Vox did us a favor

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rex B
Posts in topic: 4

Vox did us a favor

Post by Rex B »

Liberal site Vox published a "Call to Action" so their devotees can raise Cain with Congress to demand gun control. As part of that, they published a list of all 535 members of Congress with their phone number, Twitter, and email addresses. As someone who hates those contact forms every elected official seems to use now, I appreciate this list. I intend to use it to oppose what Vox supports.

Here's the site: http://www.people.com/article/preventin ... jess-cagle

I copied the data and made a Word document from it in case the page is taken down.

Also, somewhat related, I found this interesting:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015 ... -guns.html
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Vox did us a favor

Post by RoyGBiv »

Good idea!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Rex B wrote:Liberal site Vox published a "Call to Action" so their devotees can raise Cain with Congress to demand gun control. As part of that, they published a list of all 535 members of Congress with their phone number, Twitter, and email addresses. As someone who hates those contact forms every elected official seems to use now, I appreciate this list. I intend to use it to oppose what Vox supports.

Here's the site: http://www.people.com/article/preventin ... jess-cagle

I copied the data and made a Word document from it in case the page is taken down.

Also, somewhat related, I found this interesting:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015 ... -guns.html
Those are not the true Congressional email addresses. They do NOT end in .gov
Your (sending) email address will be collected by those Libtards at Open congress dot org :mad5
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
Rex B

Post by Rex B »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Those are not the true Congressional email addresses. They do NOT end in .gov
Your (sending) email address will be collected by those Libtards at Open congress dot org :mad5

You are correct, I don't know how I did not catch that.
I look at opencongress.org and they seem to be a neutral site for information on members of Congress.
So I sent a test email to my congressman (Draft Paul Ryan). I'll see how it works.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Topic author
Rex B

Post by Rex B »

I sent the email, and immediately got this for the site:

Hi there,
We need a little more information before we can send your email to Rep. Michael C. Burgess.
Don't worry, you'll only need to do this once. Congressional offices require the address information below in order to deliver your message.

Note: Once you've provided your address, your email's recipients may change. We will only provide you with email addresses for the members of Congress who represent you.

Basically they want you registered.
So you can only use it to send to your one congressman and both senators. Disappointed that it's so limited, but it may still me useful if I can send an email from my normal email without using the contact form.

I'll play along and see how it goes.
-----------

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

I tracked them to Participatory Politics Foundation whose staff appears to be loaded with people of liberal leaning.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Topic author
Rex B

Post by Rex B »

I wonder if they have a way of screening the messages?
-----------

Return to “Federal”