BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

Post by mojo84 »

Oldgringo wrote:I thought the lily livered congress was the outfit that passed laws?
Not in a dictatorship. The Obama regime has full power, control and authority. We are just subjects.

Aren't we fortunate for all the hope and change.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

The Administration has been bold enough to assume power that it does not have. The enablers of both parties in the Legislative branch are simply willing accomplices in the mad dash to consolidate their positions in the totalitarian power structure being built. I guess when your "ethics" are defined by dollar signs and power over others you can look yourself in the mirror after behaving the way they do. The pity is that our fellow citizens seem to keep handing the power of office to these sorts who ensure their success by ensuring new generations of low-information voters. The Republic is in sore need of help it we value Liberty at all.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Well, although I agree the BATF can stick it where the sun doesn't shine, the M855 has significant capabilities: it will penetrate 1/4" steel plate at 200 yards. You could make a pretty good impression in the legislature by holding up a scary-looking piece of steel plate full of holes and scaring the snot out of everybody in the room.

Penetrating protective vests is a totally different topic, really. As has been said, virtually any normal rifle ammo will do that. Apples and oranges.

In any case, as government powermongers are prone to say, "a decision has been made here." Yes, they're allowing a period for public comment, but that's because they're required to. It's the law. So while you're writing all those serious essays, they are, figuratively speaking, drumming their fingers on the table and examining the ceiling. Trust me.
-Ruark

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 10

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Oldgringo wrote:I thought the lily livered congress was the outfit that passed laws?
The democrats have assured that they will help current republican leader to remain in office:
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/23476 ... up-attempt
Dems vow to protect Boehner from conservative coup
Tea Party Republicans contemplating a bid to oust Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) shouldn't count on Democrats to help them unseat the Speaker.

And without their support, there is no chance to topple Boehner in this Congress.

A number of right-wing Republicans, long wary of Boehner's commitment to GOP efforts attacking President Obama's policy priorities, have openly considered a coup in an attempt to transfer the gavel into more conservative hands.

But Democrats from across an ideological spectrum say they'd rather see Boehner remain atop the House than replace him with a more conservative Speaker who would almost certainly be less willing to reach across the aisle in search of compromise. Replacing him with a Tea Party Speaker, they say, would only bring the legislative process — already limping along — to a screeching halt.
We have a republican speaker who is being protected from his party roots by democrats. We have a republican majority in the Senate, and still can't get enough votes to overcome a presidential veto. How do you like that? With a democrat president, and significant minorities in both houses of Congress, the democrats are still large and in charge, and republican leadership can't bring it home.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MeMelYup »

Doesn't that remind you of the Texas House?

C-dub
Posts in topic: 12

Post by C-dub »

Don't they ever listen to themselves?
“In terms of the institution, I would rather have John Boehner as the Speaker than some of these characters who came here thinking that they're going to change the world,” Pascrell added.
Isn't this the same reason their president went there? I looks like the only way to Boehner out will be for him to lose in Ohio.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TexasVet

Post by TexasVet »

I have not read through all of the official stuff.. but what would keep the manufacturers from changing something in the load (like make it 63gr or 61gr) and circumvent a ban like this ?
Also does this outlaw the production of the bullet or the full cartridge ? Could you still buy the 62gr steel tip and load your own ?
Just questions ..

The Annoyed Man

I just ordered this book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EN ... UTF8&psc=1.

I bought it because I read this article, which I HIGHLY recommend: http://xtribune.com/2015/01/kill-11-mil ... ve-chills/.
I do love to read about history and past governments and was given this book by a friend. The title piqued my curiosity. Who would write a book like this? “How Do You Kill 11 Million People?” by Andy Andrews. It’s very short and took me all of 25 minutes to read. However, I’ve never been so frightened by a book in my life. I sat in my big, comfy chair with chills racing down my spine and my jaw hanging open. The answer is all too simple and frighteningly, all too familiar.

I’m not going to quote the whole book here, you’ll have to buy your own to read the whole thing, but the points that struck me the most were as follows:
{——SNIP——}

The most dangerous thing any nation faces is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them….

Have you ever wondered why American doesn’t have a balanced budget? Have you ever in your life heard of a politician who wasn’t for a balanced budget?

Have you ever heard a politician speak in favor of a complicated tax code that ordinary citizens would find difficult to understand? Then why do we have a complicated tax code that ordinary citizens find hard to understand?

By the way, have you ever noticed that if any of us (citizens) lies to them (politicians), it is a felony? But if any one of them lies to us, it is considered politics…

Can 311 million Americans ever hope to wrestle the power away from 545?…”
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03 ... g-mistake/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now they are claiming it was a publishing mistake that the M855 round was left off the exemption list.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man

C-dub wrote:http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03 ... g-mistake/

Now they are claiming it was a publishing mistake that the M855 round was left off the exemption list.
I posted this on the previous page, 2 days ago. :mrgreen:

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
C-dub wrote:http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03 ... g-mistake/

I posted this on the previous page, 2 days ago. :mrgreen:
I wasn't sure if it was the same error. :oops:

jmra
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jmra »

Just had a breaking news flash on my phone that the ATF has decided not to ban the type of ammo in question.
ETA http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepav ... n-n1968508
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

jmra wrote:Just had a breaking news flash on my phone that the ATF has decided not to ban the type of ammo in question.
Thanks!
Non-mobile link for those of us on computers: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavli ... n-n1968508

From the article:
After an unprecedented response, the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms has temporarily pulled its proposal to ban common AR-15 M885 "green tip" ammunition.

"Although ATF endeavored to create a proposal that reflected a good faith interpretation of the law and balanced the interests of law enforcement, industry, and sportsmen, the vast majority of the comments received to date are critical of the framework, and include issues that deserve further study," an ATF press release states. "Accordingly, ATF will not at this time seek to issue a final framework. After the close of the comment period, ATF will process the comments received, further evaluate the issues raised therein, and provide additional open and transparent process (for example, through additional proposals and opportunities for comment) before proceeding with any framework."

Members on both sides of the aisle in Congress have also been highly critical of the proposal, along with the National Rifle Association and the National Shooting Sports Foundation.
This is good news, but I'm not sure it's over yet, given the words in red above.
Last edited by Vol Texan on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

The Annoyed Man

jmra wrote:Just had a breaking news flash on my phone that the ATF has decided not to ban the type of ammo in question.
Evidently, they got the message: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/52-se ... le/2561295
A majority in both the Senate and House — 52 senators, 238 House members — have joined to oppose the Obama administration's move to ban a popular type of ammo used in the top-selling AR-15 rifle and pistol because it pierces police body armor.

A week after the House members, led by Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Bob Goodlatte, sent a letter of opposition to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Sen. Chuck Grassley echoed that in his own letter signed by 51 others.

#TINVOWOOT

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

They called off the ban..for now...
http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/atf-cri ... le/2561312" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Return to “Federal”