Cruz is out.

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

dhoobler
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Cruz is out.

Post by dhoobler »

VoiceofReason wrote:Reading this thread reminds me of a self-flagellation ritual. "rlol"

Folks it is not the end of the world and we are not going to give up our guns. To repeat part of my post on page 3, we have come too far and have the majority of public opinion on our side, "I don’t think Hillary, Michael Bloomberg or anyone else can do anything to institute “meaningful gun control” except get the U.S. public “up in arms”.

No matter who is elected president, if they go too far there are provisions in the constitution for impeachment.

Whoever is elected president, we must now look a little further than gun rights to what is good for the country. The country got this screwed up because good, hard working, law abiding people kept silent and let the loudest voices and those with the most money “drive the wagon”. We need to get more involved, but we also need to be well informed about what we are getting involved with.

The country will survive no matter who is elected president. :patriot: I believe there are some rough times ahead but if we love our country we all need to work together to save it.
Regarding the enactment of meaningful gun control, I agree, but look at what happened in NOLA after Katrina. It was illegal, but it happened never the less.

Regarding the impeachment of the president, removal from office by the senate requires a two thirds vote. Unless there are 67 republican senators, no democrat president will ever be removed from office. We learned that lesson from Bill Clinton.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

dhoobler wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:Reading this thread reminds me of a self-flagellation ritual. "rlol"

Folks it is not the end of the world and we are not going to give up our guns. To repeat part of my post on page 3, we have come too far and have the majority of public opinion on our side, "I don’t think Hillary, Michael Bloomberg or anyone else can do anything to institute “meaningful gun control” except get the U.S. public “up in arms”.

No matter who is elected president, if they go too far there are provisions in the constitution for impeachment.

Whoever is elected president, we must now look a little further than gun rights to what is good for the country. The country got this screwed up because good, hard working, law abiding people kept silent and let the loudest voices and those with the most money “drive the wagon”. We need to get more involved, but we also need to be well informed about what we are getting involved with.

The country will survive no matter who is elected president. :patriot: I believe there are some rough times ahead but if we love our country we all need to work together to save it.
Regarding the enactment of meaningful gun control, I agree, but look at what happened in NOLA after Katrina. It was illegal, but it happened never the less.

Regarding the impeachment of the president, removal from office by the senate requires a two thirds vote. Unless there are 67 republican senators, no democrat president will ever be removed from office. We learned that lesson from Bill Clinton.
You've also got quite a few moderate RINOs who would never vote to convict.

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
jason812 wrote:I did my part to try to keep Obama from being elected, twice. Does that mean I blame every body that stayed home or voted 3rd party for him being elected, no. I blame the Republican party for giving us McCain and Romney. I don't blame the people that didn't want to vote for them for Obama's election. For all those that want to blame me if I don't vote for Trump, it's not a 100 percent no, for Hillary winning, do you blame those that didn't vote for McCain or Romney or do you blame the party that put them on the ballot?
The Republican Party didn't give us Trump, McCain or Romney. Registered Republican voters made that decision. People who didn't get the candidate want to blame the "establishment" and the "Party" but voters determine the candidate.

Yes, I blame anyone who sat out an election and didn't vote against Clinton and Obama and I'll do likewise with anyone who doesn't vote against Clinton II. I'll pull the lever for Trump, but I'll be voting for gun owners and the Second Amendment and against Clinton.

Chas.
I respectfully disagree with you that the voters gave us McCain or Romney. The voters chose from the options available. The republican establishment had control over who we got to choose from. The RNC also controlled the process by which the candidate was chosen, which can influence the outcome.

I think that the Trump phenomenon is backlash against the RNC. He would not have been successful but for his money and the seemingly unlimited coverage he got from the networks.

I think that one of the biggest problems with the selection of the republican candidate is that the blue states go first. I would like to change the sequence of republican primaries. Whichever state gave the biggest margin of victory in the general election to the republican candidate gets to go first.
TSRA Life Member

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:
dhoobler wrote: Regarding the impeachment of the president, removal from office by the senate requires a two thirds vote. Unless there are 67 republican senators, no democrat president will ever be removed from office. We learned that lesson from Bill Clinton.
You've also got quite a few moderate RINOs who would never vote to convict.
Good point
TSRA Life Member

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasCajun »

dhoobler wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
jason812 wrote:I did my part to try to keep Obama from being elected, twice. Does that mean I blame every body that stayed home or voted 3rd party for him being elected, no. I blame the Republican party for giving us McCain and Romney. I don't blame the people that didn't want to vote for them for Obama's election. For all those that want to blame me if I don't vote for Trump, it's not a 100 percent no, for Hillary winning, do you blame those that didn't vote for McCain or Romney or do you blame the party that put them on the ballot?
The Republican Party didn't give us Trump, McCain or Romney. Registered Republican voters made that decision. People who didn't get the candidate want to blame the "establishment" and the "Party" but voters determine the candidate.

