Trump or Clinton--our own poll

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Trump or Clinton-Our own poll

Trump
215
94%
Clinton
13
6%
 
Total votes: 228

User avatar

Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts: 1678
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby Bitter Clinger » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:52 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
surprise-poll-results.png


Wonder if this will surprise those Hitlery voters?:

Per 18 USC Ch. 101 field-end:cite : RECORDS AND REPORTS:

(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.
"You may all go to Chicago, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby bblhd672 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:00 am

Image
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“What ‘gun law’ would have prevented the Sutherland Springs church massacre? Or the Las Vegas massacre?"

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts: 22858
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby The Annoyed Man » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:25 am

Bitter Clinger wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
surprise-poll-results.png


Wonder if this will surprise those Hitlery voters?:

Per 18 USC Ch. 101 field-end:cite : RECORDS AND REPORTS:

(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.

We'll see. I voted this morning. Trump/Pence for POTUS/VPOTUS, and a mixture of republican and libertarian in the down-ballot. We voted at the Grapevine Rec Center, and I was surprised to find that there were no paper ballots available for early voting. I was told they are only available on election day. I asked if they have had any issues with the machines changing votes, and was told (don't know if true or not) that all of the incidents of incorrectly recorded votes on the machines had turned out to be operator error, and that if you pay attention, your ballot will be correct. The guy told me that you can always correct your selections right up to the moment when you press the "cast ballot" button. He turned out to be correct about that feature. Once I figured out how to use the machine (which was of a type I'd never seen before but truly wasn't that difficult to use), it went fairly quickly. Towards the end, I was presented with a page that showed me a list of all of my selections, giving me a chance to verify them BEFORE I pressed the "Cast Ballot" button. If any of them were not correct, I had the opportunity to use a "go back" button to change them.

Now, I can't testify as to the security of the data once it's collected, but frankly, one can't testify as to the security of our paper ballots either, once they've been collected. A bad person is going to find a way to falsify the data, whether it is digital or on paper. So I think the solution there is to thoroughly vet the integrity of those people who will be handling and/or guarding over the votes until they are tabulated, and the integrity of those who count the votes. That integrity has to be backed up with harsh prison terms for violating the trust......and there are precious few people in prison for vote fraud these days - because democrats don't think they should have to serve time for engaging in their time-honored "best practices". That said....... Perhaps my opinion is unfair, and if it is, I certainly don't mean to offend anyone........but I think that the voting errors with the digital machines are going to turn out to be like the "hanging chad" thing, and a LOT of that particular fiasco had to do with the intellectual competence of the voter.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre

User avatar

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16583
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:55 pm

I have to admit that I haven't been following this thread and I now regret it. I'm shocked at some of the personal attacks against members who say they are voting for Hillary. That's a direct violation of our rules. We are not an echo chamber as are some forums.

Stop now.
Chas.
Image

User avatar

dale blanker
Senior Member
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 1:49 am
Location: central Texas

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby dale blanker » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:13 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:I voted this morning. Trump/Pence for POTUS/VPOTUS, and a mixture of republican and libertarian in the down-ballot.

TAM, I can imagine the reasons for your vote but I would be interested in hearing them from you. I've seen some of your thoughts about the election and am a little surprised with your final selection and report. Did you receive the Divine Guidance that you had hoped for?

By the way we voted by mail last week. Very convenient and I attached a chip to my ballot so that I can track it.

I won't say exactly for whom I voted but I did vote mostly Republican! :cheers2:
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time
and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

User avatar

parabelum
Senior Member
Posts: 1835
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby parabelum » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:53 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I have to admit that I haven't been following this thread and I now regret it. I'm shocked at some of the personal attacks against members who say they are voting for Hillary. That's a direct violation of our rules. We are not an echo chamber as are some forums.

Stop now.
Chas.


Charles,

Speaking strictly for myself here, some remarks I made here which might have been on personal side came as result of what I perceived to be a deliberate provocation by some to bash Trump without any substantive argument to support the opposing viewpoint.

In my opinion, Trump bashing was done solely to provoke and not to engage in a mature dialog, as several members here have tried to demonstrate ad nauseum why Trump is a better choice etc. in this and in other threads, as flawed as he may be.

It is always the same one or two folks who start the bash train, aim to provoke in a passive aggressive manner the forum majority, then when the fire is lit they stand back, arms crossed, hat tilted slightly and with the straw hanging from their mouth they cry foul how they are appalled as to how they are treated.

I offer a gentlemans apology, but, can we not at least draw a line in sand with Trump bashing until at least November 9'th?

Once we get him elected, we will hold his feet to fire big time, but that despicable treasonous lying witch must not get into WH.
III%

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts: 22858
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby The Annoyed Man » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:38 pm

dale blanker wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I voted this morning. Trump/Pence for POTUS/VPOTUS, and a mixture of republican and libertarian in the down-ballot.

