What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

OSHA Comment Period Extended

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

OSHA's attempt to backdoor gun control by making ammo and components virtually impossible to obtain is drawing considerable opposition. The comment period has been extended to Sept. 10, 2007.

Please consider filing a comment opposing the proposed rule by going to this website. http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main For some reason, I can't create a link to the exact page, so here is what you have to do.

In Step 1, choose "Documents Accepting Comments ;"
In Step 2, choose "Occupational Safety and Health Administration;"
In Step 3, choose "Proposed Rules;"
In Step 4, choose "Document ID" then enter this number: OSHA-2007-0032" and make sure "Exact Phrase" is selected.

After hitting the "Submit" button you will see a new screen. Click on the icon in the "Comments" column on the far right side of the page. Fill out the form, post your comments and complete the form. It doesn't matter which comment icon you choose, before July12th.! After July 12th, but sure to click on the comment icon that has a deadline of 9/10/07. I presume they will delete the older one on July13th, but if they don't, be sure to select the correct one.

Feel free to copy this post or these instructions to any other boards you visit.

Thanks,
Chas.

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 4

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I vehemently oppose the government (and any regulatory organization within that government) infringing on our "inalienable right" to keep and bear arms.

And the effort to make that "inalienable right" difficult or impossible to be effective and sustainable.

This backdoor attempt to do so, using OSHA, will not succeed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know what else to say...

You know when they asked who your U.S. Representative is...I had to really try to contain myself...

I left it blank because I sure as heck didn't vote for him...I don't care if he has an NRA A+ rating...

I'm sure the backdoor attempt here using OSHA and their charter to regulate (eliminate) an "inalienable right" is something they thought would stay under the radar...

Not anymore...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Folks heard you on the radio this morning!

Good stuff!!!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

fadlan12
Posts in topic: 1

Post by fadlan12 »

Where can you read the comments?

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

I submitted something very similar ;-) to stevie_d_64's comments.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

I posted my comments!
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

BTW, what committee (if any) will be discussing this issue???

A renewed blast of dissaproval of this thing would be in order to those elected officials in September I suppose...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Charles-

Thank you for the wonderful instructions. I have followed them and submitted a comment on the proposal.

This really makes my stomach hurt :mad:
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

stevie_d_64 wrote:BTW, what committee (if any) will be discussing this issue???

A renewed blast of dissaproval of this thing would be in order to those elected officials in September I suppose...
None. OSHA can make this a rule without any Congressional input. If they do, then Congress can pass a bill to fix the problem, but that could well get bogged down by the Dems. This is why it's so important to have a huge number of negative comments filed officially.

Chas.

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Instructions were posted and almost instantly "stickied" on the GlockTalk forum.

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php ... did=726777
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:BTW, what committee (if any) will be discussing this issue???

None. OSHA can make this a rule without any Congressional input. If they do, then Congress can pass a bill to fix the problem, but that could well get bogged down by the Dems. This is why it's so important to have a huge number of negative comments filed officially.

Chas.
Ohh, now you did it...

You shouldn't have told me this...I'm not going to sleep very well
tonight... ;-)

Need to find some phone numbers and light their switchboards up for a while...

OSHA does alot of good for many industries, and sure, they can be a real pill to comply with...But whatever is driving this needs to be derailed right now, so they never, ever take up a cause like this ever again...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

This is an example of the pitiful lengths our government is going to trample our rights.

They even have the gall to use the constition as a graphic on their web pages.

"We the people..."

We the people need to do more than post comments on their websites.

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

GlockenHammer

Post by GlockenHammer »

Where the heck was the NRA when NASA passed their rules prohibiting so much as a 3" pocket knife left in your vehicle (14 CFR 1204.1005)?
I strongly disagree with the proposed rules.

The restrictions associated with ammunition and lightning would have absurd consequences and result in an undue burden on commercial enterprises dealing with ammunition. Not only is the occupational risk extremely minor, there would be much less intrusive means to ensure safety than evacuating a building during a lightning storm and exposing individuals to the direct threat of lightning.

The restrictions associated with ammunition and firearms would also have absurd consequences to the firearm industry. Here also, there is dubious evidence of any occupational risk to precipitate such a rule.

I strongly urge you to reject these rules and reconsider occupational safety issues and their solutions in more constructive ways.

Return to “Federal”