Yes, I blame anyone who sat out an election and didn't vote against Clinton and Obama and I'll do likewise with anyone who doesn't vote against Clinton II. I'll pull the lever for Trump, but I'll be voting for gun owners and the Second Amendment and against Clinton.

Chas.
I respectfully disagree with you that the voters gave us McCain or Romney. The voters chose from the options available. The republican establishment had control over who we got to choose from. The RNC also controlled the process by which the candidate was chosen, which can influence the outcome.

I think that the Trump phenomenon is backlash against the RNC. He would not have been successful but for his money and the seemingly unlimited coverage he got from the networks.

I think that one of the biggest problems with the selection of the republican candidate is that the blue states go first. I would like to change the sequence of republican primaries. Whichever state gave the biggest margin of victory in the general election to the republican candidate gets to go first.
Actually, each state gets to decide the method by which the delegates to the national convention are awarded. The states also get to decide when they hold their primary vote (assuming there's no pending court case challenging voting laws, district apportionment, etc). If what you are saying were true, the RNC's preferred Bush, Rubio, Kasich, etc would be the presumptive nominee instead of Trump. Just as has happened this year, the voters decided to run McCain and then Romney - they just happened to be the preferred RNC choices among the other RNC choices.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

mojo84
Posts in topic: 12

Post by mojo84 »

Time to look forward by shoring up the weak congress and preparing to elect a true Constitutional Liberty minded fiscal conservative in 2020.

I'm licking my wounds while trying to look forward. It isn't easy but necessary.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

TexasCajun wrote:
dhoobler wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

Actually, each state gets to decide the method by which the delegates to the national convention are awarded. The states also get to decide when they hold their primary vote (assuming there's no pending court case challenging voting laws, district apportionment, etc). If what you are saying were true, the RNC's preferred Bush, Rubio, Kasich, etc would be the presumptive nominee instead of Trump. Just as has happened this year, the voters decided to run McCain and then Romney - they just happened to be the preferred RNC choices among the other RNC choices.
Romney's "RNC Power Grab": What Really Happened
http://www.freedomworks.org/content/rom ... y-happened

Yesterday, the Republican National Committee in Tampa adopted some changes to the rules of the national Republican Party that shift power from the state parties and the grassroots to the RNC and the GOP presidential nominee. Former Governor John Sununu of New Hampshire touted the new rules as providing “a strong governing framework” for the party over the next four years. But in fact the new rules should be very troubling and disappointing to conservative grassroots activists, because they move the national Republican Party away from being a party that is decentralized and bottom-up toward becoming one that is centralized and top-down.
TSRA Life Member

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

dhoobler wrote:
TexasCajun wrote:
dhoobler wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

Romney's "RNC Power Grab": What Really Happened
http://www.freedomworks.org/content/rom ... y-happened

Yesterday, the Republican National Committee in Tampa adopted some changes to the rules of the national Republican Party that shift power from the state parties and the grassroots to the RNC and the GOP presidential nominee. Former Governor John Sununu of New Hampshire touted the new rules as providing “a strong governing framework” for the party over the next four years. But in fact the new rules should be very troubling and disappointing to conservative grassroots activists, because they move the national Republican Party away from being a party that is decentralized and bottom-up toward becoming one that is centralized and top-down.
An opinion piece by a site that hasn't been updated in 2yrs???
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by canvasbck »

I could not disagree more with the red portion quoted above. They do not have the ability to do much legislatively (right now), but replace a staunch conservitive justice (Scalia) on SCOTUS with a flaming, gun grabbing, liberal and it's over. Imagine a world where the Heller and McDonald cases went the other way. Draconian gun control measures would spread through urban centers faster than you can down a 44 ounce soda. Once those Draconian laws are upheld by a leftist SCOTUS, the "new norm" would be devastating to the second amendment.

The pro gun lobby (NRA) is extremely effective at curbing top down gun control at the federal level. In order to prevent bottom up gun control, the second amendment being upheld as intended by the founders is crucial. NRA lobbyist don't have much sway over a city council member in Detroit, Chicago, Miami, Denver, San Francisco, ect.

Your statement of "the country will survive no matter who is elected president" assumes that the person will only be in control for 4-8 years. Given the fact that the balance of power in the Supreme Court is at stake, the next president will shape our future for a generation. If I thought that the next president would only replace Ginsburg, then I would regret losing the opportunity to swing the court more solidly in our favor, but it wouldn't affect the current balance of power. Allowing Hillary to replace Scalia would be an unmitigated disaster.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

jason812
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jason812 »

mojo84 wrote:Time to look forward by shoring up the weak congress and preparing to elect a true Constitutional Liberty minded fiscal conservative in 2020.

I'm licking my wounds while trying to look forward. It isn't easy but necessary.
I think this sums it up the best. Don't forget midterms in 2018.

Whether I vote for Trump or not is still to be determined.

Like it or not, the next 6 months should be very interesting. As a pure entertainment goes, Trump knows how to command attention.

