What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

The antis are conspiring

Post by mojo84 »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/12 ... be-private

Conspiring to break the law. Organized crime.

Edit: Changed the title in response to PawPaw's correction.
Last edited by mojo84 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Re: The antis are circling the wagons

Post by Pawpaw »

What they're doing is NOT "circling the wagons". It's more akin to the Indians having a pow-wow to discuss how THEY are going to attack.

When they do attack (and there's no doubt they will), I think they're going to be very surprised at the strong defense and intense backlash they're going to get.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AJSully421 »

Attention liberals: I will kill to protect my God given right, which is protected by the Second Amendment. Are you willing to die trying to take it away from me?
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Pawpaw wrote:What they're doing is NOT "circling the wagons". It's more akin to the Indians having a pow-wow to discuss how THEY are going to attack.
Apparently, every little thing can be argued on here. The point being, the two top nuts gathered together to make another strong run at gun control. My apologies for the analogy faux pas.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

hovercat

Post by hovercat »

AJSully421 wrote:Attention liberals: I will kill to protect my God given right, which is protected by the Second Amendment. Are you willing to die trying to take it away from me?
No, but they are quite willing to send someone to die to take away your rights. And they will even feel bad about it later.

Distinguished Rick

Re: The antis are conspiring

Post by Distinguished Rick »

We can only hope that the next POTUS will be a rational person (Republican) and undo the damage done by the current occupant.
CHL holder since 1996.
USMC Shooting Team 1985 - 1988
Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
"People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

hovercat wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:Attention liberals: I will kill to protect my God given right, which is protected by the Second Amendment. Are you willing to die trying to take it away from me?
No, but they are quite willing to send someone to die to take away your rights. And they will even feel bad about it later.
You got the first part right....but not the second. They won't feel bad about it at all, later or at any other time. They will celebrate and rejoice.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

doncb

Post by doncb »

"Mayor Bloomberg obviously helps to fund and operate an organization that is working aggressively across the country to promote common sense gun safety measures,”
Common sense gun safety measures: Trigger discipline, treat it like it is loaded, never point it at anything you don't intend to shoot, etc.

Oh wait. That's not what THEY are talking about. :mad5
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

hovercat wrote:
Correction..... they won't feel that bad about it, because they don't trust the people they'll send all that much either.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

A great American patriot sums it up for us.
Attachments
8077b29e1f10795daf95a221be5779bcc481f435bb70f144b212b8b265fd875d.jpg

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

The have a big, bloated, delusional view of their capabilities.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

The foundation of their arguments is that no person can be trusted with any tool of force -- and we need government/laws to protect us from such things. They recognize avarice in their own hearts and don't trust THEMSELVES with tools of force, so no one else should have them either. They can only make this argument because they are the self-described "enlightened", who always act in the best interests of mankind. As such, THEY are the only worthy folks to make policy decisions and their policies are the only ones worth anything. All other ideas are simply wrong.

Of course, these "correct" ideas are counter to individual liberty and common sense, so I'll not be trusting them any time soon. When force is the only option, it pays to have that option.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

mojo84 wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:What they're doing is NOT "circling the wagons". It's more akin to the Indians having a pow-wow to discuss how THEY are going to attack.
Apparently, every little thing can be argued on here. The point being, the two top nuts gathered together to make another strong run at gun control. My apologies for the analogy faux pas.
Apology accepted. Did someone wake up on the sensitive side of the bed this morning?

Seriously, I meant no offense. Just pointing out that "circling the wagons" is a defensive action. The antis are not and have never been in defensive mode.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It's been that kind of week.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I can relate to that. :???:

Return to “Federal”