TAM, I can imagine the reasons for your vote but I would be interested in hearing them from you. I've seen some of your thoughts about the election and am a little surprised with your final selection and report. Did you receive the Divine Guidance that you had hoped for?

By the way we voted by mail last week. Very convenient and I attached a chip to my ballot so that I can track it.

I won't say exactly for whom I voted but I did vote mostly Republican! :cheers2:

Yes, I did receive that guidance, and the choice became clear. But I still wasn't entirely comfortable with it until Trump's policy speech of last week, in which he clearly and succinctly stated his 100 day plan. That was about as close to a home run as Trump has hit all season. Now I'm not naive, and I know that, as often as not, plans do not survive first contact with the enemy, and if Trump wins, he'll have to deal with an antagonistic Paul Ryan as Speaker......and that may possibly derail some of his plan. But at least I now know what Trump's intentions are. He was not all that clear about it previously, and I discounted two of the three debates as being nothing more than gotcha sessions for the media, and he wasn't that specific in the third debate. And I remain somewhat troubled by Trump's personal moral issues. OTH, I admit that the lamestream media is pumping that aspect for all it's worth, because they are terrified of having to cover a Trump White House with the loss of access to which they will have condemned themselves by being so overtly partisan in their coverage. Furthermore, one of Trump's best selling points is Mike Pence. Let's see......something terrible happens to POTUS, and we can either have Pence or Kaine. That's a no-brainer. First of all, Pence is smart, honest, moral, and personable. And, Kaine is none of those things. He's not qualified to be dog catcher. For the life of me, I can't figure out how he made the ticket. It's like they went out of their way to pick some howdy-doody who wouldn't outshine Clinton, because she's so bad that she's easy to outshine. I wouldn't hire Kaine to pick up after my dog. Heck, even crazy old Uncle Joe Biden is more qualified than Kaine......and my dog is a lot smarter than Biden.

To me, Trump is still not the ideal candidate. But, I have no other choice but to take him at his word about SCOTUS appointments, and I think that, more than anything, is what will define the next 25 years.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby Pawpaw » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:06 pm

Image
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby bblhd672 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:45 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I have to admit that I haven't been following this thread and I now regret it. I'm shocked at some of the personal attacks against members who say they are voting for Hillary. That's a direct violation of our rules. We are not an echo chamber as are some forums.

Stop now.
Chas.


I apologize to you sir if any of my responses are included in what you are talking about.

I will no longer respond to other forum members posts that I disagree with their opinions.

The information and camaraderie on this forum is too important to me to lose access to over this election. We're all going to need each other's support in the coming days, regardless of the outcome of November 8th.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“What ‘gun law’ would have prevented the Sutherland Springs church massacre? Or the Las Vegas massacre?"

User avatar

dale blanker
Senior Member
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 1:49 am
Location: central Texas

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby dale blanker » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:30 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
dale blanker wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I voted this morning. Trump/Pence for POTUS/VPOTUS, and a mixture of republican and libertarian in the down-ballot.

TAM, I can imagine the reasons for your vote but I would be interested in hearing them from you. I've seen some of your thoughts about the election and am a little surprised with your final selection and report. Did you receive the Divine Guidance that you had hoped for?

By the way we voted by mail last week. Very convenient and I attached a chip to my ballot so that I can track it.

I won't say exactly for whom I voted but I did vote mostly Republican! :cheers2:

Yes, I did receive that guidance, and the choice became clear. But I still wasn't entirely comfortable with it until Trump's policy speech of last week, in which he clearly and succinctly stated his 100 day plan. That was about as close to a home run as Trump has hit all season. Now I'm not naive, and I know that, as often as not, plans do not survive first contact with the enemy, and if Trump wins, he'll have to deal with an antagonistic Paul Ryan as Speaker......and that may possibly derail some of his plan. But at least I now know what Trump's intentions are. He was not all that clear about it previously, and I discounted two of the three debates as being nothing more than gotcha sessions for the media, and he wasn't that specific in the third debate. And I remain somewhat troubled by Trump's personal moral issues. OTH, I admit that the lamestream media is pumping that aspect for all it's worth, because they are terrified of having to cover a Trump White House with the loss of access to which they will have condemned themselves by being so overtly partisan in their coverage. Furthermore, one of Trump's best selling points is Mike Pence. Let's see......something terrible happens to POTUS, and we can either have Pence or Kaine. That's a no-brainer. First of all, Pence is smart, honest, moral, and personable. And, Kaine is none of those things. He's not qualified to be dog catcher. For the life of me, I can't figure out how he made the ticket. It's like they went out of their way to pick some howdy-doody who wouldn't outshine Clinton, because she's so bad that she's easy to outshine. I wouldn't hire Kaine to pick up after my dog. Heck, even crazy old Uncle Joe Biden is more qualified than Kaine......and my dog is a lot smarter than Biden.

