April 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

firehiker
Posts in topic: 5

Re: April 2009 Applications

Post by firehiker »

I'm thinking about going to the gun range to purchase a holster...the one I have is not suitable for concealed carry...it's a gigantic Bianchi combat holster. I just bought a Timbuk2 messenger bag for the "in-the-meantime". This after making fun of my cop friend for his MURSE...
Anyone else carry their pistols in messenger bags or other bags?

Mine is solid black though...I am second guessing the Xtra Small, since I can't fit my school notebooks in it...but for carrying my firearm, it's pretty good. It also has a small hidden pocket inside that fits a holstered baby glock perfectly...
04-18-09 CHL Class
04-20-09 App. Packet Mailed to Austin
04-23-09 Austin Rec'd Packet
04-02-09 Pin Mailed from Austin
04-08-09 Pin Received; "Processing Application"
07-22-09 "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"
07-25-09 Plastic in Hand

USA1
Posts in topic: 249

Post by USA1 »

dicion wrote:
usa1 wrote:"Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" --113days with no issues
NO WAY

/me checks mine now

Edit:

"Processing Application"

:cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin
Way.. ;-)
dicion , we have the same dates.
i know you had to submit additional info , but yours should be right around the corner . :tiphat:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Tireshred
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Tireshred »

firehiker wrote:I'm thinking about going to the gun range to purchase a holster...the one I have is not suitable for concealed carry...it's a gigantic Bianchi combat holster. I just bought a Timbuk2 messenger bag for the "in-the-meantime". This after making fun of my cop friend for his MURSE...
Anyone else carry their pistols in messenger bags or other bags?

Mine is solid black though...I am second guessing the Xtra Small, since I can't fit my school notebooks in it...but for carrying my firearm, it's pretty good. It also has a small hidden pocket inside that fits a holstered baby glock perfectly...

When I carry this, I use my man-purse, it's the only way to carry the thing, even though it's light, it's not small.

"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

firehiker
Posts in topic: 5

Post by firehiker »

Wow, that's a cannon!
I've already decided to return the bag and get either a "small" or "medium"...the XS is just too tiny for carrying my 92F and anything else...and since it's a "messenger bag", I think I should at least be able to carry messages. Well, you get the idea. Maybe the next size up that will allow me to also carry a notebook for Medic School...
04-18-09 CHL Class
04-20-09 App. Packet Mailed to Austin
04-23-09 Austin Rec'd Packet
04-02-09 Pin Mailed from Austin
04-08-09 Pin Received; "Processing Application"
07-22-09 "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"
07-25-09 Plastic in Hand

gwtrikenut
Posts in topic: 23

Post by gwtrikenut »

Saturday night my truck wheels were stolen in my driveway. Under a street light. Found it sitting on blocks Sunday morning. Called police and made a report. Also had him run my license and it showed no CHL yet. Will be 17 weeks this Wednesday. I think it is time to request a hearing. Maybe this will light a fire under somebodies butt. :mad5

gwtrikenut

Post by gwtrikenut »

Just got a call from DPS and he said I have been approved and that to expect my license to be delivered in a couple days. The wait is over. Hot dog! :anamatedbanana :thewave :cheers2: :hurry: :clapping: :anamatedbanana

Dexdahex
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Dexdahex »

sorry to hear about the wheels, but congrats on the plastic... :anamatedbanana
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) FN-40

USA1

Post by USA1 »

gwtrikenut wrote:Just got a call from DPS and he said I have been approved and that to expect my license to be delivered in a couple days. The wait is over. Hot dog! :anamatedbanana :thewave :cheers2: :hurry: :clapping: :anamatedbanana
ALLRIGHT !!
congrats !
that wasn't too long considering the whole Harris county thing . :???:

i have a feeling that the April bunch is going to start having a flood of apps.completed :thumbs2:

Dexdahex
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Dexdahex »

USA1 wrote:
gwtrikenut wrote:Just got a call from DPS and he said I have been approved and that to expect my license to be delivered in a couple days. The wait is over. Hot dog! :anamatedbanana :thewave :cheers2: :hurry: :clapping: :anamatedbanana
ALLRIGHT !!
congrats !
that wasn't too long considering the whole Harris county thing . :???:

i have a feeling that the April bunch is going to start having a flood of apps.completed :thumbs2:
A flood did you say... :thumbs2: I hope I will be washed away soon :lol::
"Every Citizen Shall Have The Right To Keep And Bear Arms In The Lawful Defense Of Himself Or The State"

CHL Holder
NRA Member

Fabrique Nationale Herstal (FNH) FN-40

gwtrikenut

Post by gwtrikenut »

Yes it surprised me too. I really expected it to take another couple weeks, after seeing some with the dates being posted on here. But one thing for sure, I won't let this one expire, like I did my first one 8 years ago.
Dexdahex, looks like you may be getting the call in a couple days yourself. By you time lines, you are only three days behind me.

Chip
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Chip »

USA1 - are you watching for the postman today? :lol: I know I'll be checking the mail as soon as I get home!
I will add, as a fifth circumstance in the situation of the House of Representatives, restraining them from oppressive measures, that they can make no law which will not have its full operation on themselves and their friends, as well as on the great mass of the society. - J Madison, Federalist #57

LoneStarWings
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LoneStarWings »

Good to hear some of you guys are getting your plastic. I'm a march app, but why oh why did my employer decide to base themselves in Harris County?
Residence: Austin, Travis County
Employer: Houston, Harris County
3/24/09: Application Mailed to DPS
5/26/09: Date of Letter Containing PIN
9/02/09: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
9/10/09: Plastic In Hand

UTADELTAU
Posts in topic: 7

Post by UTADELTAU »

So I emailed my state senator about a week ago and they contacted DPS fast forward for today I get a voicemail from someone at the DPS saying that they are going to run my background cheek now and if everything goes well they said it would be "mailed/completed" by Friday. I not sure if i should start celebrating.
04.04.2009 : CHL Course Completed( Safe Gun Academy)
04.06.2009 : Paperwork Mailed
04.08.2009 : Paperwork Received
05.30.2009 : PIN received
07.23.2009 : Email to State Senator
08.04.2009 :Application Completed - license issued or certificate active Via DPS Website
08.07.2009 : Plastic In Hand

rtschl
Posts in topic: 12

Post by rtschl »

Day 95... Wanted to find out since almost a month ago, I was told everything was in. I was specifically told then (as well as two weeks ago) that my bg checks were in. I was only waiting for the technician to "clear" the application and then have it printed.

Today I was told that it is waiting on my bg check. When I said I was already told twice that bg was completed and in, she told me that it is "waiting for an item that is considered to be part of bg check". I was stunned. She even asked if I was still there. I answered and said that I do not understand and re-iterated what I had been told the other two times. I then specifically asked what bg check is pending since I was told it was only waiting for the technician to clear it and then it would be printed.

She said that I was correct and then admitted that what it is waiting for is to be assigned a number and that is "considered part of the bg check." So I guess they are now trying to placate us by stating that everything is "part of the bg check". Unbelievable.

Ron
Ron
NRA Member

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Chip wrote:USA1 - are you watching for the postman today? :lol: I know I'll be checking the mail as soon as I get home!
just checked my mail 5 minutes ago...nothing but a sales sheet from Bass Pro Shops . :cryin
oh well , something to read while i'm in the... library... later . Image

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”