What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Blitzer against Carson

Post by mojo84 »

Any one else detect an obvious agenda?

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topbuilder
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Blitzer against Carson

Post by Topbuilder »

I remember having a "media bias" discussion 12-15 years ago with my inlaws who were CNN fans. They of course explained to me there was NO bias. I of course changed the subject, because I have an agreement with my wife that I won't hang her parents upside down and drive bamboo shoots under their toenails...
Fast forward to today - My inlaws explain the obvious media bias, on all networks, to me like it was their discovery. :shock:
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

Sorta unfair. A neurosurgeon against the lowest scoring person ever on Celebrity Jeopardy! "rlol"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Topbuilder wrote:I remember having a "media bias" discussion 12-15 years ago with my inlaws who were CNN fans. They of course explained to me there was NO bias. I of course changed the subject, because I have an agreement with my wife that I won't hang her parents upside down and drive bamboo shoots under their toenails...
Fast forward to today - My inlaws explain the obvious media bias, on all networks, to me like it was their discovery. :shock:
You sir, are a better man than I am. I loved my in-laws (before they shuffled off this mortal coil), and I would have still gleefully reminded them of the previous conversation.
:lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rotor

Post by rotor »

I thought it was "fair and balanced". Did I miss something?

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

You be the judge of Wolf's objectivity. Carson parries every Blitzer thrust.

http://louderwithcrowder.com/ben-carson ... i-germany/

rotor

Post by rotor »

Blitzer hit Carson with questions and Carson came back with generally good answers. I thought they were good questions. He used a lot of "So you believe" comments. I thought they were fair questions.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

The questions were fair but when the interviewer starts restating and qualifying the answer in a way to change or misrepresent what the interviewee said, that shows bias.

That's like me asking you if you are pro 2nd Amendement. You respond yes. Then I say so you believe it's ok to play vigilante and run around shooting people?.

Its obvious Blitzer was trying to snag Carson and paint him in a bad light.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Countryside
Banned

Post by Countryside »

I guess there really isn't a national news media that is not political nor agenda driven...be it the secular-leaning liberal CNN or the Catholic-leaning conservatism of FOX News. Is there one anymore that just simply reports the news?

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

Countryside wrote:I guess there really isn't a national news media that is not political nor agenda driven...be it the secular-leaning liberal CNN or the Catholic-leaning conservatism of FOX News. Is there one anymore that just simply reports the news?
How do you "lean Catholic?"

I concede that O'Reilly tends to pontificate, but he isn't really a news guy.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I would say that there really never was a time with journalists were NOT biased. I believe I remember from grade school history, the term yellow journalism was invented a long time ago. I figure the behavior of the newspaper guy in the movie The Shootist is probably been more or less true in our history. They are in the business of selling news, whatever that takes.

The only new thing I see if the expansion of cable news adds a layer of insulation from the market. CNN gets a small amount of $$ for every cable/sattlelite household where they are available in addition to advertising.

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

It would be worth your while to look up what journalists of the day thought of the Gettysburg Address. Criticism of what has come to be regarded in many quarters as the greatest speech delivered in English in all history was bitter, heated, demeaning and malicious.

If you think for yourself, you don't need to worry what the clowns are doing.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

MechAg94 wrote:I would say that there really never was a time with journalists were NOT biased. I believe I remember from grade school history, the term yellow journalism was invented a long time ago. I figure the behavior of the newspaper guy in the movie The Shootist is probably been more or less true in our history. They are in the business of selling news, whatever that takes.

The only new thing I see if the expansion of cable news adds a layer of insulation from the market. CNN gets a small amount of $$ for every cable/sattlelite household where they are available in addition to advertising.
Yellow Journalism was to sell more newspapers through exaggeration, sensationalism and even non-factual stories, especially with eye catching headlines. Todays media bias in not that. It's biased with an agenda. Which way it's biased may be in the eye of the beholder, but it has melded with advertising methods to further influence the viewers and readers. It's contrived, deceitful and planned to influence not sell newspapers.

Return to “Federal”