Spoke with Austin today...

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
spud
Posts in topic: 5

Spoke with Austin today...

Post by spud »

They let me know that after 45ish days they havent even looked at my paperowrk yet. After 28 days they sent it back for me to sign something i missed. Now I guess after they send you something to fix, it gets put at the far back of the line in the I dont care section. I am super POed because it looks like i will hit over 120 days. And to make matters worse, I have to move. In 30 days. Now I have to back out on all arangements to move into a house finally and forfit all the money I put for a downpayment to stay in this apartment till my plastic gets here. Im sure I could work around the CHL and still move, but I would like to see it this year sometime. So now, bah whatever.

Sorry had to vent

Diode
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Spoke with Austin today...

Post by Diode »

spud wrote:Sorry had to vent
That does seem to be the case for most people who don't sign something or have bad prints. Hang in there, vent anytime I'll read it I promise ! :leaving

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Spoke with Austin today...

Post by txinvestigator »

spud wrote:They let me know that after 45ish days they havent even looked at my paperowrk yet. After 28 days they sent it back for me to sign something i missed. Now I guess after they send you something to fix, it gets put at the far back of the line in the I dont care section. I am super POed because it looks like i will hit over 120 days. And to make matters worse, I have to move. In 30 days. Now I have to back out on all arangements to move into a house finally and forfit all the money I put for a downpayment to stay in this apartment till my plastic gets here. Im sure I could work around the CHL and still move, but I would like to see it this year sometime. So now, bah whatever.

Sorry had to vent
Why would you not move because you don't have a CHL yet?
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Topic author
spud

Post by spud »

Worried about the address change and more wait.

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

spud wrote:Worried about the address change and more wait.
I would not let that keep my life still.

First I would do this; https://moversguide.usps.com/

then I would move.

WHen my CHL arrives, I would do this; https://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/NAS ... essManager
*CHL Instructor*

Topic author
spud

Post by spud »

Didnt know if that might add a kink in the system. I have entered the worried as heck stage and i am walking on needles.

If you think that will work then I will give it a go.

cyphur
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cyphur »

Do the USPS address change when you move as txinvestigator mentioned. Then when you move it will be sent to the new address. I just moved and it took effect the exact day that I put on the form(a good few weeks after I turned in the form).

I'd personally do the address change after you get the plastic, thats what makes most sense to me, but listen to the folks who have been in that situaiton, as I have not.

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

cyphur wrote:Do the USPS address change when you move as txinvestigator mentioned. Then when you move it will be sent to the new address. I just moved and it took effect the exact day that I put on the form(a good few weeks after I turned in the form).

I'd personally do the address change after you get the plastic, thats what makes most sense to me, but listen to the folks who have been in that situaiton, as I have not.
Yep. Do the post office address change effective for the day you move. Your mail will be forwarded to your new address.

Then after your CHL arrives at the new address, go online wth DPS and change your CHL address.
*CHL Instructor*

Diode

Post by Diode »

txinvestigator wrote:
cyphur wrote:Do the USPS address change when you move as txinvestigator mentioned. Then when you move it will be sent to the new address. I just moved and it took effect the exact day that I put on the form(a good few weeks after I turned in the form).

Yep. Do the post office address change effective for the day you move. Your mail will be forwarded to your new address.

Then after your CHL arrives at the new address, go online wth DPS and change your CHL address.
How long does the Post Office forward mail?

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

Diode wrote:
txinvestigator wrote:

https://hdusps.esecurecare.net/cgi-bin/ ... iew=1#long

Scroll down
*CHL Instructor*

Diode

Post by Diode »

txinvestigator wrote:
Diode wrote:
txinvestigator wrote:

https://hdusps.esecurecare.net/cgi-bin/ ... iew=1#long

Scroll down
Ah there it is..... I thought it was 60 or 90 but I kept thinking 30 and that would be too short waiting o na CHL hahahahaha

Topic author
spud

Post by spud »

Thanks for all the input makes me feel alot better. Well about the move, still unhappy with the wait, but hey. Its all good. Maby my girlfriend will get hers at the same time I do, And she hasent taken her corse yet :)

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kalrog »

You actually don't have to wait until your CHL arrives. They can do the change of address while it is still processing - at least they did it for me.

Topic author
spud

Post by spud »

Even better! Thanks.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”