One other thing that was mentioned to me that you can't say he absolutely won't do. Trump claims he will get all the Bernie supporters. The out there theory is that he will chose Bernie as his running mate. I personally don't see that happening but at the same time, can't say he won't either. You just don't know what you are going to get.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

If what you say is true we wouldn't have Obamacare. You may think you will keep your guns but doing so may be illegal.

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

canvasbck wrote:

I could not disagree more with the red portion quoted above. They do not have the ability to do much legislatively (right now), but replace a staunch conservitive justice (Scalia) on SCOTUS with a flaming, gun grabbing, liberal and it's over. Imagine a world where the Heller and McDonald cases went the other way. Draconian gun control measures would spread through urban centers faster than you can down a 44 ounce soda. Once those Draconian laws are upheld by a leftist SCOTUS, the "new norm" would be devastating to the second amendment.

The pro gun lobby (NRA) is extremely effective at curbing top down gun control at the federal level. In order to prevent bottom up gun control, the second amendment being upheld as intended by the founders is crucial. NRA lobbyist don't have much sway over a city council member in Detroit, Chicago, Miami, Denver, San Francisco, ect.

Your statement of "the country will survive no matter who is elected president" assumes that the person will only be in control for 4-8 years. Given the fact that the balance of power in the Supreme Court is at stake, the next president will shape our future for a generation. If I thought that the next president would only replace Ginsburg, then I would regret losing the opportunity to swing the court more solidly in our favor, but it wouldn't affect the current balance of power. Allowing Hillary to replace Scalia would be an unmitigated disaster.
It seems I am having a problem making my point understood. The country got this screwed up because the majority of the people allowed it to happen. The majority need to stop letting the minority dictate how the country will go.

Regarding the enactment of meaningful gun control, I agree, but look at what happened in NOLA after Katrina. It was illegal, but it happened never the less. It happened because the people let it happen.

Connecticut, The “Assault Weapon” Rebellion
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/townhallma ... n-n1822409

Low assault-weapon registration stats suggest low compliance with Gov. Cuomo’s landmark SAFE Act gun control law http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.2267730

Colorado Governor apologizes to sheriffs over gun control laws. http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/15/c ... trol-laws/

We must take back our country if we want it to survive. We need to stand up against those that want to give illegal immigrants equal rights including the right to vote. We need to stand up against those that want ambiguous rest rooms and those that want to limit or deny us our rights.

Those that would take over the country depend on us just posting a rant on an internet forum somewhere and not doing anything to really stop them.

You've also got quite a few moderate RINOs who would never vote to convict. Senators will do what their constituents insist they do if they want to stay in office.

Impeachment only removes a person from office and keeps them from serving again. To answer for a crime that person must be indicted or charged with a crime.

Article. I
Section. 3.
Paragraph 7

Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

By the way, at one time, part of my job was handling classified documents and code keys. I would have gone to prison for doing less than half of what Hillary has done.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Bitter Clinger »

By the way, at one time, part of my job was handling classified documents and code keys. I would have gone to prison for doing less than half of what Hillary has done.
:iagree: It is public knowledge that Information can only be transferrred from classified to unclassified through deliberate intent. The systems are physically separated. There is no question, if you read what has been published, that the ever arrogant Clintonistas were unwilling to abide by the rules for working in a classified area and after being told that they could not bring their cell phones into a secure classified area (which is standard protocol and for which a violation could get you fired and likely arrested as well) they went ahead and set-up an unsecure server that they transferred classified info to, in complete and utter disregard for the oath that they all took. But hey, it was a lot more convenient! Not just Clinton, but her whole entourage should be in prison already! If the FBI and the DOJ do not do their job and indict, that will prove that the nation is indeed no longer worthy of existing and that we have already lost the Republic! :mad5
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LSUTiger »

Never let a good crisis go to waste. I'm using it to justify a renewed firearms budget for soon to be purchases. I hate to see panic induced buying but why not get ahead of the curve?
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
:iagree: It is public knowledge that Information can only be transferrred from classified to unclassified through deliberate intent. The systems are physically separated. There is no question, if you read what has been published, that the ever arrogant Clintonistas were unwilling to abide by the rules for working in a classified area and after being told that they could not bring their cell phones into a secure classified area (which is standard protocol and for which a violation could get you fired and likely arrested as well) they went ahead and set-up an unsecure server that they transferred classified info to, in complete and utter disregard for the oath that they all took. But hey, it was a lot more convenient! Not just Clinton, but her whole entourage should be in prison already! If the FBI and the DOJ do not do their job and indict, that will prove that the nation is indeed no longer worthy of existing and that we have already lost the Republic! :mad5
I for one am not ready to give up on this country. A lot of good men have died young for it and I refuse to accept that those lives were wasted.

Since Bill was in office, I have often wondered what would happen if the president was not qualified to hold a security clearance. :headscratch "rlol"
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Return to “Federal”