21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

ShootDontTalk
Posts in topic: 2

Re: WHITE HOUSE: OBAMA PREPARING MORE EXECUTIVE ACTIONS ON GUN CONTROL

Post by ShootDontTalk »

JALLEN wrote:He can't just dream up stuff out of whole cloth, and if we let him, shame on us.
If you're volunteering to go arrest him, I'll be the first to step up and help. Otherwise, who exactly is going to stop him? Who is "WE"? He's been dreaming up some stuff that got people like Richard Nixon forced out of office. I just don't ever see this Congress actually doing anything. They might hold some more hearings though. That would be helpful. :roll:

For that matter, who would actually DO anything, even if he decided to suspend the next election cycle and remain in office?

I'm really serious about that question. Exactly who would have the moxie to do anything at all?

I fully admit that this is a terrible opinion of my government, but I don't think I'm alone.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

The Annoyed Man wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... n-control/
The White House confirmed that President Obama was preparing a series of executive actions on gun control to match his recent passion on the issue after the latest mass shooting in Oregon.

“It’s a high priority and will continue to be until we start to see more progress on this issue in this town,” White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters today at the press briefing.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 4

Post by JALLEN »

ShootDontTalk wrote:
JALLEN wrote:He can't just dream up stuff out of whole cloth, and if we let him, shame on us.
If you're volunteering to go arrest him, I'll be the first to step up and help. Otherwise, who exactly is going to stop him? Who is "WE"? He's been dreaming up some stuff that got people like Richard Nixon forced out of office. I just don't ever see this Congress actually doing anything. They might hold some more hearings though. That would be helpful. :roll:

For that matter, who would actually DO anything, even if he decided to suspend the next election cycle and remain in office?

I'm really serious about that question. Exactly who would have the moxie to do anything at all?

I fully admit that this is a terrible opinion of my government, but I don't think I'm alone.
I will give you the advice of Calvin Coolidge, of whom I am an enthusiastic admirer.

He said "don't vote for Democrats."

I think that is pretty hard to adhere to these days. There haven't been real Democrats since the godless doper dirt ball hippies made common cause with the godless communists to take over the Democrat Party back starting in the late '60's.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ShootDontTalk wrote:For that matter, who would actually DO anything, even if he decided to suspend the next election cycle and remain in office?

VMI77 and I have been having a sidebar conversation about this very sort of thing. He is more or less of the opinion that, in this scenario, the military would force Obama out and we'd go through a "restart". Normally, VMI77 and I are on the same wavelength. But I am pessimistic. Obama's administration has been very busy "retiring" old school field grade officers, and promoting those who are more compliant and amendable to the administration's social engineering goals. I would like to believe that the military could be depended on to restore the republic, and I certainly don't mean to insult anyone serving, but I am skeptical. Here's why.

Some illegal orders are just plain obvious. If a general orders soldiers under his command to simply eradicate all the children in an American town on the theory that nits grow to lice, it's a fair bet that most or all of those so ordered would refuse to carry out the order. Why? Because it is an obviously illegal order. But if a general commands troops under his command to arrest the President and take him into custody, that's a lot more vague. Who's the criminal? The general seeking to depose a President, or the President who is being deposed? Is the order legal, or illegal?

That's why I am skeptical that today's military would play a restorative role unless the necessity and the alternatives were so stark and clear that it was a no-brainer.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jim Beaux »

JALLEN wrote:
Jim Beaux wrote:Read he is researching ways to bypass the congress- yeah,I know.....
The President has only power granted in the Constitution and those authorized by Congress in a statute. Congress frequently authorizes the executive to act under regulations it may enact to accomplish the legislative purpose, and can only spend funds lawfully appropriated. He can't even fill gas in his big black car unless Congress has ok'd it.

They are reading those statutes now to figure out where they can make regs by fiat, interpretations of existing law, etc. and if Congress has been sloppy in enacting, how it has worded various provisions, they may have some leeway to make life miserable for awhile.

He can't just dream up stuff out of whole cloth, and if we let him, shame on us.
:thumbs2:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

ShootDontTalk

Post by ShootDontTalk »

The Annoyed Man wrote: VMI77 and I have been having a sidebar conversation about this very sort of thing. He is more or less of the opinion that, in this scenario, the military would force Obama out and we'd go through a "restart". Normally, VMI77 and I are on the same wavelength. But I am pessimistic. Obama's administration has been very busy "retiring" old school field grade officers, and promoting those who are more compliant and amendable to the administration's social engineering goals. I would like to believe that the military could be depended on to restore the republic, and I certainly don't mean to insult anyone serving, but I am skeptical. Here's why.

Some illegal orders are just plain obvious. If a general orders soldiers under his command to simply eradicate all the children in an American town on the theory that nits grow to lice, it's a fair bet that most or all of those so ordered would refuse to carry out the order. Why? Because it is an obviously illegal order. But if a general commands troops under his command to arrest the President and take him into custody, that's a lot more vague. Who's the criminal? The general seeking to depose a President, or the President who is being deposed? Is the order legal, or illegal?

