Ted Cruz not voting?

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rex B
Posts in topic: 10

Ted Cruz not voting?

Post by Rex B »

I get a daily email telling me how my reps voted. I see the following regularly:

Cloture on S. 178: Justice for Victims of Trafficking Act of 2015

Cloture Motion Rejected 55/43

Sen. Cornyn [R-TX]: Yea

Sen. Cruz [R-TX]: Not Voting

Anyone know why this is?
Is he absent because he is running around the country gauging interest for a presidential bid?
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ted Cruz not voting?

Post by joe817 »

Very likely Rex. Just heard on the radio that someone on his staff leaked to the news media that tomorrow, he will announce he is running for President.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
Rex B

Post by Rex B »

Not surprising. I don't think he can win, but he's got my vote.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Rex B wrote:Not surprising. I don't think he can win, but he's got my vote.
:iagree: He seems to speak with conviction, something that's sorely lacking up there. He also seems to be the most sane of the group(or the least INsane. :lol: )
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

A lot of people thought Cruz couldn't win the Senate seat either.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Distinguished Rick
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Distinguished Rick »

I wouldnt write Cruz off yet. I think he is strong and will have lots of support behide him. He is anti-establishment which some will find attractive. He will have my vote for sure. :txflag:
CHL holder since 1996.
USMC Shooting Team 1985 - 1988
Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
"People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

mtnthundr2

Post by mtnthundr2 »

Rex B wrote:I get a daily email telling me how my reps voted.
Hi Rex,

Where did you sign up for the email notifications?? This sounds like a great way to keep up with how our reps are doing!

Thanks! :tiphat:
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

He is till at the top of my list.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Topic author
Rex B

Post by Rex B »

mtnthundr2 wrote:
Rex B wrote:I get a daily email telling me how my reps voted.
Hi Rex,

Where did you sign up for the email notifications?? This sounds like a great way to keep up with how our reps are doing!

Thanks! :tiphat:
I have forgotten who sends that. It's tailored so I only see Cornyn Cruz and burgess
When I get one tomorrow I'll post a link
-----------

JSThane
Banned

Post by JSThane »

They said that about Reagan, too.

I think this is predicated on the notion that America wants a "moderate" for President, a notion that the LSM propagates every four years, because they know moderate Republicans (usually) get trounced. Unfortunately, pundits and "party leaders" usually buy into it, which gives it a sense of undeserved legitimacy.

ELB

Post by ELB »

I like Ted Cruz a lot, but I don't know if President would be the best fit for him and the country. I wonder if he would be better as Attorney General. He likely does not have the traditional experience for that post, I dunno what his legal and administrative background is like, but it's not just president where we need someone with strong principles and fire in his belly. Just cleaning up the Department of Justice is a monumental task in itself.

The current president missed over 300 roll call votes during his single truncated term as Senator, I think I can spot Ted a few misses here and there:
Voting should be mandatory, says guy who missed over 300 roll call votes in his 4 years in the Senate
USAF 1982-2005

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

ELB wrote:I like Ted Cruz a lot, but I don't know if President would be the best fit for him and the country. I wonder if he would be better as Attorney General. He likely does not have the traditional experience for that post, I dunno what his legal and administrative background is like, but it's not just president where we need someone with strong principles and fire in his belly. Just cleaning up the Department of Justice is a monumental task in itself.

The current president missed over 300 roll call votes during his single truncated term as Senator, I think I can spot Ted a few misses here and there:
Voting should be mandatory, says guy who missed over 300 roll call votes in his 4 years in the Senate
He has at least as much experience as our community-organizer-in-chief did.

I don't think he's the best fit for president either, but he brings one thing to the table that we desperately need... Ted Cruz can rally the true conservatives to take the country back to it's roots.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

JSThane wrote:

I think this is predicated on the notion that America wants a "moderate" for President, a notion that the LSM propagates every four years, because they know moderate Republicans (usually) get trounced. Unfortunately, pundits and "party leaders" usually buy into it, which gives it a sense of undeserved legitimacy.
Reagan would be considered a moderate in today's Republican Party.
He was also a proven governor of the largest state in the union. Cruz is a first term Senator. How'd the last one work out?

jmra

Post by jmra »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
JSThane wrote:

Reagan would be considered a moderate in today's Republican Party.
He was also a proven governor of the largest state in the union. Cruz is a first term Senator. How'd the last one work out?
:iagree:
Reagan also had the benifit of being a CA favorite which allowed him to carry both CA and TX. Not only will Cruz not carry CA, he might not carry Texas in the primary depending on who decides to run.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
Rex B

Post by Rex B »

If he doesn't get the nomination, I sure hope he gets picked for AG. He is perfect for that role.
-----------

Return to “Federal”