2017 Wait time

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

HoytHouser
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 2017 Wait time

Post by HoytHouser »

LTC Class on Feb 1st
Finger Prints on Feb 3rd
Submitted all documents on Feb 3rd
Received Email conformation from DPS on Feb 6th.
Site updated status to figerprints review and back ground check under review.
Past the 60 days and absolutely no status change.

:banghead:

Glockman93
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Glockman93 »

HoytHouser wrote:LTC Class on Feb 1st
Finger Prints on Feb 3rd

Call and ask when they actually started your app. Apparently they don't start the clock till they actually "start" the process. I called to let them know their 60 days was up and they said they are only at 30 days. They had mine for 30 days before it was even touched. I submitted mine about the same time you did.

:rules: :nono:

ClintHTx
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ClintHTx »

All of my documentation was received on 3/4/2017. Still sitting at fingerprint and background check pending. Sent an email asking if there was anything additional I needed or if they could tell me if anything was going on. Said the wait can take up to 8 business weeks and I'm sitting at 6. Called and go through to speak with a lady that told me there was nothing she could tell me other than what that email said. Said it's just a long process. Checking couple times a day is killing me!

Glockman93

Post by Glockman93 »

got the call I have been wanting from dps today. They said I have finally been cleared and would be moved through print.

Here is what I have found out about the process from my own experience. Calling the handgun license number is pretty much pointless. You will not get any answers from them because I believe they really don't know what's going on with your process. I submitted all my paperwork and received confirmation on February 10th. Like many I called once a week and got the same answer of we just have to wait for the process. When I reached my 60th day a called again and was told that the clock doesn't start till they actually open your application. This is completely wrong. It clearly says 60 days from the time the complete application was submitted or received ( confirmation email). I decided to look up my state rep for the county I live in and sent their office an email asking why I was being with held my constitutional right. The next day their office called and said they would look into it. Surprisingly dps manager called me that afternoon to tell me they were being held up from an arrest when I was 12 years old for battery that was wrongly documented as a felony but was actually a class a misdemeanor . She did not how ever have an answer as to why I was not sent a letter by mail saying they needed more info as it states that needs to be sent out within the 60 day period. Honestly seemed like they threw my app in the corner untouched. Long story short I made a few calls and had the reports needed in about half a day. It blows my mind that an investigator could not have done this considering all I did was make a few calls. Anyways my recommendation to anyone waiting is to get past your 60days and get on top of your state rep. They are elected by you to work for you and is the fastest way to get answers. There is no telling when I would have finally been notified about this issue with out pushing them on this.

007Glock
Posts in topic: 27

Post by 007Glock »

Here is my timeline for application:

Submitted application: 4/10/2017
Fingerprints: 4/11/2017
Submitted supporting documents to RSD same day as fingerprints: 4/11/2017
Receipt of supporting documents from RSD: 4/12/2017

It's been one week, I checked this morning, but nothing has changed yet on the site. It only gives the generic application answer. About how long does it take until the detailed status list appears?

HoytHouser

Post by HoytHouser »

HoytHouser wrote:LTC Class on Feb 1st
Finger Prints on Feb 3rd

4/18/2017 Finally a change in status! License To Carry A Handgun : Print Pending

Was really beginning to think there was something on my record holding me up. Either way, it's finally coming.
:patriot:

ClintHTx
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ClintHTx »

I'm sitting at 45 days right now. Mine is showing background and fingerprints under review. Been sitting like that forever. By the looks others are taking pretty long too. Maybe they ar just being really slow.

Glockman93

Post by Glockman93 »

007Glock wrote:Here is my timeline for application:

It's been one week, I checked this morning, but nothing has changed yet on the site. It only gives the generic application answer. About how long does it take until the detailed status list appears?

I waited about a week and called dps and they looked it up and acknowledged it so it would come up online.

Glockman93

Post by Glockman93 »

ClintHTx wrote:I'm sitting at 45 days right now. Mine is showing background and fingerprints under review. Been sitting like that forever. By the looks others are taking pretty long too. Maybe they ar just being really slow.

