Hearing Protection Act of 2017

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hearing Protection Act of 2017

Post by vjallen75 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:7 more cosponsors added yesterday. Up to 68 now with 2 more from Texas; Rep. Marchant, Kenny [R-TX-24] and Rep. Williams, Roger [R-TX-25]
I emailed Rep Marchant a few months ago when I first found out this bill was set to be sent to the house. His reply stated he would co-sponsor the bill.

:anamatedbanana
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Mxrdad »

vjallen75 wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:7 more cosponsors added yesterday. Up to 68 now with 2 more from Texas; Rep. Marchant, Kenny [R-TX-24] and Rep. Williams, Roger [R-TX-25]
I emailed Rep Marchant a few months ago when I first found out this bill was set to be sent to the house. His reply stated he would co-sponsor the bill.

:thumbs2: Good job sir!
Just some guy's opinion.

jason812
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jason812 »

My response from sending Roger Williams a thank you letter. I'm seeing a pattern in the responses but at least we are getting responses.
Dear Mr. Jason812,

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinions on H.R. 367, the Hearing Protection Act of 2017. As your representative, I appreciate your comments and I welcome this opportunity to respond.

As you are aware, H.R. 367 was introduced by Representative Jeff Duncan of South Carolina on January 9, 2017. After its introduction, this legislation was referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means. If enacted, this legislation would amend the Internal Revenue Code to eliminate the transfer tax on firearm silencers. Further, this bill would preempt state or local laws that tax or regulate firearm silencers. I am proud to be a co-sponsor of this piece of legislation and look forward to seeing this common sense solution enacted.

Please know I will monitor this legislation and keep your views in mind as Congress takes action in the future. I take great pride in representing the 25th District of Texas and it is an honor to be your voice in Washington.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Mxrdad »

jason812 wrote:My response from sending Roger Williams a thank you letter. I'm seeing a pattern in the responses but at least we are getting responses.
Dear Mr. Jason812,

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinions on H.R. 367, the Hearing Protection Act of 2017. As your representative, I appreciate your comments and I welcome this opportunity to respond.

As you are aware, H.R. 367 was introduced by Representative Jeff Duncan of South Carolina on January 9, 2017. After its introduction, this legislation was referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means. If enacted, this legislation would amend the Internal Revenue Code to eliminate the transfer tax on firearm silencers. Further, this bill would preempt state or local laws that tax or regulate firearm silencers. I am proud to be a co-sponsor of this piece of legislation and look forward to seeing this common sense solution enacted.

Please know I will monitor this legislation and keep your views in mind as Congress takes action in the future. I take great pride in representing the 25th District of Texas and it is an honor to be your voice in Washington.
WOW. That is a very nice response and how a Rep should view his position. I mean, we put em there. Top Notch.
Just some guy's opinion.

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 34

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Keep it up guys! Keep contacting your reps!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Really hoping this gets legs...

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 10

Post by TreyHouston »

AndyC wrote:Silencerco CEO: ATF Won’t Fight Hearing Protection Act

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/ ... ction-act/
Interesting read, same with the comments, they are all for it, just make some interesting points. I think this has a very good chance of passing. I wouldn't count on prices lowering for the first year though.... but then again... who knows
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Really hoping this gets legs...

Me too, my ears are sensitive and I don't want to blow my eardrums because of an eventual burglar.
Supressors should be available on amazon.com and not handled via special government allowance and the associated fees.
:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

jkurtz

Post by jkurtz »

TreyHouston wrote:
AndyC wrote:Silencerco CEO: ATF Won’t Fight Hearing Protection Act

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/ ... ction-act/
Interesting read, same with the comments, they are all for it, just make some interesting points. I think this has a very good chance of passing. I wouldn't count on prices lowering for the first year though.... but then again... who knows
They would be at least $200 cheaper.

jason812
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jason812 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Really hoping this gets legs...
Me too along with a head, tail, and body in the form of a complete a abolishment of the NFA.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

vjallen75 wrote:

I sent Marchant an email a few days ago asking the same thing. Haven't heard back from him yet.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by canvasbck »

Admittedly, I surround myself with a lot of like minded individuals. I was having a hard time coming up with arguments that the left could make AGAINST this bill. Suppressors do not make firearms any more or less efficient in the context of being killing machines. As someone with firearm related hearing loss, I couldn't think of a single reason why suppressors should be as restricted as they currently are. So, I went out and looked for articles arguing against this bill. Here's what I found (WARNING, some of these articles may cause permanent IQ loss):

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik ... story.html

http://lawnewz.com/opinion/gop-introduc ... n-law-yet/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/gu ... 0d6cddae90

Remember some of the excrement in these arguments the next time you hear a lefty say the words "common sense compromises on gun violence" :banghead:
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Return to “Federal”