Jeb on gun rights and backgound checks.

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Jeb on gun rights and backgound checks.

Post by ScottDLS »

rotor wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
rotor wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
MechAg94 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I was more interested in what Jeb Bush had to say than what Colbert's political opinions are.

I don't watch him but some say he has a conservative political bent. I wouldn't know though.
Colbert's character was a parody of O'Reilly on Fox. If he is personally conservative, he hides it well.
He's not. Big leftist just like Jon "Leibowitz". He just thinks he's so brilliant that none of us conservative simpletons will get it.

Is there some additional comment that you are trying to make by using the Leibowitz reference? Subtle perhaps- or not?
Nope, just that he's (nominally) Jewish, but a big Israel hater and leftist on foreign policy. I refer to him as that because my favorite Jewish commentator, Mark Levin, does. Levin doesn't change his name to McDonough just so he can hang around with anti-Semites (i.e. the Left), but I suspect Leibowitz does. This Christian of pallor is calling him on it. Tough.
So he is Jewish and Colbert is Catholic. But what has that got to do with it? Did not seem appropriate to bring in his or your religion into the issue. Sounded like a not so off hand anti-Semitic remark. If I am wrong I apologize in advance.
I was quoting Levin who is my number one favorite talk show host and uses Stewart's real name to call him out on being a liberal Jewish self-hater (Mark's words not mine). I guess you can say that's Levin is anti-Semitic, but it's a tough case to make since Levin is Jewish and talks about it on his show. I have no idea why so many (especially secular) Jews like Stewart are leftists, when the left is very anti-Semitic in my opinion.

I have no idea either whether Colbert is Catholic (though he plays one on TV). I think Levin is just tired of his co-religionists who are soft on the Islamo-Fascists in Iran (again his term) and wants to call them on it. Stewart is a vile sell-out who thinks that he is so much smarter than us, gun toting, conservative rubes. He will pretend he changed his name because of all the supposedly anti-Semitic Christian right....in Hollywood??? Yeah, go with that... I stand with Levin, Dennis Prager, JPFO, and all the other non-sellouts who support the Constitution and particularly the second amendment.

Now to bring it back on topic, Jeb is a squish on gun rights, and personally I think he and all the other Republican candidates should avoid Stewart/Leibowitz's show on principal, because he is there to do nothing other than play them for fools to the know-nothings who like his show. I don't think he's bright, or funny, or good at getting his Marxist message out, nor do I think "our" side should try to emulate him to connect with younger voters.

Well that was a quite un-opinionated rant, eh.... :lol:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VMI77 »

ScottDLS wrote:
rotor wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
rotor wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
MechAg94 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I was more interested in what Jeb Bush had to say than what Colbert's political opinions are.

I don't watch him but some say he has a conservative political bent. I wouldn't know though.
Colbert's character was a parody of O'Reilly on Fox. If he is personally conservative, he hides it well.
He's not. Big leftist just like Jon "Leibowitz". He just thinks he's so brilliant that none of us conservative simpletons will get it.

Is there some additional comment that you are trying to make by using the Leibowitz reference? Subtle perhaps- or not?
Nope, just that he's (nominally) Jewish, but a big Israel hater and leftist on foreign policy. I refer to him as that because my favorite Jewish commentator, Mark Levin, does. Levin doesn't change his name to McDonough just so he can hang around with anti-Semites (i.e. the Left), but I suspect Leibowitz does. This Christian of pallor is calling him on it. Tough.
So he is Jewish and Colbert is Catholic. But what has that got to do with it? Did not seem appropriate to bring in his or your religion into the issue. Sounded like a not so off hand anti-Semitic remark. If I am wrong I apologize in advance.
I was quoting Levin who is my number one favorite talk show host and uses Stewart's real name to call him out on being a liberal Jewish self-hater (Mark's words not mine). I guess you can say that's Levin is anti-Semitic, but it's a tough case to make since Levin is Jewish and talks about it on his show. I have no idea why so many (especially secular) Jews like Stewart are leftists, when the left is very anti-Semitic in my opinion.

I have no idea either whether Colbert is Catholic (though he plays one on TV). I think Levin is just tired of his co-religionists who are soft on the Islamo-Fascists in Iran (again his term) and wants to call them on it. Stewart is a vile sell-out who thinks that he is so much smarter than us, gun toting, conservative rubes. He will pretend he changed his name because of all the supposedly anti-Semitic Christian right....in Hollywood??? Yeah, go with that... I stand with Levin, Dennis Prager, JPFO, and all the other non-sellouts who support the Constitution and particularly the second amendment.

Now to bring it back on topic, Jeb is a squish on gun rights, and personally I think he and all the other Republican candidates should avoid Stewart/Leibowitz's show on principal, because he is there to do nothing other than play them for fools to the know-nothings who like his show. I don't think he's bright, or funny, or good at getting his Marxist message out, nor do I think "our" side should try to emulate him to connect with younger voters.

I like Levin too....catch him on the way home from work sometimes on Sirius radio.

In addition to being corrupt, Jeb Bush makes it clear he believes Latin American culture is superior to American culture. One of the other "Patriot Radio" talk shows yesterday played one of his ads, in Spanish, and the racial and cultural pandering was downright pathetic...at least to the extent it wasn't outright repulsive. Jeb Bush isn't just squishy on gun rights, he's squishy on everything except the inferiority of American culture and his desire to admit lots more legal and illegal immigrants to "improve" it. Jeb Bush wants to fundamentally change this country, he's just more disingenuous about it and hates America a little less than Obama.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

ScottDLS wrote:
rotor wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
rotor wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
MechAg94 wrote:

I pretty much agree with everything you are saying but as a Jew the use of the "Leibowitz" term ( accented )struck a nerve with me. I come from a family of liberal Jews and don't think it doesn't bring plenty of arguments. My brothers are Commiefornians. As i said, I apologize if I was wrong but it felt insensitive to me. And I don't like Jeb Bush either. We can do without another Bush or Clinton in the White House. Let's drop the religious part of the topic.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ScottDLS »

I pretty much agree with everything you are saying but as a Jew the use of the "Leibowitz" term ( accented )struck a nerve with me. I come from a family of liberal Jews and don't think it doesn't bring plenty of arguments. My brothers are Commiefornians. As i said, I apologize if I was wrong but it felt insensitive to me. And I don't like Jeb Bush either. We can do without another Bush or Clinton in the White House. Let's drop the religious part of the topic.
It is really his name, which is why I think Levin uses it to make his point. That's the main reason I quoted Mark, though since not everybody listens to him I could see someone might think I was going somewhere else. I wasn't, but I guess you never can tell with us ignorant crackers....(just kidding....really!). If I really wanted to start a religious war I would've said that Colt 1911's stink and Glocks rule :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go, Mark Levin!
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Federal”