NRA Director says "5 rounds is enough"?!

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
45ACP
Posts in topic: 7

NRA Director says "5 rounds is enough"?!

Post by 45ACP »

NRA Director Says Five Rounds is Enough
That JPFO and the NRA have different views on "gun control" is no secret; you can read our position -- and view supporting evidence -- at http://www.jpfo.org/alert20061211.htm . You can also read an article on the NRA's recent alignment with gun-prohibitionist Carolyn McCarthy at http://www.jpfo.org/smith-nra.htm .

And now, NRA Director Joaquin Jackson has publically stated that magazine capacities should be limited to five rounds and that "assault weapons [sic] should be limited to military or police." That's right -- a director of the supposedly pro-gun NRA wants to take YOUR semi-automatic rifles away.

Don't believe us? Think it's just a rumor? View the evidence for yourself at http://www.klru.org/texasmonthlytalks/a ... n5_44k.mov (we also have it mirrored on the JPFO site at http://www.jpfo.org/joaquin.mov ).

Already the NRA apologists are coming out of the woodwork. Anyone who points out the hypocrisy of Jackson's position are denounced as "wackos", "black helicopter paranoids," and "just trying to make a buck."

It's time to "Humiliate and Repudiate" Joaquin Jackson and the NRA. Go to http://www.jpfo.org/handbill-joaquin.jpg to see our latest handbill. Print it out and distribute it to those who still believe the NRA is working in the interest of gun owners. They are not.

If you value the truth more than betrayal and want an aggressive defense of your natural and Second Amendment rights, visit http://www.jpfo.org/member.htm to learn how you can join JPFO. We encourage you to use our "gun control" destroying books and videos ( http://shop.jpfo.org ) and get on board with us today.

- The Liberty Crew

PS Don't forget that you can view all our "Humiliate and Repudiate" handbills at http://www.jpfo.org/freebies.htm
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection in the Home, Home Firearm Safety
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA & GOA Life Member

Jason73
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jason73 »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Guess who wont be renewing their NRA membership - I may as well send my money to the Brady bunch, the goal for both seems to be the same.

Topic author
45ACP

Vote with your wallet...

Post by 45ACP »

Jason73 wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

Guess who wont be renewing their NRA membership - I may as well send my money to the Brady bunch, the goal for both seems to be the same.
May I suggest that you take the renewal amount and send a check to GOA or JFPO and send a copy of the check to the NRA along with an explanation of why they lost your financial vote?
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection in the Home, Home Firearm Safety
NRA & GOA Life Member

SC1903A3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SC1903A3 »

Jason73 wrote:
Guess who wont be renewing their NRA membership
I've been a member of the NRA longer than I can remember. I don't think quiting is the answer. Rather than quiting I would urge you to voice your concerns to the NRA leadership. Write down your concerns and put it away for 24 hours. Read it again, and ask your self how you would respond to that letter. A well reasoned letter of concern about Mr. Jacksons views has more impact than an off the cuff reaction to his statements. Sometimes gentile persuasion can do more than a sledge hammer. Just my 2¢ worth.

Renegade

Post by Renegade »

I have the opposite plan. I will be renewing my membership and will be voting against him.

Renegade

Post by Renegade »

Here he is backpedaling. Too bad he just looks worse:

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=9899

STATEMENT OF JOAQUIN JACKSON

Recently, some misunderstandings have arisen about a news interview in which I participated a few years ago. After recently watching a tape of that interview, I understand the sincere concerns of many people, including dear friends of mine. And I am pleased and eager to clear up any confusion about my long held belief in the sanctity of the Second Amendment.

In the interview, when asked about my views of “assault weapons,� I was talking about true assault weapons – fully automatic firearms. I was not speaking, in any way, about semiautomatic rifles. While the media may not understand this critical distinction, I take it very seriously. But, as a result, I understand how some people may mistakenly take my comments to mean that I support a ban on civilian ownership of semiautomatic firearms. Nothing could be further from the truth. And, unfortunately, the interview was cut short before I could fully explain my thoughts and beliefs.

In fact, I am a proud owner of such rifles, as are millions of law-abiding Americans. And many Americans also enjoy owning fully automatic firearms, after being cleared by a background check and meeting the rigorous regulations to own such firearms. And these millions of lawful gun owners have every right – and a Second Amendment right – to own them.

As a hunter, I take great pride in my marksmanship. Every hunter should practice to be skilled to take prey with a single shot, if possible. That represents ethical, humane, skilled hunting. In the interview several years ago, I spoke about this aspect of hunting and my belief that no hunter should take the field and rely upon high capacity magazines to take their prey.

But that comment should never be mistaken as support for the outright banning of any ammunition magazines. In fact, such bans have been pursued over the years by state legislatures and the United States Congress and these magazine bans have always proven to be abject failures.

Let me be very clear. As a retired Texas Ranger, during 36 years of law enforcement service, I was sworn to uphold the United States Constitution. As a longtime hunter and shooter, an NRA Board Member, and as an American – I believe the Second Amendment is a sacred right of all law-abiding Americans and, as I stated in the interview in question, I believe it is the Second Amendment that ensures all of our other rights handed down by our Founding Fathers.

