Poll Watch 2016

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Poll Watch 2016

Post by treadlightly »

Very nervous. Going to my safe space, the one I bought at Cabela's. Need comforting. There's a wonderful old Series 70 I wouldn't mind being buried with, just so I could say no one pried it out of my cold, dead hands.

That old Colt needs a little therapeutic cleaning. Might take my mind off the stress.

Topic author
Skiprr
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Skiprr »

And...guess what? For those of you running MS Windows, Microsoft has pushed an important update tonight. If, like me, you opted for the free Windows 10 upgrade and was surprised to find you went from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Home--and therefore no longer have approval control over when your PC restarts to apply updates--go into your system settings and make sure your 12-hour "active" hours range is set late enough so that your system doesn't shut down without your intervention this evening while you monitor the election results. :totap:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

Skiprr wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Florida is bouncing back and fourth. Looks like it's going to be close.
What troubles me here is that the first returns, which included the early voters, had Trump leading by almost 19%. Typically, it's the Dems who vote most strongly early. I'm not likin' the trending.

And no one say "hanging chads."

I agree. I was very surprised to see he had a big lead in Florida at the beginning.

I noticed the Times map is running a few minutes behind Fox. They are not as quick at updating or calling the races.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Election results aromatherapy: pour a little Hoppe's No. 9 Solvent in several bowls and set them in various places around the room where you're watching the TV.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?

Topic author
Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Here come the big 8:00 p.m. Eastern poll closings...

Topic author
Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Projections:

Trump: MO, MS, TN, OK

Clinton: IL, NJ, MA, MD, DE, DC

Topic author
Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Rhode Island called for Clinton. Clinton with slight lead on total electoral votes if the result evaluations so far are accurate.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 12

Post by carlson1 »

Fox News calls Alabama for Trump.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Florida too close to call.....just 4,000 votes apart.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Florida too close to call.....just 4,000 votes apart.
I think the only thing we having going for us there is that the Central time zone counties are just coming in, and they're historically Republican. But the major population centers are, of course, elsewhere. And...we wait.

But at least Rubio kept his Senate seat. That's a pretty big deal.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 56

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Well, I just got a ticket tonight. I need a trump win to balance this out.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 3

Post by locke_n_load »

Florida... So close.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 25

Post by anygunanywhere »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Well, I just got a ticket tonight. I need a trump win to balance this out.
:cryin for ya brother. Get a lawyer.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Skiprr wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Florida too close to call.....just 4,000 votes apart.
I think the only thing we having going for us there is that the Central time zone counties are just coming in, and they're historically Republican. But the major population centers are, of course, elsewhere. And...we wait.

But at least Rubio kept his Senate seat. That's a pretty big deal.
The NYT has an interactive page going, which has something interesting..... the states that the NYT is giving Clinton the lead in have <1% of the vote counted, whereas the states "leaning" trump have more than 50% of the vote in already.......and we're talking about states in the same time zones.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 56

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Skiprr wrote:And...guess what? For those of you running MS Windows, Microsoft has pushed an important update tonight. If, like me, you opted for the free Windows 10 upgrade and was surprised to find you went from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Home--and therefore no longer have approval control over when your PC restarts to apply updates--go into your system settings and make sure your 12-hour "active" hours range is set late enough so that your system doesn't shut down without your intervention this evening while you monitor the election results. :totap:
Ubuntu Gnome and Lubuntu here :biggrinjester:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “Federal”