Jeb on gun rights and backgound checks.

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Jeb on gun rights and backgound checks.

Post by Taypo »

mojo84 wrote:I was more interested in what Jeb Bush had to say than what Colbert's political opinions are.

I don't watch him but some say he has a conservative political bent. I wouldn't know though.
It's hard to tell WHAT Colbert is. The guy is never out of character long enough for me to figure out if he's being honest or if he's getting paid to say something.

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mojo84 »

The Wall wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
The Wall wrote:It doesn't matter since I'm not voting for him regardless.
Maybe you aren't but others on here have voiced their support for Jeb and I thought it a good idea to make sure they see this.
And I'm glad you did! So I guess it does matter if you can get folks not to vote for him. :lol:
;-)
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Taypo wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I was more interested in what Jeb Bush had to say than what Colbert's political opinions are.

I don't watch him but some say he has a conservative political bent. I wouldn't know though.
It's hard to tell WHAT Colbert is. The guy is never out of character long enough for me to figure out if he's being honest or if he's getting paid to say something.

To be honest, I don't really care what his views are. They are irrelevant to me. It's Jeb's that concern me. I believe he ranks at the very bottom of my ranking of the current republican candidates for president. I do not understand why he appeals to folks that consider themselves republican or conservative.

Jeb is not George.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Vol Texan »

mojo84 wrote:
Taypo wrote:
To be honest, I don't really care what his views are. They are irrelevant to me. It's Jeb's that concern me. I believe he ranks at the very bottom of my ranking of the current republican candidates for president. I do not understand why he appeals to folks that consider themselves republican or conservative.

Jeb is not George.
Unfortunately, it does matter what his views are. Through Colbert and John Stewart, the left has done something that the right has been unable to do....make political news funny. While we on the right side of the spectrum are listening to Charles Krauthammer, Bill O'Reilly and their ilk (and wondering why we keep doing so), the left is getting more people to listen to their message because it's packaged well.

At best, we've got Dennis Miller and Ann Coulter. While funny, Miller is only available in small doses on O'Reilly's show (which I cannot stand to watch), and listening him for too long is like trying to dissect a Camille Paglia novella while pumped up on Jolt Cola and munching on double-stuffed Oreos while simultaneously watching Jeopardy reruns on your uncovered porch during the Flight of the Amphibians. And Coulter is brilliant, but acidic at best, and she turns off as many viewers as she attracts.

Colbert and Stewart, although they lean FAR to the left of my liking, are both funny as can be. I rarely watch them, but when I do, it's funny. That's why they matter - because there are so many people here in the US who get their news from these guys.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Colbert's character was a parody of O'Reilly on Fox. If he is personally conservative, he hides it well.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

MechAg94 wrote:

Colbert's character was a parody of O'Reilly on Fox. If he is personally conservative, he hides it well.
He's not. Big leftist just like Jon "Leibowitz". He just thinks he's so brilliant that none of us conservative simpletons will get it.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I've never watched a full segment much less an entire episode of either's show.

I also agree the progressives have done a much better job of getting their positions out there and influencing opinions.
Last edited by mojo84 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

ScottDLS wrote:
MechAg94 wrote:

He's not. Big leftist just like Jon "Leibowitz". He just thinks he's so brilliant that none of us conservative simpletons will get it.

Is there some additional comment that you are trying to make by using the Leibowitz reference? Subtle perhaps- or not?

lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

Taypo wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Or he could speak openly, plainly and directly without playing both sides of the fence using nuance and flat out doubletalk. It seems to be working well for others. I think many American voters are sick of politicians trying to play all sides for the sake of votes.
:iagree:

Thus giving rise to the animal known as Trump.

Whats wrong with Trump? Besides a sideshow at times. I think Trump just might win this one.

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

lildave40 wrote:
Taypo wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Or he could speak openly, plainly and directly without playing both sides of the fence using nuance and flat out doubletalk. It seems to be working well for others. I think many American voters are sick of politicians trying to play all sides for the sake of votes.

Whats wrong with Trump? Besides a sideshow at times. I think Trump just might win this one.
Personally I don't know if there is anything wrong with him. He may be exactly what this country needs if he's smart enough to surround himself with people who can handle foreign policy.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Taypo wrote:
lildave40 wrote:
Taypo wrote:

Personally I don't know if there is anything wrong with him. He may be exactly what this country needs if he's smart enough to surround himself with people who can handle foreign policy.
I was actually thinking of several of the candidates.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

rotor wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
MechAg94 wrote:

Is there some additional comment that you are trying to make by using the Leibowitz reference? Subtle perhaps- or not?
Nope, just that he's (nominally) Jewish, but a big Israel hater and leftist on foreign policy. I refer to him as that because my favorite Jewish commentator, Mark Levin, does. Levin doesn't change his name to McDonough just so he can hang around with anti-Semites (i.e. the Left), but I suspect Leibowitz does. This Christian of pallor is calling him on it. Tough.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

What an interesting twist this thread about Jeb Bush and his stance on guns has taken.

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

mojo84 wrote:What an interesting twist this thread about Jeb Bush and his stance on guns has taken.
"rlol"

The good threads here tend to drift. I'm guilty of it lately and blaming it on old age.

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

ScottDLS wrote:
rotor wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
MechAg94 wrote:

Nope, just that he's (nominally) Jewish, but a big Israel hater and leftist on foreign policy. I refer to him as that because my favorite Jewish commentator, Mark Levin, does. Levin doesn't change his name to McDonough just so he can hang around with anti-Semites (i.e. the Left), but I suspect Leibowitz does. This Christian of pallor is calling him on it. Tough.
So he is Jewish and Colbert is Catholic. But what has that got to do with it? Did not seem appropriate to bring in his or your religion into the issue. Sounded like a not so off hand anti-Semitic remark. If I am wrong I apologize in advance.

Return to “Federal”