To me, Trump is still not the ideal candidate. But, I have no other choice but to take him at his word about SCOTUS appointments, and I think that, more than anything, is what will define the next 25 years.

Thanks for your perspective... as usual well informed and thoughtful. I appreciate your views and am anxious to understand all points of view in this crazy election. :tiphat:
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time
and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain


n5wd
Senior Member
Posts: 1593
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:16 am
Location: Ponder, TX

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby n5wd » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:41 pm

Pawpaw wrote:
n5wd wrote:Why does everyone keep repeating the "fact" that Trump is self-funding his campaign. He's not. I keep getting two or three "Emergency Fund Requests" from The Donald each week.

I did not know anyone was still saying that. He self-funded up to the primary. Once he secured the nomination, he started accepting other funding, just like everyone else has done.


See the 2nd post in this thread. Yeah, it's in a long list, but if we're gonna make claims...

And I still hear some of his supporters making that point. Apparently they're not on the county Republican (snail mail) mailling list like I am.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member, Texas CHL Instructor
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby Pawpaw » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:22 pm

n5wd wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
n5wd wrote:Why does everyone keep repeating the "fact" that Trump is self-funding his campaign. He's not. I keep getting two or three "Emergency Fund Requests" from The Donald each week.

I did not know anyone was still saying that. He self-funded up to the primary. Once he secured the nomination, he started accepting other funding, just like everyone else has done.


See the 2nd post in this thread. Yeah, it's in a long list, but if we're gonna make claims...

And I still hear some of his supporters making that point. Apparently they're not on the county Republican (snail mail) mailling list like I am.

When was that jpeg created? I really don't know, but that might have a bearing.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


JerryK
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby JerryK » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:04 pm

Edited so I don't (offend) some and hurt their feelings on this board. Those 12 should be...


The Ugly Reality of America


Before every election in recent times the usual mantra of screamers show up with their threats to move to Canada if the election goes the "wrong" way. I'll note that there's never been any evidence that any of said screamers have actually emigrated (anywhere) when their preferred candidate has lost, by the way. Miley Cyrus, pack your bags (you know she won't.)

But this election has been a bit different. I don't recall ever hearing people talk openly about, well, less-civil remedies than picking up and leaving. But during this election season I have overhead such things.

Let's cut the crap on that, eh? A nation has the right vote itself into ruin, and neither I or you have have a right to overturn such a decision by force.

Yes, if Hillary is elected, then the nation will have voted itself into ruin. This is a woman who has clearly broken the law as Secretary of State, she has literally erected the middle finger at both Congress and the FBI on national television, intentionally and falsely stating that the FBI found she did "nothing wrong."

She has covered for President Obama who also lied about her "private" email server and his knowledge of same, which we now know due to the leak of Podesta's emails. And by the way, any of those emails from the "big cloud" people can be shown to be authentic because many of them have DKIM keys associated with them that will not validate if the text is tampered with. The reason Podesta has not said the emails are in fact false is that he knows they're real and he probably knows that can be proved, too.

This is a woman who has intentionally, knowingly and repeatedly sold this nation and its secrets to the highest bidder, many of whom are both foreign and have foreign and domestic policies that are anathema to what America stands for. These are nations that have no respect for woman and do not even allow them a driver license, that imprison or even murder gay people, and who have been complicit (or worse) in acts of international terrorism. The "deals" include selling a material percentage of United States uranium resources to Russia. This is a woman who during her time as Secretary of State ruined two nations (Libya and Syria), literally, appears to have conspired to illegally arm rebels in foreign lands (which I remind you got Oliver North in a ton of trouble) and when that went sideways her actions and inactions -- both intentional -- got Ambassador Stevens killed, probably because if he lived and talked she was going to prison for the rest of her life.

Her "private server" was set up for the simple reason that Hillary was interested in attempting to evade FOIA requests in the future, which stands as proof of criminal intent in the first instance. That records were destroyed after requests for them had been made and even after subpoenas were issued is now known fact, and such an act is a federal offense (obstruction of justice.) To merely decide on your own what is and is not a work record and thus subject to government requirements is standing alone impermissible; such a decision is simply not within your sphere of control as a government employee.

As further evidence of her malfeasance and intentional activity stands the fact that the server was insecure and incompetent people were running it. Why? Because nobody who is competent and/or had the necessary experience to the job well and correctly would accept it (like myself), since nobody with actual competence would be so star-struck as to ignore the very real risk of going to prison simply for the "benefit" of said association and/or contract.

We have since discovered that none of this was accident, none of this was a surprise, Podesta was well-aware of all of it long before the primaries and in fact was going bananas over Obama's denial of knowledge. Further, we now know that the campaign coordinated activity with so-called "independent" SuperPacs, by the on-video admission of those who did so -- a further violation of federal law, and said persons have stated that Hillary herself approved their actions.

