Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Re: NRA excludes Rand Paul at national convention

Post by mojo84 »

Oldgringo wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
{snip}

I am not taking sides in this. I just hope infighting within the republican party doesn't cause us to end up with another Clinton as president.
There it is, the crux of the matter!
It is still my hope.

Notice how the progressives do not seem to have as much dissection and bickering among themselves.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Doug.38PR
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Doug.38PR »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Doug.38PR wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
TexasCajun wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I don't know the reasons but I don't see him commenting on it as being "petty". The NRA and it's support is extremely valuable and the stakes in a presidential election are huge.

I also hope this isn't an indication of a big rift between the two.
His word
http://tinyurl.com/ogzpnjh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Again, my point was missed. A poster said it was " petty" of Rand Paul to call out the NRA publicly. I was saying I didn't agree with that. It helps to read comments in context. ;-)
How can it not be petty? Do you think he was entitled to an invitation?

Being disappointed about not being invited is one thing. Publicly calling out the one that did not invite you is petty... period.
Given that every other pro second amendment candidate was invited, I'd say YES he was entitled. It's a political forum for candidates that support a particular issue in a public campaign. To single Paul out and not include him is...frankly petty isn't the word I'd use, I'd call it almost insulting. In excluding Paul, the NRA is giving the impression of acting like a bunch of grumpy old Republican establishment men that don't like the constitutional conservatism that Paul's support represents (whether they are real conservatives or libertarians or just young people who are conservative and appreciate the sincerity that accompanies a Paul campaign (honestly I don't like Rand as much as his father. His father is a little more solid and delivers his message better)
Read my prior posts and you'll see why he was not invited. He aligned himself with a prolific liar who repeatedly makes false allegations against the NRA so he can ask gullible people for donations. When one lays down with dogs, one gets up with fleas.

Chas.
I just did. Honestly, it sounds like a "guilty by association" argument. Whether the NAGR statements are true or not is irrelevant to Paul being allowed to participate. I am an NRA member but I support other Gun rights groups to equal or lesser degrees. We are all supposed to be fighting for the same thing.

Honestly, even though I support the NRA and they serve a good purpose along with other gun groups, they do occasionally say and do things that raise my eyebrows and disappoint me. The more gun groups we have active, the better and the more pro gun candidates we have the better (not just as a fighting force, but to hold each other accountable both ways)

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasCajun »

mojo84 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
{snip}

I am not taking sides in this. I just hope infighting within the republican party doesn't cause us to end up with another Clinton as president.
It is still my hope.

Notice how the progressives do not seem to have as much dissection and bickering among themselves.
That's because dissention is quickly squelched. If you don't hold 100% with his views, you're a racist bigot. If you disagree with her, you're attacking women. If you don't tow 100% of the Dem line, you're a backward thinking, mouth-breathing redneck who should get out of the way of promoting the progressive agenda.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Doug.38PR
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Doug.38PR »

mojo84 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
{snip}

It is still my hope.

It would help if the republicans would show the establishment old men (Grahamnesty, Christi, kasick, McCain, Romney, bushes and their spoiled little boys like Ryan and Rubio) the door or at least get them to quit acting like leftists or being scared of leftists

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Doug.38PR wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
{snip}

It is still my hope.

It would help if the republicans would show the establishment old men (Grahamnesty, Christi, kasick, McCain, Romney, bushes and their spoiled little boys like Ryan and Rubio) the door or at least get them to quit acting like leftists or being scared of leftists
They, et al, are not scared of leftists. They, et al, are afraid of being labeled "racist" if they, et al, question or oppose the current POTUS' schemes and shams. The current POTUS is playing the Race card like it's never been played before.

Return to “Federal”