What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Administration preps new gun regulations

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://thehill.com/regulation/243520-ad ... egulations
The Justice Department plans to move forward this year with more than a dozen new gun-related regulations, according to list of rules the agency has proposed to enact before the end of the Obama administration.

The regulations range from new restrictions on high-powered pistols to gun storage requirements. Chief among them is a renewed effort to keep guns out of the hands of people who are mentally unstable or have been convicted of domestic abuse.

{——SNIP——}

Aside from these issues, some gun rights advocates have also raised concerns about upcoming ATF rules that would require gun dealers to report gun thefts, provide gun storage and safety devices, and place restrictions on high-powered pistols, among other things.
It sounds like they are going to go after AR pistols.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Administration preps new gun regulations

Post by anygunanywhere »

There are bunches of pistols more powerful than an AR. But then logic is lost on antis.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

And people ask why I am still a Republican. Because despite whatever issues the Republican Party may have, they don't pull stunts like this. Yeah, sure, "high powered pistols" need to be "banned" because SO many of them are used in crimes. :roll: Gimme a break already. This administration is irritating and ridiculous at the same time.

JSThane
Banned

Post by JSThane »

"High powered pistols"? So, they're coming after my .44 Magnums and .454 Casulls?

Oh, wait, they're probably talking about factory-made cut-down pistol versions of rifles, utilizing ammo that was intended for full-length barrels and not stubby little 8" tubes, therefore wasting a lot of powder and power when firing, whose only benefits are large magazine capacities, huge fireballs from the muzzle, and a certain "cool factor" existing amongst those who don't know any better? :biggrinjester:

Seriously, though, this is yet another un-Constitutional overreach, one that would be slapped down immediately if our Congress and judiciary had any spine left to them. Much as I deride the AR and AK pistols, I might just have to buy or build one now, just to stick a certain finger in the eye of yet more tyranny by bureaucracy. I find them to be interesting toys, yet of little practical use... but tell me I can't have them, and I want one just to snub my nose in defiance.

jmra

Post by jmra »

I built one a while back that I have yet to put a round through. Need to put that on my to do list.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

JSThane wrote:"High powered pistols"? So, they're coming after my .44 Magnums and .454 Casulls?

Oh, wait, they're probably talking about factory-made cut-down pistol versions of rifles, utilizing ammo that was intended for full-length barrels and not stubby little 8" tubes, therefore wasting a lot of powder and power when firing, whose only benefits are large magazine capacities, huge fireballs from the muzzle, and a certain "cool factor" existing amongst those who don't know any better? :biggrinjester:

Seriously, though, this is yet another un-Constitutional overreach, one that would be slapped down immediately if our Congress and judiciary had any spine left to them. Much as I deride the AR and AK pistols, I might just have to buy or build one now, just to stick a certain finger in the eye of yet more tyranny by bureaucracy. I find them to be interesting toys, yet of little practical use... but tell me I can't have them, and I want one just to snub my nose in defiance.
Stop beating on my new SBR less a rear stock, my new Zastava M85. :smilelol5: :smilelol5:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Those regulations need a new law. Mr. BATF chief, check with the US Congress first.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

anygunanywhere wrote:There are bunches of pistols more powerful than an AR. But then logic is lost on antis.
But are they as scary?
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

JSThane
Banned

Post by JSThane »

mr1337 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:There are bunches of pistols more powerful than an AR. But then logic is lost on antis.
But are they as scary?
If you're on the wrong end of them, yes. An AR pistol's got this little pea-shooter barrel, but a .454 revolver has six trashcans to look down.

FormerTSgt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by FormerTSgt »

The Annoyed Man wrote:http://thehill.com/regulation/243520-ad ... egulations
The Justice Department plans to move forward this year with more than a dozen new gun-related regulations, according to list of rules the agency has proposed to enact before the end of the Obama administration.

The regulations range from new restrictions on high-powered pistols to gun storage requirements. Chief among them is a renewed effort to keep guns out of the hands of people who are mentally unstable or have been convicted of domestic abuse.

{——SNIP——}

Aside from these issues, some gun rights advocates have also raised concerns about upcoming ATF rules that would require gun dealers to report gun thefts, provide gun storage and safety devices, and place restrictions on high-powered pistols, among other things.
It sounds like they are going to go after AR pistols.
you sure that's all they're going to go after? Remember back when they want to do ban m855 there was language in their banning everything more powerful than a .22?

we may need to start calling emailing and writing our senators and representatives to nip this in the bud before it gets out of control.
Former TSgt USAF Security Forces
Iraq Vet

FormerTSgt

Post by FormerTSgt »

I'm very surprised this is not a more active thread. Inaction is how these people get away with these "regulations."
Iraq Vet

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Is it time to purchase an FN Five-seven as an investment?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

JSThane wrote:
mr1337 wrote:
But are they as scary?
If you're on the wrong end of them, yes. An AR pistol's got this little pea-shooter barrel, but a .454 revolver has six trashcans to look down.
:smilelol5:

JSThane, you crack me up.

I agree. I have an AR pistol and consider it a novelty. I just wanted one. I can envision a tactical need if and when TEOTWAWKI happens but realistically, if I want to frighten someone my .44 Remington Mag Virginia Dragoon six shooter is much more intimidating, if that is what someone is looking for.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

no more Browning Hi-Power pistols? :headscratch

What? They had too many of them clips in their bullets? :roll:

FormerTSgt

Post by FormerTSgt »

This is good but we need to encourage our Reps. not to give in on this.

GOP Reps To Block DOJ’s Backdoor Gun Control

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... n-control/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Iraq Vet

Return to “Federal”