I'd go with they are being really slow :iagree: :fire

007Glock
Posts in topic: 27

Post by 007Glock »

Glockman93 wrote:

I waited about a week and called dps and they looked it up and acknowledged it so it would come up online.
My status screen changed today, and the detailed status list appeared as attached below. Everything is green except for fingerprints and background check, which both say under review. I find this odd that my fingerprints say 'under review', as others have said theirs turned green as 'received' when their statuses appeared. Also, the 60 day clock should officially start from today correct? I wonder about how long it will take since I have one arrest on my record from nearly 10 years ago, even though it is not disqualifying. I made sure to also include a certified disposition as part of my supporting documents. Does this seem correct in the attachment of my status below that my fingerprints haven't turned green yet and say 'under review' along with my background check? Also, the 60 day clock officially begins today correct? I sent in the certified disposition along with my supporting documents hoping that it should speed things up somewhat. Any advice or experiences on how long it took to process with having one misdemeanor on your record? Keep in my mind that I sent in a certified disposition with my supporting documents, so they should have it also. The wait is really killing me! I appreciate and look forward to everyone's feedback. Thank you.
Attachments
LTC Status Screenshot.jpg

Glockman93

Post by Glockman93 »

007Glock wrote:
Glockman93 wrote:

My status screen changed today, and the detailed status list appeared as attached below. Everything is green except for fingerprints and background check, which both say under review. I find this odd that my fingerprints say 'under review', as others have said theirs turned green as 'received' when their statuses appeared. Also, the 60 day clock should officially start from today correct? I wonder about how long it will take since I have one arrest on my record from nearly 10 years ago, even though it is not disqualifying. I made sure to also include a certified disposition as part of my supporting documents. Does this seem correct in the attachment of my status below that my fingerprints haven't turned green yet and say 'under review' along with my background check? Also, the 60 day clock officially begins today correct? I sent in the certified disposition along with my supporting documents hoping that it should speed things up somewhat. Any advice or experiences on how long it took to process with having one misdemeanor on your record? Keep in my mind that I sent in a certified disposition with my supporting documents, so they should have it also. The wait is really killing me! I appreciate and look forward to everyone's feedback. Thank you.

My prints stayed under review as well. The prints are part of your back ground check so that's why they say under review. Technically your 60 days start when you get the confirmation email saying everything was received but dps will play it off to be when they actually open the application. Their statute says from the time everything was received and per the email they have received it. It will definitely help you that you turned in paper work for your misdemeanor. I forgot I was arrested as a minor and didn't send anything in for it and apparently it was filed as a felony (which it wasn't) and I had to get my state rep involved after my 60 days them telling me I'm still being processed when in fact they just never sent me a letter saying they needed info. I'd honestly say that calling dps is a waste of time. I called once a week after 60 days and they obviously didn't know anything about my app. Best you can do is wait the horrible 60 days and then get your rep involved if nothing happens. I honestly think I would have got mine a lot sooner if it wasn't fort arrest mix up. Good luck! We have all felt the painful wait! :thumbs2: :txflag: :fire

ONEDEEP76541
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ONEDEEP76541 »

Mar 17, 2017: all doc received
Apr 21, 2017: print pending
:drool: :txflag:
Attachments
Print pending
Print pending

Captain Matt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Captain Matt »

Looking at some of these timelines, it seems DPS should testify in favor of HB 1911 to help them manage their workload.
"hic sunt dracones"

LTCTLB
Posts in topic: 7

Post by LTCTLB »

Papa_Tiger wrote:This is not a timeline for a new application or renewal, but an address change.

Address change submitted Monday, plastic in hand on Saturday. :tiphat:
Did you have to email the checklist that requires nothing?
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

LTCTLB wrote:
Papa_Tiger wrote:This is not a timeline for a new application or renewal, but an address change.

Address change submitted Monday, plastic in hand on Saturday. :tiphat:
Did you have to email the checklist that requires nothing?
Nope. Just submitted the address change request online, paid the fee and had plastic in less than a week.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”