NFA Trust

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 1

NFA Trust

Post by LSUTiger »

I am late to the NFA game but I want to get a few items before it's to late and CLEO sign off goes into effect. Do you think it's to late? Do you think any pending applications at the time of future additional infringement will be grandfathered in?

Maybe SBR a couple of stripped lowers and a suppressor or two.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Scott B.

Re: NFA Trust

Post by Scott B. »

If you efile a form 1 with a trust, you're currently looking at about a 80 ~ 90 day wait. I just did one mid-March and don't expect to see my stamp (or at least the electronic version) until August.

Links: http://www.nfatracker.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and https://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/51_.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; are helpful for reporting current wait times.

ATF keeps pushing back 41P, reportedly to Dec 2015 this time. With news that our buddy in the White House wants to dictate a few new anti-gun rules, beware.

And, since it doesn't look like we'll get relief at the state level any time soon...I'd jump on that trust and get your forms filed.

I have no idea about grandfathering forms already in the pipeline.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

I'd jump on that trust and get your forms filed.
+1
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LSUTiger wrote:I am late to the NFA game but I want to get a few items before it's to late and CLEO sign off goes into effect. Do you think it's to late? Do you think any pending applications at the time of future additional infringement will be grandfathered in?

Maybe SBR a couple of stripped lowers and a suppressor or two.
No, it is not too late.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Federal”