What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
paperchunker
Posts in topic: 2

Pentagon nominee says insane for civilians to own semi-auto

Post by paperchunker »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11 ... apons.html
I may get in trouble with other members of the committee just say how insane it is that in the United States of America a civilian can go out and buy a semi-automatic like an AR-15, which apparently was the weapon that was used,” Winslow said. “I think that's an issue not as much for this committee, but elsewhere
Tell me again how Republicans are better... :mad5
NRA/LTC Instructor
NRA Patriot Life- Endowment Member

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Pentagon nominee says insane for civilians to own semi-auto

Post by bmwrdr »

Many may share my opinion by saying it is insane having government officials neglecting their duty by not registering offenders as required to prevent those "insane" or "criminals" to aquire a firearm.
I hope there are consequences and nobody will be excused for negligence, they are paid to do their job.
Just my $.02.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

paperchunker wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11 ... apons.html
I may get in trouble with other members of the committee just say how insane it is that in the United States of America a civilian can go out and buy a semi-automatic like an AR-15, which apparently was the weapon that was used,” Winslow said. “I think that's an issue not as much for this committee, but elsewhere
Former AF officer attempting to deflect criticism for his branch's failure to prevent the shooter from legally purchasing firearms?
Also, never assume a senior military officer cares much for your freedom. Many of them rose to their ranks by kissing Obama's ring.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Pawpaw »

bblhd672 wrote:
paperchunker wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11 ... apons.html
Former AF officer attempting to deflect criticism for his branch's failure to prevent the shooter from legally purchasing firearms?
Also, never assume a senior military officer cares much for your freedom. Many of them rose to their ranks by kissing Obama's ring.
:iagree:

Enlisted personnel tend to be overwhelmingly Republican. Officers, not so much.

Besides, this guy is a professor at Stanford University. What did you expect?

I do agree, though. I'm fully invested in the VA healthcare system now. I don't want anyone with that much contempt for my civil rights running it.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Pawpaw wrote:Besides, this guy is a professor at Stanford University. What did you expect?
Strike 2, professor at a institution of higher indoctrination in the communist enclave of Kalifornia.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Petition at White House website for President Trump to withdraw the nomination. Please sign if you agree.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... th-affairs

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Pawpaw »

bblhd672 wrote:Petition at White House website for President Trump to withdraw the nomination. Please sign if you agree.

Signed. Thank you.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bmwrdr »

bblhd672 wrote:Petition at White House website for President Trump to withdraw the nomination. Please sign if you agree.

Signed and confirmed.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Vol Texan »

Signed and confirmed. Thank you.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

When I joined the Army I swore an oath to defend the Constitution. Does the Air Force release their folks from this oath when they leave service? I know that I was never released from mine.

This guy should has shown a complete disregard for the U.S. Constitution and he should be ineligible from ever holding public office, IMHO.

thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

bmwrdr wrote:Snip...I hope there are consequences and nobody will be excused for negligence, they are paid to do their job... Snip
A quote from the same article linked by the OP:
“It’s a combination of laziness and people being overworked,” a former Air Force Office of Special Investigations agent told Fox News.
Maybe if they disciplined and/or fired the lazy ones, then the rest of them might not be so overworked!!! :banghead:

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Signed and confirmed.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

oljames3 wrote:

Signed and confirmed.
Thanks to all who signed. Also, please distribute the petition's URL to all the social media sites that you frequent.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Signed and confirmed. Thanks for posting. :patriot:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Signed and confirmed.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “Federal”