And now, just yesterday, we discovered that Weiner, the husband of Clinton's top aide, apparently had some of those emails on a machine seized by the FBI as part of a "sexting" investigation linking him to an underage girl. May I remind you that transport of any sensitive information to unauthorized places and devices owned by said persons is illegal? The outrageous national security risk of placing said data in the hands of someone who apparently has committed a serious offense involving sex and minors, which by definition places said data where it can be exposed to our national enemies through blackmail, is exactly why those laws and regulations exist and why everyone who violates them must be prosecuted without exception and the FBI's refusal to do so previously must be reversed -- even if your name is "Clinton", and even if it is less than two weeks before an election!

None of this is "small ball", "normal" political animus or inconsequential. There was actual violence at some of those rallies, one was prevented from occurring entirely (what is the First Amendment, folks?) and there was nothing spontaneous about any of it -- it was all engineered, paid for and sponsored by Clinton, Inc. from the first act onward.

That there is even 10% of the voting-age population of this nation that can contemplate placing this woman in the White House is frightening. We already know that the First Amendment will die on the day of her inauguration; she's already proved this by intentionally silencing political dissent through paid thugs committing violence during the campaign. We know the Second Amendment will die next, and that foreign influence, including muslim radicals, will further infiltrate our government, our way of life and our nation. In addition she has the entirety of social media and the press covering for her; from the day of her inauguration forward your Facebook activity, Twitter, Instagram and everything else will be scoured, exactly as has been done with Yahoo's services under "secret wraps" (but recently disclosed) and used against you. All that "convenience" you thought you were getting with the Silicon Valley wonderkind in your pocket will turn into the very weapon that destroys both your freedom and, quite possibly, your life.

This is not about the difference between Democrat and Republican; we can have a very raw political discussion about socialism .vs. capitalism, about health care and how we pay for it, about the monopolist influences therein (and whether they're good or bad, and if bad by how much), about abortion, gay rights, guns, or whatever. That debate is part and parcel of a representative republic and within the framework of the Constitution, and its means of amendment, it's all valid.

No, this is about selling the United States to sworn enemies of our Constitution who cut off heads, throw people off buildings, prevent women from driving and imprison women who have the temerity to choose who they love or simply wish to walk outside with more than their eyes and fingers visible beyond clothing. It is about a political machine and family that has sold our State Department to said persons, sold off uranium interests in exchange for "donations" to Russia, destroyed two nations, gotten an ambassador killed, armed jihadis through their own ineptitude by circumventing federal law that prohibited said shipments in the first place and more, then attempted to cover it all up by using a private communications setup designed to conceal what they were doing from the checks and balances built into the Federal Government's structure.

It is, arguably, about Treason. REAL Treason, not the namby-pamby misuse of the term that often flies around the Internet and elsewhere.

Folks, if the people of this nation vote to destroy themselves then I have no right to declare that they're wrong. You have a right to vote to die -- as a nation, as a body politic and as a person.

In less than two weeks we're going to find out if this nation will commit seppuku for real, in real time, on television. We will get to watch as the results come in, and discover whether the people of this nation are actually going to ritually disembowel themselves and the nation itself.

That we're actually in a position where it can happen at the voting booth is the frightening part. That a material percentage of this nation's population hates not only itself but America as a country and what this nation stands for that such a woman was nominated for President by a major national party is proof positive that America no longer deserves to be the beacon of anything on this planet.

We will either repudiate or confirm that judgement, as a nation, in less than two weeks.

Choose wisely.


2farnorth
Senior Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:35 pm
Location: Leonard, Tx

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby 2farnorth » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:23 am

JerryK, that was a well written factual piece. I agree with 99%. If the election is in fact the honest will of the voters, you are right. We have no recourse. BUT if it is as it appears...crooked, rigged with multi vote voters, vote machine tampering, and "found" lost ballots then we retain the right to reject the outcome. :tiphat:
N5PNZ


2farnorth
Senior Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:35 pm
Location: Leonard, Tx

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Postby 2farnorth » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:33 am

n5wd wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
n5wd wrote:Why does everyone keep repeating the "fact" that Trump is self-funding his campaign. He's not. I keep getting two or three "Emergency Fund Requests" from The Donald each week.

I did not know anyone was still saying that. He self-funded up to the primary. Once he secured the nomination, he started accepting other funding, just like everyone else has done.


See the 2nd post in this thread. Yeah, it's in a long list, but if we're gonna make claims...

And I still hear some of his supporters making that point. Apparently they're not on the county Republican (snail mail) mailling list like I am.


Yep. I get 10 or more emails a day from the republcan party and from the Trump campaign. Every one of them want money.
N5PNZ


Return to “Federal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests