Trump or Clinton--our own poll

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Trump or Clinton-Our own poll

Trump
215
94%
Clinton
13
6%
 
Total votes: 228

User avatar

dale blanker
Senior Member
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 1:49 am
Location: central Texas

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby dale blanker » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:35 am

Alf wrote:Can anyone can explain why it was acceptable for Gore to challenge the 2000 election results, and take it to court when he didn't like the results, but it's deplorable for Trump to reserve the possibility of doing likewise?

I'm not sure if this is a serious question but I'll share my recollection of that event...

Gore had conceded the election but then retracted his concession when he realized the Florida vote was so close and made the big difference in the electoral college. Calling for a recount is not unusual in many local elections. Florida did not finish a recount in a timely fashion and so the Supreme Court said "you're done" and left the Florida count in Bush's favor. This put Bush into the majority of electoral votes needed for the presidency even though Gore had won the popular majority. I believe it was later determined that a really final count in Florida would have still been in Bush's favor.

Note that Gore had not suggested the election might be rigged before the election or even after it.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time
and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts: 7888
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby mojo84 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:40 am

dale blanker wrote:
Alf wrote:Can anyone can explain why it was acceptable for Gore to challenge the 2000 election results, and take it to court when he didn't like the results, but it's deplorable for Trump to reserve the possibility of doing likewise?

I'm not sure if this is a serious question but I'll share my recollection of that event...

Gore had conceded the election but then retracted his concession when he realized the Florida vote was so close and made the big difference in the electoral college. Calling for a recount is not unusual in many local elections. Florida did not finish a recount in a timely fashion and so the Supreme Court said "you're done" and left the Florida count in Bush's favor. This put Bush into the majority of electoral votes needed for the presidency even though Gore had won the popular majority. I believe it was later determined that a really final count in Florida would have still been in Bush's favor.

Note that Gore had not suggested the election might be rigged before the election or even after it.


Gore didn't have Wikileaks and Project Veritas videos that clearly show media bias, admission of voter fraud and campaign finance crimes among other improper activities.

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts: 1678
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby Bitter Clinger » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:26 am

:anamatedbanana
dale blanker wrote:
Alf wrote:Can anyone can explain why it was acceptable for Gore to challenge the 2000 election results, and take it to court when he didn't like the results, but it's deplorable for Trump to reserve the possibility of doing likewise?

I'm not sure if this is a serious question but I'll share my recollection of that event...

Gore had conceded the election but then retracted his concession when he realized the Florida vote was so close and made the big difference in the electoral college. Calling for a recount is not unusual in many local elections. Florida did not finish a recount in a timely fashion and so the Supreme Court said "you're done" and left the Florida count in Bush's favor. This put Bush into the majority of electoral votes needed for the presidency even though Gore had won the popular majority. I believe it was later determined that a really final count in Florida would have still been in Bush's favor.

Note that Gore had not suggested the election might be rigged before the election or even after it.

Image
"You may all go to Chicago, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

User avatar

dale blanker
Senior Member
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 1:49 am
Location: central Texas

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby dale blanker » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:59 pm

Bitter Clinger wrote: :anamatedbanana
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time
and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

User avatar

snorri
Senior Member
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:45 pm
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby snorri » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:56 pm

dale blanker wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote: :anamatedbanana

:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana

User avatar

parabelum
Senior Member
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby parabelum » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:06 pm

Dancing bananas. That about summarizes this election.
III%

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts: 22860
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby The Annoyed Man » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:34 am

infoman wrote:Wow, I've been a member of this forum for many years & probably know as much or more about gun laws & General CHL/LTC than most on this forum yet I get called a "troll" & bashed for saying I'm voting a certain way. In regards to gun control, I know that neither candidate will ban owning guns, neither will "do away" with the 2nd amendment & there will most definitely be a TEXAS LTC 4 years from now. I'm also not for constitutional carry. I'm glad Texas has eligibility requirements for those wanting LTC's. I'm glad that we do thorough background checks & I'm proud to have & know others who have an LTC knowing they are law abiding citizens. Again, no one will ban the owning/carrying of handguns in Texas- no way no how. It's a state thing, the Texas legislature would have to make that call.

  1. Please support your assertion that you know more about gun laws and general CHL/LTC than "most on this forum". That has no more logical validity than my claim to know more about astronomy than most of Caltech's, MIT's, or JPL's astronomers. It's a nonsense assertion, undeserving of respect, UNLESS it can be backed up by facts. Show me the facts or retract that statement, otherwise, it's just bloviating; and that's how I'll regard your future posts......just bloviating, unsupported by facts.

  2. Go read the Federalist Papers to understand what the founders actually meant when they wrote the 2nd Amendment......not what you want it to mean.
I think you have been brainwashed about what it means to have rights versus privileges, and it is exactly because people like you think that rights ARE privileges that the free exercise of rights eventually disappears. A privilege is something that someone allows you do do or have. It's not something that is yours simply because you're a free man (or woman). Whenever you think a right is a privilege, you accede to the notion that it is something that is granted to you by gov't, rather than something which is yours merely because you breath air. In so doing, you ignore a fundamental principle of law, which ANY 1st year law student can tell you, and that is that ANY thing is by default legal, unless some anal retentive party pooper from the left comes along and makes it illegal. That's what laws do. They don't create rights, they hem them in, limiting them. Whenever someone accepts the spurious notion that the free exercise of a right is a privilege which gov't can suspend, then it is no longer a RIGHT.

The Bill of Rights isn't there to grant you those rights, it is there to restrict gov't intrusion into them; to protect them from people who think they are mere privileges, granted by gov't. The 2nd Amendment defines a right to keep and bear arms, and nowhere in its text - OR IN THE WRITINGS OF THE MEN WHO WROTE THE 2ND AMENDMENT - is it defined as restricted to one's home. That it a patently stupid idea.

And I'll add one other thing, having to do with closed minds....... I've been a member of this forum for longer than you have, and I am always learning something new, including about the Law. I've never in all that time made a claim to know more about the law than most other members here, and that speaks to a certain amount of arrogance on your part. Arrogance is one of the hallmarks of the left.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre


infoman
Senior Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 12:51 pm

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby infoman » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:15 pm

I do feel like I know a great deal about license to carry in Texas specifically & have a lot of experience to back that up. I also love that we have a license to carry (to answer Mr Cotton) & I'm proud to have one. i don't however support the idea of completely doing away with the license & just say anyone can carry anywhere anytime, regardless of their backgrounds. I'm glad we have eligibility requirements to get a license. I'm defensive cause as soon as anyone posts any opinion, political view, etc that the majority disagree with they get called a "troll". I support open carry & I support granting good law abiding people a license to carry in public. Likewise I support not allowing those with disqualifying criminal records to carry in public. Yes, there are many persons on this forum who have a great deal of knowledge & expertise. I'm just saying that I'm not brand new to this stuff & im not some random internet "troll". I actually would love to someday meet Mr Cotton, I think he does a great job with this forum. I was called a "troll" by a member who just joined the forum in early 2016, so my comments were more directed at him, I've been on here since 2009 & I've helped a ton of people & have shared my knowledge & experience with many on here.

User avatar

remanifest
Member
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:49 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby remanifest » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:35 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
infoman wrote:Wow, I've been a member of this forum for many years & probably know as much or more about gun laws & General CHL/LTC than most on this forum yet I get called a "troll" & bashed for saying I'm voting a certain way. In regards to gun control, I know that neither candidate will ban owning guns, neither will "do away" with the 2nd amendment & there will most definitely be a TEXAS LTC 4 years from now. I'm also not for constitutional carry. I'm glad Texas has eligibility requirements for those wanting LTC's. I'm glad that we do thorough background checks & I'm proud to have & know others who have an LTC knowing they are law abiding citizens. Again, no one will ban the owning/carrying of handguns in Texas- no way no how. It's a state thing, the Texas legislature would have to make that call.

  1. Please support your assertion that you know more about gun laws and general CHL/LTC than "most on this forum". That has no more logical validity than my claim to know more about astronomy than most of Caltech's, MIT's, or JPL's astronomers. It's a nonsense assertion, undeserving of respect, UNLESS it can be backed up by facts. Show me the facts or retract that statement, otherwise, it's just bloviating; and that's how I'll regard your future posts......just bloviating, unsupported by facts.

  2. Go read the Federalist Papers to understand what the founders actually meant when they wrote the 2nd Amendment......not what you want it to mean.
I think you have been brainwashed about what it means to have rights versus privileges, and it is exactly because people like you think that rights ARE privileges that the free exercise of rights eventually disappears. A privilege is something that someone allows you do do or have. It's not something that is yours simply because you're a free man (or woman). Whenever you think a right is a privilege, you accede to the notion that it is something that is granted to you by gov't, rather than something which is yours merely because you breath air. In so doing, you ignore a fundamental principle of law, which ANY 1st year law student can tell you, and that is that ANY thing is by default legal, unless some anal retentive party pooper from the left comes along and makes it illegal. That's what laws do. They don't create rights, they hem them in, limiting them. Whenever someone accepts the spurious notion that the free exercise of a right is a privilege which gov't can suspend, then it is no longer a RIGHT.

The Bill of Rights isn't there to grant you those rights, it is there to restrict gov't intrusion into them; to protect them from people who think they are mere privileges, granted by gov't. The 2nd Amendment defines a right to keep and bear arms, and nowhere in its text - OR IN THE WRITINGS OF THE MEN WHO WROTE THE 2ND AMENDMENT - is it defined as restricted to one's home. That it a patently stupid idea.

