to the SCOTUS and try to get him confirmed before BO is out.
May be, but I don't think Holder is confirmable.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Can BO appoint a new AG when Congress is in recess? :shock:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

gljjt wrote:
C-dub wrote:I think he's leaving because they've worked out some deal with Ruth Ginsberg to retire and BO will nominate Holder to the SCOTUS and try to get him confirmed before BO is out.
May be, but I don't think Holder is confirmable.
Holder is confirmable to the US court of Appeals as long as the (D) holds the Senate because the rules change means it can get done with 51 votes.

However, a SCOTUS appointment still requires cloture.

I heard a better theory, though. I received a phone call from a trusted source that he is teaming up with New York City Democrat Anthony Wiener to run for president in 2016.

Wiener-Holder 2016 . :lol: :smilelol5: :cheers2:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

My stomach got upset reading this.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Too many Dems soured on EH. Don't think he could be confirmed to pooper scooper. What's in it for BO? He doesn't do anything unless there's something in it for him.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

RoyGBiv wrote:
Beiruty wrote:He is leaving because the Fast and Furious documents are to be released very soon by court order. That would indicate that letting guns walk south the border was under the full supervision and knowledge of AG of USA. In a sense arming gangs across the border is illegal so how was that possible?
Not exactly correct.

The court has ordered production of a "list" of documents held under executive privilege. The court has not ordered that the content of those documents be released.

Don't get your hopes up for seeing the content of those documents any time soon. The list MAY be revealing, maybe not.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room ... ctober-22/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beiruty may be on to something here. Just because we won't get to see them doesn't mean Congress won't and it doesn't mean that EH's role won't be uncovered. Aa soon as he's out, anyone think he'll start pulling a Lois Lerner? I do!

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

I don't know so I'll ask, is it easier to give an executive pardon to someone while holding office or after they leave? I am optimistic and feel that the bovine stuffing is about to impact a rapidly rotating cooling device and BO wants to give EH a poncho.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Return to “Federal”