What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

No Nukes For Iran! Write to Your Elected Officials Now

Post by Bitter Clinger »

http://www.acttoimpact.com/iranEmail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

anygunanywhere

Re: No Nukes For Iran! Write to Your Elected Officials Now

Post by anygunanywhere »

Not wishing to squash your hopes but this is really pointless with Barry in the White House. Amnesty was not stopped, what makes anyone think Iran can be persuaded to stay nuclear weapon free. I'd be willing to bet they already have one if not more.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

It's probably pointless, but at least I already got a (canned) response from Ted Cruz:
Dear Pawpaw,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the deteriorating situation with the Islamic Republic of Iran. Input from constituents significantly informs my decision-making and empowers me to better represent the state.

Our country faces a number of challenges regarding Iran, first and foremost that country's determined pursuit of both nuclear weapons and the missile systems to deliver them. If Iran achieves this capability, it poses an intolerable threat to the United States and our allies-notably Israel. Preventing Iran from getting nuclear weapons must be a top priority for our government. I have deep concerns about any agreement with Iran to curb their nuclear program that places the burden on the United States to relax economic sanctions as a show of good faith before Iran makes any real concessions. I proudly stand alongside a bipartisan group of 57 senators in support of S. 1881, Nuclear Weapon Free Iran Act of 2013, which triggers additional sanctions in the event Iran fails to adhere to the Joint Plan of Action.

In addition, there is a grave human rights crisis unfolding in Iran. Three Americans are languishing in brutal Iranian prisons, including Pastor Saeed Abedini, who has been imprisoned for over a year for peacefully practicing his Christian faith. I was honored to participate in a prayer vigil on the anniversary of his incarceration, I have sent a bipartisan letter to President Obama encouraging him to speak out on Pastor Saeed's behalf, and I have introduced Senate Resolution 328 to call on Iran to release all our citizens who have been unjustly detained. Our nation must continue to take steps to see that these wrongs are righted.

Thank you again for sharing your views with me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about any issue important to your family. It is an honor to serve you and the people of Texas.

For Liberty,

Senator Ted Cruz
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Iran is on track to be a regional superpower and no one likes that, but no one is doing anything about it. NK went nuclear with no deterrence or consequences whatsoever. Israel became a nuclear state in 1968-1972. Pakistan and India went into nukes race with blessing from everybody. Once the genie is out everyone wants nukes.
US foreign (military) policy is all about China, class dismissed.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “Federal”