Giuliani on "gun control"... Thoughts?

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

How do you feel?

I agree. This will prevent morons from acquiring arms.
4%
I disagree. This is an infringment of my 2A rights.
85%
Tough call... I agree with both of those points.
10%

Total votes: 48

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jimlongley »

wo5m wrote:I don't think it would work. As others have said the more your restrict guns the more criminal get them illegally just like drugs.

However, it only people licenses are allowed to buy guns, then we should have over-the-counter gun sales for people with licenses. No additional background checks, No waiting periods, no additional paper work. Somehow I don't see it happening.
The heck with just over the counter, I can mail order a car if I want.

de K5NRA
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

O6nop
Posts in topic: 1

Post by O6nop »

jimlongley wrote:The heck with just over the counter, I can mail order a car if I want.
You can buy cars on eBay, too. Also, you don't have to conceal a car to use it. If you don't want to own a vehicle or can't afford one, there is public transportation, so firearms or protection, however you want to make the simile work, would have to be available anytime they are needed.
Parking garages allow you to park before entering a building. If there are any restrictive buildings, we should be able to park our guns until we exit again.
You can build your own car out of as many foreign or domestic parts as you want.

I don't think his statement, in the original post, touches on real issues. There really isn't a problem of learning how to use a gun, this brings up issues of safety. From what I understand, there is a bigger problem with illegal guns in the hands of criminals that want to do harm to innocents and law-abiding citizens. Punishment and enforcement for the laws already in place and the elimination of laws that serve no purpose is the major issue.
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

Return to “Federal”