Anti-Gunners to Match NRA Lobby Spending

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Anti-Gunners to Match NRA Lobby Spending

Post by Keith B »

Gun control groups say this is the year they finally go toe-to-toe with the National Rifle Association and match their foe's imposing campaign spending for congressional candidates.

http://hosted2.ap.org/ARLID/1e38c7a90bb ... 714481154d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

cb1000rider

Re: Anti-Gunners to Match NRA Lobby Spending

Post by cb1000rider »

"...Few doubt that organizations led by billionaire Michael Bloomberg and the wounded former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., will unleash huge sums in the campaigns' closing weeks to back candidates favoring firearms curbs. They're off to modest starts — unlike the NRA."

If I was a candidate influenced by campaign dollars, I'd be interested in being backed by the groups that not only have money today, but will have consistent records of funding their interests... Just sayin'...

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

We vote.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:We vote.
That's right and that's what makes the difference. We're always out spent, but we still win.

Chas.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

There has been no doubt that these mega-billionaires can create astroturf "front" organizations and outspend anyone on the right. But they are astroturf not grassroots because they don't have actual, real voting members.

Why oh why oh why can't the Walton's and the Koch's embrace liberty and gun rights with the same obsessive furor and spending as the leftist billionaires?
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

As Charles has mentioned, we usually are outspent, but still win. However, this year I think spending massive amounts of money on anti-gun stuff will be a lot like spitting into the wind due to other factors. There is far less anti gun support due to recent terrorist activities and crimes by people legally and illegally in the country and the porous border. Doomberg and his cronies will still try, but will do so with less support than they are accustomed to.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Federal”