Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Meet the new AG, same as the old AG....

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... n-lovelace
Loretta Lynch's Secret Docket
It should go without saying that the U.S. attorney general, as our nation’s chief law-enforcement officer, is expected to wield the Justice Department’s full powers to fight for those victimized by crime. It should also go without saying that federal prosecutors routinely make deals with criminals to secure convictions for other, larger crimes, or to save themselves time and the taxpayers’ money — and that those criminals’ victims sometimes come out the losers in such deals. Yet new evidence suggests that Loretta Lynch, President Obama’s pick to take DOJ’s reins from Eric Holder, may have gone beyond the accepted norms of prosecutorial conduct in her time in charge of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York. Lynch’s office appears to have let self-professed criminals walk free in exchange for their cooperation with her office, watched impassively as they committed further crimes, and intentionally kept the victims of those crimes in the dark — denying them their chance to seek tens or hundreds of millions of dollars in restitution in direct contravention of federal law.
In this case, it's not just that Lynch "pulled a Holder" and let criminals walk, it's that she deliberately denied the victims of those criminals the opportunity to seek the restitution to which the law says they are entitled.

Truly, the democrat party's mantra is "you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet."
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Meet the new AG, same as the old AG....

Post by puma guy »

TAM, you need to understand she'll fit right like glove with this bunch. I assure you she'll be approved.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

puma guy wrote:TAM, you need to understand she'll fit right like glove with this bunch. I assure you she'll be approved.
.....and by a republican senate, no less.....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
puma guy wrote:TAM, you need to understand she'll fit right like glove with this bunch. I assure you she'll be approved.
.....and by a republican senate, no less.....
Bingo! Give the man his prize!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

I see two problems :

On the Cloture Motion PN4: Loretta E. Lynch, of New York, to be Attorney General

Cloture Motion Agreed to 66/34

Sen. Cornyn [R-TX]: Yea

Sen. Cruz [R-TX]: Nay

On the Nomination PN4: Loretta E. Lynch, of New York, to be Attorney General

Nomination Confirmed 56/43

Sen. Cornyn [R-TX]: Nay

Sen. Cruz [R-TX]: Not Voting
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jumping Frog »

Elections have consequences.

There are people who believe if the President is duly elected, the POTUS has the right to either suceed or fail trying implement his agenda. That means he has the right to execute his agenda with cabinet members of his choice.

I do not fully subscribe to that notion, but I understand there is a certain degree of reasonableness to it.

This worthless and dangerous AG is a consequence of the American people making a choice in 2012.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

It is a reasonable expectation if each branch lives up to the oath and traditions of its office.
When a candidate openly admits that politics will trump the Constitution, the Senate has a duty to the people to deny that candidate and force the President to product a candidate who will respect the law and enforce it.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Jumping Frog wrote:Elections have consequences.

There are people who believe if the President is duly elected, the POTUS has the right to either suceed or fail trying implement his agenda. That means he has the right to execute his agenda with cabinet members of his choice.

I do not fully subscribe to that notion, but I understand there is a certain degree of reasonableness to it.

This worthless and dangerous AG is a consequence of the American people making a bad 2008 choice worse in 2012.
Fixed it for you.

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Federal”