I think I goofed

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Royal Goober
Posts in topic: 3

I think I goofed

Post by Royal Goober »

I'll be brief, everything is in order but I didn't send my paperwork certified. I put a stamp on it and dropped it in the mail. That was done on the 23rd and from what I've read the time frame is not out of line but right now I have no way of tracking it. Has anyone else done this?

Thanks!

GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I think I goofed

Post by GeekwithaGun »

Have you checked the DPS website for a status?
NRA Life Member

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

:iagree:

Based on other posts, it is not uncommon for Web updates to be a few weeks behind. I have read some accounts of people receiving the plastic in the mail before the the record was was updated on the Web as mailed. Personally, I see no value in sending it 'Certified Mail'. If DPS says they do not have it, what good is it that you have a record that it was received? Certified Mail and Proof-of-Delivery have good uses, I just do not think sending your CHL packet to DPS is one of them.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

mrm1955Tex

Post by mrm1955Tex »

Royal Goober wrote:I'll be brief, everything is in order but I didn't send my paperwork certified. I put a stamp on it and dropped it in the mail. That was done on the 23rd and from what I've read the time frame is not out of line but right now I have no way of tracking it. Has anyone else done this?

Thanks!
I did the same thing, NOT Certified, and started worrying as well but they got it just fine.
It was about almost 2 weeks before they showed package received acknowledgment.
NRA Member

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

You are not at all out of the time line for having your package received. Dont worry yet. The loose very few. Only problem w/ that is if they loose yours they loose it all.

You should be OK. Dont start to worry until at least the 15th.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

odcaloney

Post by odcaloney »

We sent ours regular mail and I started worrying after reading posts about certified mail. Then it all came together quite quickly. Dropped them in the mail on Aug. 7th and my wife got her plastic yesterday and mine shows mailed this morning.
United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

Walther PPQ 9mm
Walther PK380
Walther P22Q
Ruger SR9c
Ruger SR1911 CMD

Topic author
Royal Goober

Post by Royal Goober »

Yes, I've been checking daily. I think that I'll stop that that and see where we're at on Wednesday of next week. On a side note, do you think it raises any flags if you're logging in a couple times a day to check for an update?

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

Royal Goober wrote:Yes, I've been checking daily. I think that I'll stop that that and see where we're at on Wednesday of next week. On a side note, do you think it raises any flags if you're logging in a couple times a day to check for an update?
No they are used to that.
Dont worry.

i know, I Know, I KNOW, easy for me to say my plastic in my ID pack. :roll:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
Royal Goober

Post by Royal Goober »

odcaloney wrote:We sent ours regular mail and I started worrying after reading posts about certified mail. Then it all came together quite quickly. Dropped them in the mail on Aug. 7th and my wife got her plastic yesterday and mine shows mailed this morning.

I'm about two weeks behind you so I will just wait and see.

Thanks to everyone that replied.

teri

Post by teri »

[quote="Royal Goober]On a side note, do you think it raises any flags if you're logging in a couple times a day to check for an update?[/quote]

You can be our guinea pig `cause no one here has ever done that.... :lol::
6/2/12 - CHL Class
7/20/12 - Plastic in hand!

~Do it today! It might be illegal tomorrow. - author unknown~

RIG78

Post by RIG78 »

Keep reading posts here... you'll eventually stop looking as much. :lol:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”