Facebook to turn over names of people to the feds.

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Facebook to turn over names of people to the feds.

Post by mojo84 »

http://empirenews.net/facebook-submits- ... -security/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the source is reliable, Facebook has agreed to turn over the names of people that have posted pictures of themselves with guns. Another reason to not trust Facebook or the government. This smacks of the feds circumventing the gun registry prohibition. The administration and anti gun nuts will stop at nothing.

Facebook Submits Names Of Users Posing In Pictures With Guns To Homeland Security
Posted on November 30, 2014 by Abe Abrams in Business, Government, Politics
MENLO PARK, California - facebook reporting guns to homeland security

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg confirmed rumors this morning that the company would be handing over names and photos of site users who have posted pictures of themselves with guns to the government. Democrat leaders applauded Facebook’s move, stating that it is important to know who has guns in America, especially since many of the weapons that they’d seen could very well be unregistered.

Despite the excitement from the radical left, many Facebook users, regardless of political stance, were naturally outraged that their ‘private’ photos would be handed over to the Department of Homeland Security.
Last edited by mojo84 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

anygunanywhere

Re: Facebook to turn over names of people to the feds.

Post by anygunanywhere »

mojo84 wrote:http://empirenews.net/facebook-submits- ... -security/

If the source is reliable, Facebook has agreed to turn over the names of people that have posted pictures of themselves with guns. Another reason to not trust Facebook or the government. This smacks of the feds circumventing the gun registry prohibition. The administration and anti gun nuts will stop at nothing.
Not on Facebook.

Why is this collaboration between FB and fed.gov a surprise to anyone?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Satire.

Although, you know the feds are already doing this. They don't need Facebooks permission to scan and categorize data that is published to the internet voluntarily.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by n5wd »

Doh!

"rlol"
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

SRO1911 wrote:You do realize empire news is satire.
Home » About / Disclaimer
About / Disclaimer

Empire News is a satirical and entertainment website. We only use invented names in all our stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental.
How do you know it is a satire site? It might be an NSA site trying to look like satire feeding us info.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

What's not satire: Zuckerberg is a treasonous oligarch.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

:oops: Didn't realize it was a satire site. Never heard of the site before. That's why I included the first five words in my original post.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

If this is legitimate, some reliable news outlet like FoxNews.com will report it.

Chas.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

VMI77 wrote:What's not satire: Zuckerberg is a treasonous oligarch.
Correction: Zuckerberg is a humorless treasonous oligarch........just on principle of nothing else. :biggrinjester:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Facebook was created out of collegiate male and female horniness. If I would have thought of it first, I'd be Zuck, unapologetically.
I still wouldn't publish personal information on FB, though. :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

RoyGBiv wrote:
Facebook was created out of collegiate male and female horniness. If I would have thought of it first, I'd be Zuck, unapologetically.
I still wouldn't publish personal information on FB, though. :lol:
He didn't think of it. He stole the idea from two other guys, just like Bill Gates stole DOS.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I,for one, have gotten tired of seeing these "satire" websites. At best, they are annoying, and at worst, they seem like an attempt to discredit all internet-based news sources that don't have print or broadcast counterparts. And if you think that isn't possible, just go and look around, and see how much money the dinosaur media is losing each year, and how many folks get their news from the internet now. This is especially true regarding firearms-related items if you want information not filtered by the "journalists" at places like CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, Reuters, AP, etc.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Looking at that article, I doubt it was very hard to write. It is full of the typical comments on guns. Very believable as liberal media writers have said worse. Though anyone who has heard Ted Cruz speak would not quite believe he actually said that quote. The part of about "registration" is a common liberal misconception also.

Return to “Federal”