I have actively opposed gun bans and ammunition and magazine bans in the past, and I will continue to actively oppose such anti-gun schemes in the future.

I appreciate my friends who have brought this misunderstanding to light, for it has provided me an opportunity to alleviate any doubts about my strong support for the NRA and our Second Amendment freedom.

Topic author
45ACP

Drivel? Which part are you claiming is drivel?

Post by 45ACP »

george wrote:Hey, if you guys really were in the NRA, why didn't you read the story in the American Rifleman about this, instead of advancing this drivel!
Mister, I am a Life Member and a Certified Instructor and Range Safety Officer. The NRA has received a considerable amount of money from me. So I feel betrayed by this garbage, and none too happy about it.

What part do you claim is drivel? Did you WATCH the video?! Watch the video and then tell me what you think is drivel.

http://www.klru.org/texasmonthlytalks/a ... n5_44k.mov

With friends like these, who needs enemies? You know it's got to be pretty bad when the NRA doesn't understand the 2d Amendment. This Joaquin Jackson guy clearly doesn't have a clue and needs to go.
NRA & GOA Life Member

Topic author
45ACP

Post by 45ACP »

Renegade wrote:

I have the opposite plan. I will be renewing my membership and will be voting against him.
When is our next chance? When are the next elections?
NRA & GOA Life Member

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

As a life member of the NRA, I have to agree with 45ACP. I am not canceling my membership, but I know who I will be voting against in their next board elections. And I will be letting them all know why besides.

NRA does elections a little differently than most, with the ability to vote for multiple candidates. In the past, I have only voted FOR the ones I wanted to have in office, leaving some unused votes. The winners are elected based on the number of votes they get. This time, I will vote for the ones I want to be in office, then fill out the rest of the ballot slots with people who I don't care about either way, just to hope enough get more votes than this person.

At the same time, I will write a public letter to the NRA board explaining that his backpedaling was just as bad as the original statement because he still thinks some guns should be restricted. I disagree with him about the fully automatic assault rifles he tries to say he was talking about. So whether you take the original statement for what it is worth, or the backpedaling explanation at its face, he is still anti-gun to me.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
45ACP

Post by 45ACP »

Renegade wrote:Here he is backpedaling. Too bad he just looks worse:

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=9899

STATEMENT OF JOAQUIN JACKSON

Recently, some misunderstandings have arisen about a news interview in which I participated a few years ago. After recently watching a tape of that interview, I understand the sincere concerns of many people, including dear friends of mine. And I am pleased and eager to clear up any confusion about my long held belief in the sanctity of the Second Amendment.

In the interview, when asked about my views of “assault weapons,� I was talking about true assault weapons – fully automatic firearms. I was not speaking, in any way, about semiautomatic rifles. While the media may not understand this critical distinction, I take it very seriously. But, as a result, I understand how some people may mistakenly take my comments to mean that I support a ban on civilian ownership of semiautomatic firearms. Nothing could be further from the truth. And, unfortunately, the interview was cut short before I could fully explain my thoughts and beliefs.

In fact, I am a proud owner of such rifles, as are millions of law-abiding Americans. And many Americans also enjoy owning fully automatic firearms, after being cleared by a background check and meeting the rigorous regulations to own such firearms. And these millions of lawful gun owners have every right – and a Second Amendment right – to own them.

As a hunter, I take great pride in my marksmanship. Every hunter should practice to be skilled to take prey with a single shot, if possible. That represents ethical, humane, skilled hunting. In the interview several years ago, I spoke about this aspect of hunting and my belief that no hunter should take the field and rely upon high capacity magazines to take their prey.

But that comment should never be mistaken as support for the outright banning of any ammunition magazines. In fact, such bans have been pursued over the years by state legislatures and the United States Congress and these magazine bans have always proven to be abject failures.

Let me be very clear. As a retired Texas Ranger, during 36 years of law enforcement service, I was sworn to uphold the United States Constitution. As a longtime hunter and shooter, an NRA Board Member, and as an American – I believe the Second Amendment is a sacred right of all law-abiding Americans and, as I stated in the interview in question, I believe it is the Second Amendment that ensures all of our other rights handed down by our Founding Fathers.

I have actively opposed gun bans and ammunition and magazine bans in the past, and I will continue to actively oppose such anti-gun schemes in the future.

I appreciate my friends who have brought this misunderstanding to light, for it has provided me an opportunity to alleviate any doubts about my strong support for the NRA and our Second Amendment freedom.
Thanks for posting this. I agree with you that he looks worse, I'm not buying his 'clarification'.
It appears to me that Mr. Jackson believes, or wants us all to believe that the 2d Amendment might have something to do with hunting game animals. Either way, as far as I'm concerned he's unfit to be a Board Member of the NRA.
NRA & GOA Life Member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I want to hear from Charles.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

longtooth wrote:I want to hear from Charles.
+1

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by KBCraig »

It's an old video clip. I remember a minor stink at the time. He didn't get the full Zumbo treatment. He also failed to learn anything from it, unlike Zumbo.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by KBCraig »

Speaking of the Board of Directors... is there anywhere online that lists the current board members? The NRA website doesn't list them (and they have a horrible website in general).

Return to “Federal”