That's why I am skeptical that today's military would play a restorative role unless the necessity and the alternatives were so stark and clear that it was a no-brainer.
I agree. It certainly isn't a simple matter of voting. I first started voting in the late 1960's and have never, to the best of my memory, voted for a Democrat. If the current administration set aside elections, how would I vote? Elections no longer exist. I could vote 10,000 times and none of them would count. If the President set aside the election cycle, who would you vote for? So obviously voting cannot be the answer, IF such a thing were to happen.

I didn't used to be a pessimist. Boy how I wish I weren't one now. I agree with you 100% though. I don't think the military would do anything. The Justice Dept.? Are you kidding? Supreme Court? No. Toothless. Secret Service? No. In truth, I think there is only one group that would do anything. We The People.

My concern is not that the country will fracture. It is that we will experience a very ugly revolution. 600,000 died in the Civil War. If it happened today, it could be many times worse. I just don't want my kids to have to endure that.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jim Beaux »

ShootDontTalk wrote:

Youre not alone, I have a bad opinion of the gov & Ive also wondered if obama tried to go "more rogue" who would step up.

I think Cruz & Utah Sen. Mike Lee would try to rally the congressional conservative block & make an effort to hold him off-I also think we have some in the military who cant wait for the day barry leaves office- & they would stand with congressional conservatives.

The way things are going today the unimaginable is entering the realm of the imaginable.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sugar land dave »

ShootDontTalk wrote:

As far as I know, the Sergeant At Arms of the US Senate is the only person who can legally arrest a sitting President.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

dlh

Post by dlh »

Obama is protected by heavily armed men with automatic weapons.

I doubt he will remember that when he signs his executive order further limiting gun rights of ordinary citizens.

dlh
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
ShootDontTalk wrote:For that matter, who would actually DO anything, even if he decided to suspend the next election cycle and remain in office?

VMI77 and I have been having a sidebar conversation about this very sort of thing. He is more or less of the opinion that, in this scenario, the military would force Obama out and we'd go through a "restart". Normally, VMI77 and I are on the same wavelength. But I am pessimistic. Obama's administration has been very busy "retiring" old school field grade officers, and promoting those who are more compliant and amendable to the administration's social engineering goals. I would like to believe that the military could be depended on to restore the republic, and I certainly don't mean to insult anyone serving, but I am skeptical. Here's why.

I think you over extrapolated my thoughts about military action. I wasn't talking about restoring the Republic; I don't see that happening. I was speaking in reference to the specific situation where the country is invaded by a foreign power and the administration orders the military to stand down and not resist. In the suspension of election scenario I agree with you....the military will do nothing. In fact I can't think of any other situation other than foreign invasion and what essentially amounts to clear executive treason where the military would remove the executive. It might not even happen then. I think it might happen with the current military in spite of the fact that Obama has purged the general ranks, but I also think the odds of such action occurring diminish with each year we continue on the current path. I don't think there is any serious invasion threat though either so it's probably irrelevant.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 4

Post by JALLEN »

dlh wrote:Obama is protected by heavily armed men with automatic weapons.

I doubt he will remember that when he signs his executive order further limiting gun rights of ordinary citizens.

dlh
I doubt their mission includes preventing lawful arrest by competent authority. Arrest does not mean physical harm, usually.

The President gets some considerations that others may not, giving testimony, for example, in response to subpoena, but that is not absolutes, AFAIK.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

VMI77 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

I think you over extrapolated my thoughts about military action. I wasn't talking about restoring the Republic; I don't see that happening. I was speaking in reference to the specific situation where the country is invaded by a foreign power and the administration orders the military to stand down and not resist. In the suspension of election scenario I agree with you....the military will do nothing. In fact I can't think of any other situation other than foreign invasion and what essentially amounts to clear executive treason where the military would remove the executive. It might not even happen then. I think it might happen with the current military in spite of the fact that Obama has purged the general ranks, but I also think the odds of such action occurring diminish with each year we continue on the current path. I don't think there is any serious invasion threat though either so it's probably irrelevant.
Oh how I wish there was a group private messaging we could use here, or set up a private invisible thread to the uninvited! It would be interesting to sit in with some of my favorite forum members like TAM and SDT.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

cbr6864r

Post by cbr6864r »

This is a huge deal and I dont think everyone truly understands the ramifications this will have. If king barry has his way which im sure he will as he has openly stated he will do as he wishes and bypass our entire legislative system by simply signing executive orders unlawfully. It all sounds great those on no fly list wont be able to buy or own firearms right? WAIT though how do you get put on no fly list who puts you on no fly list how do you even know if your on it? This is 100% total gun control as anyone can be put on no fly list at any time for any reason. This is beyond huge this is a full on attack of the 2nd and a huge step towards total disarmament of the American people.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

cbr6864r wrote:This is a huge deal and I dont think everyone truly understands the ramifications this will have. If king barry has his way which im sure he will as he has openly stated he will do as he wishes and bypass our entire legislative system by simply signing executive orders unlawfully. It all sounds great those on no fly list wont be able to buy or own firearms right? WAIT though how do you get put on no fly list who puts you on no fly list how do you even know if your on it? This is 100% total gun control as anyone can be put on no fly list at any time for any reason. This is beyond huge this is a full on attack of the 2nd and a huge step towards total disarmament of the American people.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Federal”