March 2009 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jedirocker
Posts in topic: 5

Re: March 2009 Applications

Post by jedirocker »

03/07/09 -- CHL class taken in Collin County (I reside in Denton County)
03/10/09 -- state received my packet
04/24/09 -- PIN received - processing app

And then nothing. Nothing at all. <sigh> :cryin

WonderNine+P+
Posts in topic: 8

Post by WonderNine+P+ »

Hey guys and gals! This will only be my second post. I sent my packet off the 5th of March and was issued my PIN about a month thereafter. Today will only be my 84th day of waiting since I mailed my packet to Austin. From the looks of everything online it's currently taking 95-110 days for licenses to be issued - that is if there aren't any problems like smudged prints or missing information - problems which I've been lucky not to have. I still don't plan on inquiring about the status of my application via the DPS phone number or e-mail address. I just wish everyone would stop that so DPS can focus ALL of their abilities on processing, not answering stupid questions (i.e. "What's taking so long?" etc...). There're only like 6 people in that office. Replying to e-mails definitely slows things down. Think about it - pure logic. :nono: I do, however, check my status at the website regularly.

I have since gotten my Kahr P9 out of layaway and boy is it sweet! I've already put over 200 rounds through it with excellent results. I already have a holster for it as well - a High Noon Bare Asset (IWB) - it's awesome. I have a really nice custom Kramer IWB holster being made that I put on order a while back for my full size CZ-75B. It should be here by the beginning of June. I'm staying busy working, reading, and shooting. I saw Terminator: Salvation last weekend also. It was very cool! Lots of shooting in it for us - guns actually run out of ammo in it too! Some very cool aviation scenes as well. By far my favorite one. Stay busy everyone, the licenses shall come! At least you already have your foot in the door so to speak and haven't just taken your class. Those folks will be lucky to get their plastic by September or October. "rlol" Take care everyone!

P.S. For everyone who insists that e-mails and calls to DPS, and e-mails and calls to representatives will indeed solve the problem, think again. Not only will it slow things down like I said before, I imagine that nothing will be taken seriously by the government to remedy these extreme processing times until they get truely extreme - by this I mean the 180 day allowed maximum. So long as DPS issues licenses within the 180 day timeframe, they will not take measures to hire a reasonable number of processors. The number of applicants will fall significantly anyhow within the coming year(s), so why hire more people? is their logic I would assume. :grumble
Class: End of Feb.
Sent Packet: 3/5
Application Complete: 6/19
License In Mail: 6/24

jedirocker

Post by jedirocker »

I agree that calling/emailing probably reduces productivity. That is why I have not called/emailed.

Vince
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Vince »

WonderNine, very well said. I'm in the same camp as you but mailed mine five days or so later. I have not called or even emailed. All that can do is slow down the proccess! I have ordered holsters, shot some, and tried several diff shirts for summer carry. Again very well said. Although I do check about 12pm everyday online and again when I get home that night with my fingers crosssed.
1/3/09 Class taken
3/10/09 Packet Mailed
4/22/09 Proccesing App
6/09/09 Approved
6/13/09 Plastic in hand

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

Well, now I am starting to get a bit nervous. It has been about 75 days for something that is supposed to be capped at 45 (renewal) and my birthday is coming up in about 10 more days. This is going to be quite frustrating if I have to go MPA for a while instead of CHL.

jedirocker

Post by jedirocker »

I didn't realize that part of the background check included obtaining the birth certificate from your hometown/county. I'm from another state, so I guess I'm at the mercy of the responsiveness of my home county. Anyone here from Greene County in Missouri?

Purpletj

Post by Purpletj »

Im still here and anxiously waiting. Coming close to 90 days.,
3-7-09- CHL Course
3-9-09-Papers Mailed
3-16-09-Check Cashed
4-20-09-PIN Recd.
6-10-09- Application Completed!!!
06-13-09- Plastic in hand!!!

sierra
Posts in topic: 4

Post by sierra »

I'm at 93 days. Live in Williamson County (same address last 6 years) work in Travis. Still Processing App.

skeetshooter
Posts in topic: 11

Post by skeetshooter »

I'm at day 84 from the time they received my packet. :banghead: Looks like I have to wait 90 + days from the looks of everyones post. I still check every evening
to see if there is a change from "Processing Application".

02/28/09 -- CHL Class Taken
03/04/09 -- Packet mailed to DPS
03/10/09 -- Received by DPS via certified mail
04/20/09 -- PIN received - Processing App
XX/XX/09 -- Application Complete
XX/XX/09 -- Plastic in hand!

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

My birthday is this weekend - and so is my expiration date. DPS says that it is waiting on the printer... maybe I can get it printed on Monday and get me some extra time. Of course I would rather not have a lapse of coverage...

TexasHillBillY
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TexasHillBillY »

new to forum. took the class in mid march and mailed packet off almost instantly. just today did i receive my pin number. it took 77 days for me to get conformation. i took my class a shilo shooting range here in houston. i do live harris county so i hear it does take longer on the gulf coast. i was so glad when i checked the mailbox today and saw the letter. i was losing hope. now i can start the real waiting game and see how long it takes. good luck all.
03/15/09 Class taken
03/18/09 Packet Mailed
06/03/09 Processing App
08/29/09 Approved
08/31/09 Plastic in hand

Samual Adams: "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

Biga9999
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Biga9999 »

Holy Crap.

I can no longer complain about anything in this process.

Here's hoping you have a quick turnaround.
hellbilly1977 wrote:new to forum. took the class in mid march and mailed packet off almost instantly. just today did i receive my pin number. it took 77 days for me to get conformation. i took my class a shilo shooting range here in houston. i do live harris county so i hear it does take longer on the gulf coast. i was so glad when i checked the mailbox today and saw the letter. i was losing hope. now i can start the real waiting game and see how long it takes. good luck all.
"Eat, Drink and be Merry, for tomorrow we die"
David J Matthews

CHL Class 03/14/09
Mailed to DPS 03/16/09
DPS received 03/19/09
Processing 04/30/09
Approved 06/19/09
In hand 06/23/09

shawn
Posts in topic: 14

Post by shawn »

[singing]Na Na Na Na! Na Na Na Na! Hey Hey Hey! Good bye![/singing]

78 Days from the Date I estimate they received it in mail
44 Days from Date of Processing

Collin County.
Attachments
chl.JPG

Vince

Post by Vince »

NICE! You give me hope! We both went processing on same day, but I'm still waiting. 84 days. Should be anyday now. Tarrant county
1/3/09 Class taken
3/10/09 Packet Mailed
4/22/09 Proccesing App
6/09/09 Approved
6/13/09 Plastic in hand

bdeckbrew

Post by bdeckbrew »

Still waiting have had my PIN since May 7. Checking on a daily basis for any changes in the status. Last night when I got home had an envelope from the Licensing Bereau...

Could it be...

Noooooo fingerprints were denied. Have to retake them, needless to say I am leaving work early today.

Does anyone know how much that will slow down the process?

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”