The tide is turning

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

The tide is turning

Post by mojo84 »

They are even having trouble manipulating the numbers to fit their agenda lately.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/nyt-poll- ... ontent=TWS
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Re: The tide is turning

Post by anygunanywhere »

mojo84 wrote:They are even having trouble manipulating the numbers to fit their agenda lately.

Opinion polls don't vote scum out of office and restore freedoms.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
mojo84 wrote:They are even having trouble manipulating the numbers to fit their agenda lately.

No but it is encouraging to see chinos in their armour. Do you not agree? Do you only watch election results for your news?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

John Galt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by John Galt »

Good news.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

mojo84 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:

No but it is encouraging to see chinos in their armour. Do you not agree? Do you only watch election results for your news?
What is a chino? :biggrinjester:

I wouldn't call it a tide turning.

I read a lot of news, not just elections. If the poll results actually equated to turning DC around I would hoop and holler. Poll numbers essentially mean nothing. Poll numbers mean the people they polled answered their poll in a certain way. No relation to reality in DC or anywhere else. The majority of Americans think killing babies is wrong but PP is still getting tax money from the government.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:

I read a lot of news, not just elections. If the poll results actually equated to turning DC around I would hoop and holler. Poll numbers essentially mean nothing. Poll numbers mean the people they polled answered their poll in a certain way. No relation to reality in DC or anywhere else.

My second favorite pants. ;-) Autocorrect didn't like chink for some reason.

I understand your skepticism when it comes to polls. My point is that for 20 years they have been able to show the results that fit their agenda. Now, they aren't able to. I see some significance in that.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

mojo84 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:

I read a lot of news, not just elections. If the poll results actually equated to turning DC around I would hoop and holler. Poll numbers essentially mean nothing. Poll numbers mean the people they polled answered their poll in a certain way. No relation to reality in DC or anywhere else.

My second favorite pants. ;-)

I understand your skepticism when it comes to polls. My point is that for 20 years they have been able to show the results that fit their agenda. Now, they aren't able to. I see some significance in that.
I will agree on that point. Baby steps so to speak.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:

My second favorite pants. ;-)

I will agree on that point. Baby steps so to speak.
Yes sir.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Good news......in a limited way. Here's why I say limited.....

It's a NYT poll. Granted, the NYT has a national readership, but MOST of its readership is in NYC, and maybe Washington DC. Therefore, it is no surprise that in preceding years, more respondents favored an AWB. What's encouraging is that this predominantly NYC/DC audience notwithstanding, the anti-ban numbers are higher.......just maybe because a few folks in NYC/DC are beginning to see the light.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

Good news......in a limited way. Here's why I say limited.....

It's a NYT poll. Granted, the NYT has a national readership, but MOST of its readership is in NYC, and maybe Washington DC. Therefore, it is no surprise that in preceding years, more respondents favored an AWB. What's encouraging is that this predominantly NYC/DC audience notwithstanding, the anti-ban numbers are higher.......just maybe because a few folks in NYC/DC are beginning to see the light.

My point exactly.

Return to “Federal”