And I'll add one other thing, having to do with closed minds....... I've been a member of this forum for longer than you have, and I am always learning something new, including about the Law. I've never in all that time made a claim to know more about the law than most other members here, and that speaks to a certain amount of arrogance on your part. Arrogance is one of the hallmarks of the left.

Wow - probably one of the best posts I've read on this forum. Thank you for an articulate & logical refutation of the points in the post you quoted.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts: 8357
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby Beiruty » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:12 pm

infoman wrote:I do feel like I know a great deal about license to carry in Texas specifically & have a lot of experience to back that up. I also love that we have a license to carry (to answer Mr Cotton) & I'm proud to have one. i don't however support the idea of completely doing away with the license & just say anyone can carry anywhere anytime, regardless of their backgrounds. I'm glad we have eligibility requirements to get a license. I'm defensive cause as soon as anyone posts any opinion, political view, etc that the majority disagree with they get called a "troll". I support open carry & I support granting good law abiding people a license to carry in public. Likewise I support not allowing those with disqualifying criminal records to carry in public. Yes, there are many persons on this forum who have a great deal of knowledge & expertise. I'm just saying that I'm not brand new to this stuff & im not some random internet "troll". I actually would love to someday meet Mr Cotton, I think he does a great job with this forum. I was called a "troll" by a member who just joined the forum in early 2016, so my comments were more directed at him, I've been on here since 2009 & I've helped a ton of people & have shared my knowledge & experience with many on here.


You are entitled to your opinions, but do not kid yourself. Hilary is as anti-gun as they do come. Her come sense measures are to ban anything but Muzzle loaders, single shot (or 3 rds) bolt rifle, 7-rds single stack pistols, and limited number of ammo per month and background check to buy ammo and ammo has to be registered too. Cooling off period for firearms acquisition. No online firearm purchase. Background check for any gun transfer even from your papa to you. Since out of store transfer background check does NOT work, it is common sense to register all firearms in the nation. You know for toddler safety, you need to store all firearms, unloaded and secured in a safe. (Your 4thA Infringement, being safe and secure at home is gone). 30% or more Tax on Ammo and Firearms, just to help the victims of so called gun violence. Nonetheless, gangs are still armed and would still be armed and still commit 80% of all so called gun violence. Anyone who believes that Hillary is supporter of 2ndA is totally an idiot.

Oh BTW, who cares about the 20,000 who would commit suicide each year. Mental treatment is not a priority for Hilary, gun control is the solution.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment member

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts: 8357
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby Beiruty » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:20 pm

dale blanker wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote: :anamatedbanana

Image
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment member

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts: 8357
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby Beiruty » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:24 pm

Trump supporter :shock: :shock:
Image
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment member

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts: 22860
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby The Annoyed Man » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:40 am

surprise-poll-results.png
This surprises me
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre


jason812
Senior Member
Posts: 511
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby jason812 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:18 am

infoman wrote:I do feel like I know a great deal about license to carry in Texas specifically & have a lot of experience to back that up. I also love that we have a license to carry (to answer Mr Cotton) & I'm proud to have one. i don't however support the idea of completely doing away with the license & just say anyone can carry anywhere anytime, regardless of their backgrounds. I'm glad we have eligibility requirements to get a license. I'm defensive cause as soon as anyone posts any opinion, political view, etc that the majority disagree with they get called a "troll". I support open carry & I support granting good law abiding people a license to carry in public. Likewise I support not allowing those with disqualifying criminal records to carry in public. Yes, there are many persons on this forum who have a great deal of knowledge & expertise. I'm just saying that I'm not brand new to this stuff & im not some random internet "troll". I actually would love to someday meet Mr Cotton, I think he does a great job with this forum. I was called a "troll" by a member who just joined the forum in early 2016, so my comments were more directed at him, I've been on here since 2009 & I've helped a ton of people & have shared my knowledge & experience with many on here.


You may know a lot about the law. That doesn't mean you fully support the 2A. In fact, one of your posts in which you say you support strict gun control laws has been deleted and I cannot find it. Also, you still have not answered any question as to why Hillary has any qualifications other than the standard ones set forth in the Constitution, to be president.

I did find this gem in searching for your posts on this forum and I think this pretty much speaks for itself.

infoman wrote:2nd amendment is about people owning guns in their own homes.


http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=86188&p=1113941#p1113941 Just so you know I'm not putting words in your mouth.

Your only come back in any discussion when somebody questions your motives or your thought process is "I know more about the LTC law than most"

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2709
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby bblhd672 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:33 am

Image
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“What ‘gun law’ would have prevented the Sutherland Springs church massacre? Or the Las Vegas massacre?"


Return to “Federal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests