Federal HR1217 - bipartisan bill for background checks

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Federal HR1217 - bipartisan bill for background checks

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

TexasCajun wrote:Repealing the current slate of gun control laws is unlikely at best, . . .
It's not unlikely, it's impossible. Remember, the thread is about extending background checks. I was stating what should happen, not what will happen.

Chas.

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TXBO »

There's no way to enforce background checks on private sales without registration. It's would be a toothless law.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by K.Mooneyham »

And just how would this new law keep the gang members and other hardened criminals from buying stolen guns? What additional hoops are they going to be forced to jump through? How much extra is it going to cost them? Are LEOs going to then redouble their efforts to track down said criminal types who violate the background checks?

OR, will the new law be used to prosecute someone who sells a gun face-to-face to their relative or their co-worker? And just how will the enforcement of this work? How can the Feds verify any of it? I don't want to hear any more feel good platitudes on the subject. I want concrete facts and details. Until they can provide those, they can take their little scrap of trash that burdens the citizenry and refer it to the round file in the corner.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 4

Post by VMI77 »

K.Mooneyham wrote:OR, will the new law be used to prosecute someone who sells a gun face-to-face to their relative or their co-worker?
I submit that not only is this how it will actually be used but that it is the intended use.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “Federal”